Yes, I think it will require a new account with each of the away club's. Interested in the Woking site in that when you go to pay it asks if you are home or away fan, as other sites, but pleasingly gives you a drop down box listing all of the clubs in the league to choose from. 

8 hours ago, ITMAN said:

Yes, I think it will require a new account with each of the away club's. Interested in the Woking site in that when you go to pay it asks if you are home or away fan, as other sites, but pleasingly gives you a drop down box listing all of the clubs in the league to choose from. 

Maybe they should get the streaming working and not worry about the drop down menus 

• Like 2
14 hours ago, Nick said:

Maybe they should get the streaming working and not worry about the drop down menus 

Nick, as with all things technical, they are multi-faceted. From the experience of using different clubs landing zones for registering for streaming, using the same platform (inPlayer), there are obviously some clubs who have made more of an effort than others to customise the data they collect of the users details. This is quite valuable when trying to determine who is registering, i.e. are you likely to be a one off purchaser or someone who the club might want to contact later to see if they user might want to upgrade to a 6 game pass etc. From what I have seen then the inPlayer front end appears to work well for me. This should be a one off issue, once sorted it should work for everyone.

The subject of the streaming in terms of the camera positions, the pixilation of the images, the freezing of the feed, are probably all due to technical issues within the stadium itself, or the transferring of the image data from the ground to and I would expect to be the responsibility of the club or their subcontractor for the camera systems. This can then be affected by a number of factors, are the cameras manned or using an electronic tracking solution, what is the light at the time of the game, what is the weather, how experienced are the operators. This will vary from game to game.

That leaves the issue of the connection between the ground and the inPlayer servers. This would then introduce whoever is responsible for the network infrastructure and managing the Quality of Service over the link. I would hope that any of the uplinks from the stadiums to the centralised inPlayer platform are being done over a managed service connection and not off of the back of the equivalent of a home broadband connection. This again if set up and tested properly should be stable after initial issues are resolved. 

I totally understand and agree with what you are saying 

but this was not wokings first home game streamed ..I accept there will be start up issues .. but they do need ironing out .. if you can’t trust the product you are buying then you stop buying it 

we as a club need every club to give ...sell a good product .. that way people get used to it and interest grows .. get a bad experience and interest drops .. I will buy ours just to support the club .. but will think twice about purchasing other clubs streaming service if that’s the quality... 

Woking after 3? Home games to should be doing a helluva lot better than that especially a 12 pounds a throw 

I won’t be asking for my money back but I have written a complaint to Woking 

clubs need our support .. but they need to provide a better product than woking did yesterday 

Edited by Nick
  • Like 1

Agreed, I think this is more a case of the difference between the full time professional clubs who are organised on a more commercial basis and those clubs in the NL league who are not quite operating at an EFL level yet.  

3 hours ago, Nick said:

but this was not wokings first home game streamed ..I accept there will be start up issues .. but they do need ironing out .. if you can’t trust the product you are buying then you stop buying it 

we as a club need every club to give ...sell a good product .. that way people get used to it and interest grows .. get a bad experience and interest drops .. I will buy ours just to support the club .. but will think twice about purchasing other clubs streaming service if that’s the quality... 

Woking after 3? Home games to should be doing a helluva lot better than that especially a 12 pounds a throw 

clubs need our support .. but they need to provide a better product than woking did yesterday 

Sorry but if they had been asking the same as us 9.99 I don´t think I would have bothered but at 12 quid I complained and got my money back. (but then being a tight Yorkshire git I probably would have complained.) 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Have to say ours has been the clearest of the lot, well done town.

Yes, picture perfect. I'm just streaming the home games from now on. Money to the club and no stressing about whether the picture quality will be dodgy. Really pleased the club has sorted this out. I'll be watching every game at home this season - literally! 

Edited by Che Bentos
4 hours ago, Nick said:

Agreed Nick!

1 minute ago, TommyH72 said:

Agreed Nick!

So far I've enjoyed the streaming of the games, apart from last Tuesdays home game where they didnt get me on line till the 53rd minute, i think its been pretty good really and I wasnt really a fan of the idea when it was first suggested. But we all know that streaming can have its issues, whether your watching youtube or a live band etc, there are still buffering issues across the board. So its not perfect but it really is a good option. I know clubs are wanting/needing to raise funds but I do think the fee should have been capped at £10, Stockports £7.50 was good value. Again though just one thing i noticed when watching the game yesterday:- Did anyone else note the amount of people sat in the stands?? Not just the players but what appeared to be Joe public. There were a lot directly behind the town dugout and quite a few behind the goal to left as we looked at the pitch.

3 hours ago, TommyH72 said:

So far I've enjoyed the streaming of the games, apart from last Tuesdays home game where they didnt get me on line till the 53rd minute, i think its been pretty good really and I wasnt really a fan of the idea when it was first suggested. But we all know that streaming can have its issues, whether your watching youtube or a live band etc, there are still buffering issues across the board. So its not perfect but it really is a good option. I know clubs are wanting/needing to raise funds but I do think the fee should have been capped at £10, Stockports £7.50 was good value. Again though just one thing i noticed when watching the game yesterday:- Did anyone else note the amount of people sat in the stands?? Not just the players but what appeared to be Joe public. There were a lot directly behind the town dugout and quite a few behind the goal to left as we looked at the pitch.

Tommy, were the ones behind the goal left over cardboard cutouts from the playoff game, like we have in the Skircoat Road stand now?

10 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

Tommy, were the ones behind the goal left over cardboard cutouts from the playoff game, like we have in the Skircoat Road stand now?

They appeared to be real people, there were some with Hi Viz on so could it be that these people, whoever they were, were being marshalled??

16 hours ago, TommyH72 said:

They appeared to be real people, there were some with Hi Viz on so could it be that these people, whoever they were, were being marshalled??

There could presumably be scouts from other clubs allowed to attend these games as part of their jobs.

Not sure what job Graham Alexander was doing sat in the stand at Deepdale at yesterdays game v Cardiff!

I wonder what solution is in place to prevent the automatic, motion-sensor camera panning to the opposite goalie at spot kicks when he's the only one moving whilst everyone else is stood still. Little improvements to the viewing quality such as having the score away from the Live icon and being able to go full screen would be lovely, but considering how quickly we've put this together, and hearing from the poor product from other clubs, I have to praise the media team for what they've done. Yeovil last week was well worth the money. 

• Like 2
On 10/17/2020 at 6:05 PM, Nick said:

Perhaps when setting it up they forgot to tick the box saying "do you require a watchable screen quality or are you happy with a pixelated disaster?"

• Like 1