Great Stat on MotD 2

Watching MotD 2 highlights this morning, the Sheffield Unt v Fulham game was in full swing when the commentator casually mentioned that Sheff U are on a 7 match losing streak, he followed this info up by informing us that it is in fact not Chris Wilders worst run as he was in charge of FCHalifax Town back in 2004 when we had a 10 match losing run!!!! Thanks for that MotD, we finally get a mention on mainstream TV and thats the best Stat they could find? :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Unfortunately for Wilder i think Sheffield United are in big trouble this season. Had a good first season but there players really are not that good and they haven't strengthened. I can see them going down comfortably 

7 minutes ago, Greggs said:

Unfortunately for Wilder i think Sheffield United are in big trouble this season. Had a good first season but there players really are not that good and they haven't strengthened. I can see them going down comfortably 

Think you might be right Greggs!! Second season syndrome.

Thing is most of the teams who get promoted if they stick with mainly the same squad at first the premiership teams don't  know what to make of them and they do well till xmas. Then they get found out sometimes they have enough points by then to stay up.

The second season they've  been found out and generally  get relegated  by a comfortable  margin. 

29 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

Is Eddie Howe back at a club yet?

I reckon he will be pencilled in to replace Woy Hodgson at Palace. Howe is southern based and did not really do it at Burnley in his foray ' up norf'. Just my speculation. I think he is a bright young manager who worked wonders with a minimal budget. I know my Spurs fans wanted him in preference to ' the special one'.

• Like 1

A mate of mine has links to Wilder and big Al and all last season they were waiting to get found out. I think they have the fight and the nouse to work themselves out of this start.  They aren't your average Premier league failures. 

10 minutes ago, francisfirth said:

A mate of mine has links to Wilder and big Al and all last season they were waiting to get found out. I think they have the fight and the nouse to work themselves out of this start.  They aren't your average Premier league failures. 

I'm sure they do but unfortunately their squad is nowhere near good enough . They are low end Championship high end League One . They need to shop more wisely if they want to keep up to their ambitions

• Like 1