On Monday, I contacted inplayer to request a refund .

I had a reply saying that I had to take it up with Woking, as the content supplier.

I e mailed cardslive yesterday evening, but they have not replied.

So 15 minutes ago I contacted inplayer again via their support portal.

They have now sent me the following reply:

We are sorry to inform you that after a detailed review by the content publisher, your refund request has been declined.
The reason for this decline is the following:
Please note that we offer 24/7 support and any and all issues with the livestream should be reported during the live broadcast, and refund requests submitted 24 hours after the event the latest.
58 minutes ago, oldskir said:

I had a reply saying that I had to take it up with Woking, as the content supplier.

We are sorry to inform you that after a detailed review by the content publisher, your refund request has been declined.
Please note that we offer 24/7 support and any and all issues with the livestream should be reported during the live broadcast, and refund requests submitted 24 hours after the event the latest.

I got the same...and emailed them back saying I couldn't email them during the game as I was trying to watch the game..had nothing back:D

2 hours ago, oldskir said:

Me too.

They've given other people including myself a refund for the quality of the stream, so they've admitted liability. Use this as a point and they've no choice but to refund you else you can take legal action. A bit over the top for £12 but you're within your rights.

When I read through the T&C's it says if 80% of the stream is of poor quality you can receive a refund. However it does not state what defines "poor quality" but maybe they can use the Woking stream as an example :lol:

How did you pay for the stream?

If you have used your credit card then do a charge back. Cite poor stream and you can link to this forum and both clubs twitter accounts of proof that they have refunded others and that it was not a problem at your end.

If you have used Paypal then open a dispute with them. Again, cite poor stream and link to the complaints. 

In both cases state others have been refunded and that liability at their end is apparent. 

The only sticking point you have is if you have paid by debit card, in which case you may have to be persistent with iplayer/woking for a refund and request it direct off them.

I don't think you can do a credit card charge back for a transaction where at least one item didn't cost £100 or more. Anything else isn't (or, at least, wasn't) covered by the relevant legislation, but card issuers often have better provision than the law requires them to have, so it's definitely worth checking.

I claimed via PayPal but the claim was ignored. I couldn't even escalate to PayPal until I called them because it was a digital product. They've now agreed to refund me on the proviso that I close the dispute first, which obviously isn't happening.

I've just sent a long e mail back to inplayer to pursue this further with them.

In particular I am saying that The sale and supply of digital content is covered by the Consumer Rights Act 2015, and
under this Consumer Rights Act, digital content should be of a satisfactory quality, fit for purpose.

Clearly in this case it WASN'T fit for purpose, and I have said that they have effectively agreed this, witness the refunds already given to other people.

Also, I have said that the Act gives customers in general 30 days in which to register a complaint, so I think the 24 hours is wrong.

I will keep you posted

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

I don't think you can do a credit card charge back for a transaction where at least one item didn't cost £100 or more.

I did a charge back against Ticketmaster when Covid first put us in lockdown as they refused to refund some gig tickets. I can't recall the cost, but it was around the £40 mark. Certainly nowhere near £100, even with all those scamming fees they add on top of things. 

6 minutes ago, townmad said:

I did the same and they referred me back to the streaming service who had told me to contact Woking, I feel they are both just taking the p***.

Woking responded to me earlier, they told me to contact inplayer, so I forwarded their e-mail and I await a response. It does occur to me though that it's Woking FC who owe the money as that is technically who my contract is with as it's them I paid!! I wait with baited breath?

I asked for a refund at halftime on Saturday . By full time there was no improvement so I confirmed my wish to get a refund.

I got an email on Sunday confirming they were crediting the refund. The reply was from inplayer.

Jaime

Am getting my money back. Had to chase them around as they were trying to send me round in circles but I kept at them and told them I wasn’t going away. 
My tip is be persistent.

On 10/20/2020 at 9:38 PM, oldskir said:

I've just sent a long e mail back to inplayer to pursue this further with them.

In particular I am saying that The sale and supply of digital content is covered by the Consumer Rights Act 2015, and
under this Consumer Rights Act, digital content should be of a satisfactory quality, fit for purpose.

Clearly in this case it WASN'T fit for purpose, and I have said that they have effectively agreed this, witness the refunds already given to other people.

Also, I have said that the Act gives customers in general 30 days in which to register a complaint, so I think the 24 hours is wrong.

I will keep you posted

Curious to know how you got on?

Inplayer emailed me again yesterday evening saying they were referring my complaint to Woking.

Since then I have heard nothing from either party.

I will be chasing this again.

Just seen the following news item on Woking website:

Streaming Statement

Sam Loxton - 19th October 2020

Streaming StatementWe are sorry that some fans experienced technical difficulties with our #CardsLive stream on Saturday. The reality of the situation is that we are trying to produce a 21st Century production in an early 20th century environment and this is also testing suppliers’ capabilities to the limit.

For the first time we suffered significant upload issues with our internet connection in the gantry which was the root cause of the video issues fans encountered. We believe the sound and commentary were much better this time following some work to solve previous issues, but unfortunately fans weren't able to fully experience this due to the upload issues.

We are working on solutions to prevent a repeat of the upload issues for future games.

Some mention has been made of the cost of the stream and by incorporating a programme into the package we believe this makes the £12 better value to our fans whilst allowing the club to minimise its match day losses in the current behind closed doors scenario. We will, of course, keep this under review.

In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your continued support and forbearance. Please rest assured that our Stream Team are working tirelessly to try and deliver the product that our fans deserve.

By issuing that statement however they have acknowledged there was a problem - and even admitted to it being on their end. Thus anyone who is being denied a refund need to ask Woking why and point to their own statement. 

Obviously it is not worth taking them to court over £12, but how they can defend not refunding anyone who asks for one is beyond me.

I emailed Inplayer again 30 minutes ago, and have now received a reply saying I am getting a refund.

So that is good news.

Woking need to get their act together.

Since at £12 they are charging more than any other National League club apart from Notts County, they should at least ensure they are providing a top quality product.

7 hours ago, oldskir said:

I emailed Inplayer again 30 minutes ago, and have now received a reply saying I am getting a refund.

So that is good news.

Woking need to get their act together.

Since at £12 they are charging more than any other National League club apart from Notts County, they should at least ensure they are providing a top quality product.

Can you give me an email address for inplayer. I don't know if I have been contacting the wrong people. Woking and the other people I have emailed keep referring me back to each other.