5 hours ago, Gavlar said:

Easy to say we “are rinsing” fans. The Dagenham stream I believe gave you access for a month. For £9.99. Meaning you got the Barnet game as well.

I interpreted the £9.99 streaming fee allowing you 28 days to watch the game meant that you could watch it more than once.

However, after the game there was no window to access the game so presumably if you watched it once, then that was it.

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I bought my £12 pass for the Woking game on Thursday. The way I see it, this is far cheaper than what I would have to shell out if I had to travel from Yorkshire to Woking, then pay to get in to

I'm starting to get a bit irritated by all this talk of simply gifting money to Halifax Town and, even worse, opposition clubs. If people are feeling philanthropic then by all means give away every pe

Unlikely to win the league due to finances. We're only a couple of points off the play-offs during a tough opening few games and without our first-choice strikers. Our only defeat was down to a wonder

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, oldskir said:

I bought my £12 pass for the Woking game on Thursday.

The way I see it, this is far cheaper than what I would have to shell out if I had to travel from Yorkshire to Woking, then pay to get in to the ground. And it is much less time consuming. So I am quite content.

But I appreciate every Halifax fan will make their own call. At the end of the day, I just want to be able to watch my team play.

Thanks

7 hours ago, Gavlar said:

Rodney before joining us had scored 12 in 98 games. Look what happened there. Once fit I think Gold will be an asset. But I wouldn’t play him with Hyde. 

I'll never deny that in his first spell with us Rodney hit a career best purple  patch, his second spell not quite as productive and for the final few games he was completely disinterested. However, as you point out yourself his career stats are shocking and at present with Port Vale he's running at 1 in 5, lets see how that pans out. As for Omatayo, dont put your mortgage on him hitting the net any time soon, obviously I'll be delighted if he does but his stats tell me he wont and watching him in the 4 games so far I wont be putting any money on him scoring any time soon.

6 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

I'll never deny that in his first spell with us Rodney hit a career best purple  patch, his second spell not quite as productive and for the final few games he was completely disinterested. However, as you point out yourself his career stats are shocking and at present with Port Vale he's running at 1 in 5, lets see how that pans out. As for Omatayo, dont put your mortgage on him hitting the net any time soon, obviously I'll be delighted if he does but his stats tell me he wont and watching him in the 4 games so far I wont be putting any money on him scoring any time soon.

He will have to be somewhere in or around the oppositions goal area to score, apart from set pieces a rare sight.

9 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

I'll have what you're having if 5 in 8 isn't seen as productive. As for Vale, he's being played out wide (to surprisingly good effect seeing as it didn't really work there at Stockport) and they absolutely adore him

Anyone moaning about paying an extra £2 to watch town need to get a bloody grip. How embarrassing! :lol:

It’s a damn sight cheaper than what you would have to pay if you was actually able to get down to Woking so £12 isn’t bad at all. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Gavlar said:

Easy to say we “are rinsing” fans. The Dagenham stream I believe gave you access for a month. For £9.99. Meaning you got the Barnet game as well.

The Stockport game was £7:50 

The Boreham game was £9.99 and the worst stream, gave me headache. 

Woking is £12 

it’s all swings and roundabouts. If you don’t have a code and have to pay 9.99 for the game. It’s pretty simple. Don’t pay £9.99. I don’t get why folk are still popping on at the club over the stream fee etc. If we hadn’t of had the cameras fitted. Folk would of been moaning that we are “behind” other teams etc etc. Can’t win! 

The Dagenham stream gave you access to the game you paid for, for a month. This was for access to replays if you wanted to, not to additional games.

35 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Anyone moaning about paying an extra £2 to watch town need to get a bloody grip. How embarrassing! :lol:

It’s a damn sight cheaper than what you would have to pay if you was actually able to get down to Woking so £12 isn’t bad at all. 

And the £12 includes a program. I am currently paying FCHT £4 for a program which arrives around 4 days after the game. So while I am happy to do this and support the club financially, I think that an e-program would be better in the long run.

On 10/15/2020 at 4:02 PM, Greggs said:

Who do you suppose will score the goals? Can't see it happening until Hyde is back. 

Any 3 of Earing, Summerfield, Cappuccino (or whatever he’s called!) and one of the centre backs from a corner.

1 hour ago, TJAshton said:

It's not the actual £2, it's the principal.  nobody likes to be ripped off.  If others can do it for a tenner why can't this lot?  I originally hoped that the streaming charge would be set by NL HQ and that all clubs had to charge the same, no gimmicks of "price for a month" or "free Programme"

• Like 2
38 minutes ago, andrich said:

Any 3 of Earing, Summerfield, Cappuccino (or whatever he’s called!) and one of the centre backs from a corner.

Our corners are generally horrendous. Floated in with no pace. Need to 2 headers to score a goal from them 

2 hours ago, bazza45 said:

It's not the actual £2, it's the principal.  nobody likes to be ripped off.  If others can do it for a tenner why can't this lot?  I originally hoped that the streaming charge would be set by NL HQ and that all clubs had to charge the same, no gimmicks of "price for a month" or "free Programme"

Totally agree, it feels cheeky. A single pricing structure would be very welcome. I think the streaming figures I have seen so far have been disappointing. I think we should be doing more to encourage people to commit. 

3 hours ago, Greggs said:

Our corners are generally horrendous. Floated in with no pace. Need to 2 headers to score a goal from them 

They are at least getting into the danger area this season. I lost count of the number of corners REdshaw took that never cleared the first man.

1 hour ago, francisfirth said:

Totally agree, it feels cheeky. A single pricing structure would be very welcome. I think the streaming figures I have seen so far have been disappointing. I think we should be doing more to encourage people to commit. 

Francisfirth, ir should as you have pointed out been a directive from the NL to all clubs to charge a set price for streaming. It appears that the £10 mark is considered to be acceptable to the majority of fans.

But as with most decisions over the last 9 months the leadership from the top of the NL has left a lot to be desired.

I am quite prepared to pay £9.99 to stream a game but consider that paying over this price is just clubs exploiting taking advantage of fans wanting to see a live game. It is a great same that the NL leadership didn't impose a standard price but there you go the NL and leadership don't appear to go together.

I think Notts County are charging £12 also.

Clubs have flexibility to charge what they want for normal ground entrance, so why not for streaming?

Having said that £12 is a bit steep in the present circumstances.

I would suggest maybe a CAP of £11, with clubs like Dover and Stock[port free to charge lower prices than £10 as they do now.

6 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Good team. Not a problem having Maher in there he’s a class player. 

Good to see Omotayo dropped having not done anything to keep his place. Hopefully Hyde comes on and bags a goal