Match Day Posted Programme

Hi, has anyone had a similar experience, I ordered my Yeovil £4.00 online programme on Saturday the 10 th  October, thinking it would arrive on Tuesday 13 October the match day of Yeovil ,  thinking its a cost of last seasons price of £3.00, so paying 1st class signed for delivery) yet yesterday Friday the 16th October I receive  an email to say it has been dispatched,could anyone who as purchased one previously say this is the normal waiting time for one to arrive.

thanks

I have received my copy of the Daggers game, approx. 4 days after the event. I paid for one expecting it not to be here in time, and it was more a supportive gesture to purchase one and the thought it was a one off program being the first game behind closed doors, so almost a souvenir. The quality was OK not as good as last season, and surprisingly it had no fixtures listed in it.

I ordered the Yeovil one out of blind faith, and confirmation yesterday that it had been dispatched, so will not probably get it until Mon/Tues next week.

With the club having their hands full on the streaming side and other match related work, I would have thought that now was the time for the Media team to learn a new skill and to take the copy they have provided for the printers and to distribute the program digitally. From what I can see this is not difficult to take the copy, as no doubt it will already be in a digital format to go to the printers and to convert using one of the Adode applications into a virtual brochure. This can then be included in the streaming pass costs, as BHW did and as Woking are doing. 

Edited by ITMAN
5 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

I have received my copy of the Daggers game, approx. 4 days after the event.

I bought two, and the one coming to Belgium arrived quicker than the one going to my mom's in Halifax. Royal Mail for the win! Haven't seen a Town programme in years and I was pleasantly surprised with  the quality, especially given the circumstances. Odd about the fixture list, I hadn't even noticed :)

2 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

I bought two, and the one coming to Belgium arrived quicker than the one going to my mom's in Halifax. Royal Mail for the win! Haven't seen a Town programme in years and I was pleasantly surprised with  the quality, especially given the circumstances. Odd about the fixture list, I hadn't even noticed :)

It will probably be in the next one as well as a league table. The fixtures and results pages are of interest as reference tools as it provides useful information such as attendance figures, in normal times. A few of the smaller clubs in lower leagues are knocking out a digital version, so it should not be too onerous a task or expensive to do but would save a lot on administration and effort to produce a printed version and to then have to mail it out. 

37 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

Question mate. Do you feel more emotionally invested in the shaymen this season, due to the fact that your essentially no different to us fans that live in Halifax. Just curious of those that live a considerable distance away feel more of a connection to the club this season?

21 minutes ago, shaymen down under said:

Question mate. Do you feel more emotionally invested in the shaymen this season, due to the fact that your essentially no different to us fans that live in Halifax. Just curious of those that live a considerable distance away feel more of a connection to the club this season?

Probably, being able to watch the games does help. But there's an underlying feeling that it still isn't the club I supported. The plastic crest, the change of name, the lack of fan involvement during the early years (and still now to an extent), and what was in many respects a wasted decade. It still grates that the old club was so casually discarded. I know not everyone agrees but that's how I feel and I don't think it'll change. If I get invested in this club to the same extent as the old one, I reckon I'll still see them as different clubs.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Granty said:

I’m still waiting for my programme from the Dagenham game!!

User error!! I managed to put the wrong address in!! I was contacted by the club within minutes of this message, error identified and new programme sent out to my correct address. Excellent customer service as always! 

• Like 2