• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe I travelled all the way to the computer to watch this shite.

If you like

Great coverage, great commentary and the best team won!

Posted Images

Fair play to South Shields, post game commentary still going on with replays etc. and bringing players in to chat. 

If I hear that we gave 100% from Pete Wild then he's definitely lost the plot. We were bullied off the ball and didn't offer anything going forward. Time for a shake up and rethink.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, shaymen_x said:

Yes, we lost before the kick off. 

I'm not going to quote it but someone said that gold should have played as a buffer today. Don't they sit on railway lines? Perhaps try playing as a striker for starters. 

You ae referring to "sleepers" - different word but similar effect. I could have chased defenders down quicker than Gold. 2 mins into the 2nd half best chance we had and he skied it over bar - could not hit a barn door is what I would describe his shooting ability as.

3 minutes ago, greygoose said:

Who would you have played upfront? No point saying Hyde, he's clearly not fit enough to start.

The same Josh MacDonald who's yet to even get on the bench for Hartlepool before today? 

Sounds like he took his chance & staked a claim, no worse than what I saw in a Town shirt today.

2 minutes ago, Ash said:

I’ve missed these meltdowns from the usual suspects! Almost makes losing worthwhile sometimes.

And here comes the usual suspect with the rose tinted blue specs here to defend us losing 2-0 to a team 2 leagues below us. Let's here it chief. 

We were unlucky. If this had happened we might have done this. 

Fact is every single person on here can see we started the game with effectively no striker on the pitch. 

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, Ash said:

I’ve missed these meltdowns from the usual suspects! Almost makes losing worthwhile sometimes.

Ash, while a step back and a deep breath is needed, we must still face the fact that we have squandered an opportunity to progress in the one competition that has any serious prize money, in a manner that was very poor. As a full time professional side we should be capable of taking on and beating teams 2 leagues below us. The fact that we cannot do this suggests that improvement is needed. 

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, greygoose said:

Who would you have played upfront? No point saying Hyde, he's clearly not fit enough to start.

I would have played 4-4-3. 

Johnson

King  Bradbury   Byrne  Williams

Woods    
                Earing          Green   
 Allen               Omotayo       Nepomoceno

Something different as recently it’s not been working and we ain’t scoring goals so we’ve got wingers and we aren’t using them right! 

Edited by TJAshton
1 minute ago, TJAshton said:

Johnson

Woods    
                Earing          Green   

Something different as recently it’s not been working and we ain’t scoring goals so we’ve got wingers and we aren’t using them right! 

I think I agree with you TJ! I'd like to see that formation.

3 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Johnson

Woods    
                Earing          Green   

Replace Omatayo for a traffic cone and we'll do alright.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, chrisbo61 said:

I think I agree with you TJ! I'd like to see that formation.

I think it would work well. Allen and Nepo would be very good and useful wingers but he’s playing them as strikers. It’s never going to work

2 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

Just shows how much we rely on Summerfield.

Roy, the impact of not having Summerfield on the pitch is 2 fold. 

1. Distribution from the back is limited without Summerfield, Too many times Clarke ended up with the ball at his feet with no one to take it of him, when he did try to pass it forward most of the time he found an opponent rather than a Town shirt.

2. There was little or no imagination. Woods is a competent midfield player but not a play maker or disruptor. We have few if any shots attempted from the midfield players, Summerfield is far more potent going forward.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, fez said:

Replace Omatayo for a traffic cone and we'll do alright.

Unfortunately he was the only player I could put there who was fit enough. 

Unless you put Dom Tear there who is a winger but wild likes to play wingers as strikers ffs

Just now, TJAshton said:

I think it would work well. Allen and Nepo would be very good and useful wingers but he’s playing them as strikers. It’s never going to work

I think thats the issue, their natural tendency is to get near the box and find someone to pass it to! But they are being played in a position thats not natural to them!

Please tell me I'm not crazy. 

Under Wilds tenure we have often had some of our best players languishing on the bench whilst the team is failing on the pitch. I can't buy the argument that Hyde, Allen, both Kings etc. were not fit enough to start the games. Surely they can start the game and come off the pitch after 60 mins having placed us in a strong position. We are not Liverpool or Man City who can afford to rest players against lesser opposition. Always start with your best team, unless you're steamrolling teams week in week out (which we've never done). 

• Like 1
Just now, shaymen_x said:

Please tell me I'm not crazy. 

Under Wilds tenure we have often had some of our best players languishing on the bench whilst the team is failing on the pitch. I can't buy the argument that Hyde, Allen, both Kings etc. were not fit enough to start the games. Surely they can start the game and come off the pitch after 60 mins having placed us in a strong position. We are not Liverpool or Man City who can afford to rest players against lesser opposition. Always start with your best team, unless you're steamrolling teams week in week out (which we've never done). 

That team he put out today was destined to lose. It was **** and had no idea upfront or in midfield

The only professional job I have seen from this club was Altrincham away when MOTD cameras were there , guaranteed upset it's Halifax Town , Allison both Mathews , inflatable bananas , Billy Barr ( fancy a job) all of them blew em away in front of packed away end .

Man City ....West Brom , great but few and far between the upsets we have manufactured in the cup are on one hand , the shite outweighs the good , now add  South Shields to that list who will probably draw a big league one club out on Monday ...... pissed off again .....yes ...but we go on .

• Thanks 1
20 minutes ago, greygoose said:

The same Josh MacDonald who's yet to even get on the bench for Hartlepool before today? 

Yep thats him. Far better than that shower of S---e that Ive just watched

Thank goodness we are getting the National Lottery money...cos we ain't getting any money from the Cups.

Harrogate Town, Halesowen, now South Shields. Going out without a whimper each time. And there is one common factor there...Pete Wild.

Basically, we brought our pre season form in to this game.

That was really poor today, we've just got no cutting edge in the final third. We just pass the ball around just outside and just inside the opposition's box, but there are no attempts on goal. It's a bit like Wenger's last years. We just don't look like scoring.

If Hyde is nowhere near fit, release Gold and get another striker in on loan.

Why was our best player, Summerfield, not playing?

Why is right footed Maher playing LEFT back? If he wants to get him in to this team, I would put him in midfield instead of Green.

Why did there seem to be a lack of spirit and desire from our players?

We threw that game hopefully for some strange reason , maybe in his post match interview Wild could cryptically say so like Mulhall did pre match when we played Gainsborough away in the cup.

Edited by monk
Changed post to pre .. regarding Mulhall who stated the league was priority.