• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I bought my £12 pass for the Woking game on Thursday. The way I see it, this is far cheaper than what I would have to shell out if I had to travel from Yorkshire to Woking, then pay to get in to

I'm starting to get a bit irritated by all this talk of simply gifting money to Halifax Town and, even worse, opposition clubs. If people are feeling philanthropic then by all means give away every pe

Unlikely to win the league due to finances. We're only a couple of points off the play-offs during a tough opening few games and without our first-choice strikers. Our only defeat was down to a wonder

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Bill Atkins said:

You do not offend me by your observations but presumably I am allowed my own opinion without being told I live in la la land

So you think you have the right to insult me but I'm not allowed to return the favour? Apparently I'm not allowed to hold a different opinion than you without being open to abuse. So, you know, glass houses, etc. 

5 hours ago, Bill Atkins said:

can someone enlarge me on where supporters are being pressurised to make financial donations which they cannot afford.

All I have seen are suggestions on this forum from committed supporters exploring different money raising schemes which are not compulsory to join

I actually thought Woking approach of a three tiered streaming subscription was an excellent idea (No thumb screws involved)

Sadly Bill this is/has been the case. It's something I brought up going back at least a couple of months where I felt that certain contributors to these threads were making comments designed to try and get people to shell out their hard earned cash, they were phrasing it in ways that suggested that people weren't real Town fans if we didn't throw cash at the club willy nilly. Whereas nobody could force anyone to actually part with their money there were definite overtones. I made quite a song and dance about the season ticket scenario and took quite a lot of stick from certain quarters that did suggest I wasn't a true supporter If I wasn't prepared to buy my ticket even though at that time there was no product so to speak.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Fair comment Tommy if that is your honest appraisal of some of the messages on the forum. I must have missed them but do concur with you it is up to each individual to decide on their own what and when and how to make any financial contribution to the club

I have  decided not to claim my £100 season ticket rebate and will donate it to the club or supporters club whichever is most tax efficient 

My own decision no one has influenced me or co-Hearst me just doing my bit because I can afford to

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

Give that man a cigar....

I am a motorcyclist recently retired so have one, now pressed into use as face covering for weekly supermarket run. If you went into a shop in the past with a mask on the bobbies would get you, now if you go into a shop without a mask the bobbies will get you :huh: funny old world.

Just now, Roy Race said:

I am a motorcyclist recently retired so have one, now pressed into use as face covering for weekly supermarket run. If you went into a shop in the past with a mask on the bobbies would get you, now if you go into a shop without a mask the bobbies will get you :huh: funny old world.

Would a helmet count as a face mask? One of those that covers your whole head but has a visor.

There is one that was previously in the window of the strange antiques/bric a brac shop at Wellington Place in town.  At least it was a Spacemens helmet to me and my mates 40+ years ago.  It probably doubles as some form of welders helmet!  Its recently moved to the background of the 'shop' no doubt alongside the corpses of umpteen unsolved murder victims. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I support all efforts to get more money into our club, as every penny counts.

However, as I have stated before, peoples number one priority needs to be themselves and their family. If you are giving money away or buying things at/for the club ahead of paying bills, or putting food on the table then you are not being a good fan, you are being an idiot. 

If you have a secure income or adequate savings and can afford to donate or buy, then by all means consider doing so, but if you don't know where your next pay check is coming from or if you don't have a guarantee that your job is still going to be there in a month or so, with a family and bills to pay for, then you shouldn't be spending money here. No one should be feeling pressured or "less of a fan" for looking after themselves and their family first. 

There should be no pressure at all on anyone at any time. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1