4 hours ago, TJAshton said:

May I ask why? He didn’t really have to do anything today? 

Their keeper was very good I thought 

Didn't have a lot to do, but thought his distribution was a lot better as well. Didn't you not see his saves to keep us in the game today??? Oh and the double stop at Yeovil ????

You're quite right, their keeper was excellent today.

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I bought my £12 pass for the Woking game on Thursday. The way I see it, this is far cheaper than what I would have to shell out if I had to travel from Yorkshire to Woking, then pay to get in to

I'm starting to get a bit irritated by all this talk of simply gifting money to Halifax Town and, even worse, opposition clubs. If people are feeling philanthropic then by all means give away every pe

Unlikely to win the league due to finances. We're only a couple of points off the play-offs during a tough opening few games and without our first-choice strikers. Our only defeat was down to a wonder

Posted Images

Yes, the picture quality was poor at times, and sometimes it froze entirely, meaning we nearly missed a goal.

However, I did like that the camera was reasonably close to the play.

One grouse I did have with Tuesday's stream from the Shay was that at times it looked like a bird's eye view from the moon. That is, we felt to be too far from the play. This was particularly obvious at corners.

FFS. I've spent all evening thinking we won 1-0. Flashscores had us winning the Goddamn game! Logged in after midnight to see the match thread and now we never won? What???

F__k',s sake it's so depressing. For 7 hrs I'd thought we'd won.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3

I think today's game can be summed up in two words -frustration and patience.

Frustration with the quality of the streaming, which kept either stopping or pixelating. At times I was left fearing the worst in that it might freeze and when it came back we would either be a goal down or a goal up.

Frustration with the fact that we seem to be creating chances but not being able to convert them. This when coupled with the strength of our defending at present compared to last season makes this feel like we are drawing when we should be winning.

Frustration with some aspects of the play, such as wasted free kicks and a lack of variation at corners and free kicks. 

Patience because even though this feels like 2 points dropped rather than 1 point gained shows how much we have moved forward from last season. I now feel despondent that we have not won today, expectation levels are much higher. 

Patience because we are playing what are supposed to be some of the strongest teams in the league and yet, apart from top of the table Stockport, we are dominating teams and limiting the chances they have to score.  

Patience with the team,  as a whole, apart form the striker situation, as are beginning to see the team gel into a unit. We have a much stronger bench than last season which allows PW to make changes without effectively weakening the side.

Patience with the way PW's own team are playing and the style of play. It's been some time since we have seen a Town team trying to play the ball out from the back instead of the let's lump it down the field and see what happens. As was pointed out many times during the pre-season, there is now nowhere to hide for PW, these are players he has signed and this is now his team.

All in all, a frustrating afternoon. However, the signs we have seen so far suggest that it will click and we will move on in leaps and bounds. We now have a week to rest before the Cup game, our opponents will still have to play Tuesday night after losing 0-1 at home today, and whilst not taking the game for granted I would expect that we should, in our present form, be able to beat South Shields. I would hope that PW puts out his strongest team for the game, as a win is important for morale and confidence, especially if our forwards can bag a few goals in the process, and from a financial aspect, if we get to the 2nd Round proper, just 2 games, we stand to pocket £32,000.

So today for me was 2 points dropped, but it is onwards and upwards to the game against Notts County, who lost today and who have one of the most porous defences in the top half of the table.

47 minutes ago, Guido said:

Wouldn’t say we dominated Yeovil, we may of had the better chances but they definitely had the lions share of the game and mostly dictated it.

Maybe domination is a bit strong, as you can see I was frustrated when writing my post. Even against Yeovil, we held our own and with a better front 2 would probably have come away with a different result. That said what we do seem capable of is playing the so called stronger teams and not coming away with out tails between our legs, but looking at these games now from a different perspective, why did we not win rather than being happy with a point as seems to have been the case for a number of seasons.

• Like 1

I think we have been the best team every game tbh...if we had finished a few more of our chances we would of won all our games..we are creating so many chances it's great to see..we will come good very soon I think..dont near to fear any team in our league...plus the teams we have already played are all strong teams

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, Sparrow said:

I think we have been the best team every game tbh...if we had finished a few more of our chances we would of won all our games..we are creating so many chances it's great to see..we will come good very soon I think..dont near to fear any team in our league...plus the teams we have already played are all strong teams

We didn’t create many yesterday 

2 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

We didn’t create many yesterday 

We did create enough that on a better day we could have pinched all 3 points. There has been little mention of the incident that could have been given as a penalty. It would be interesting to see it back.

Secondly, and this is the same for all teams, the players have now had 2 games a week since the season started, and fitness is becoming a telling factor. Luckily, we now have a week off to regroup and recharge.

• Like 2

I have just received notification of full refund after complaining to iplayer, I did not have to send screen shot (mainly as I do not know how). Sorry for that to have to happen to a football club at this point but the steaming was diabolical.

16 hours ago, Hoddie said:

"Our goal scorers aren't playing"

"The opposition is strong and they'll be up there"

"We dominated but didn't score"

"We're creating chances"

etc. etc.

If 5 games of excuses isn't enough, how many will be? I'm sorry but you win things in football by scoring goals and winning games. This form is JF territory and we saw where that ended up.

We're in 9th place. Not doing terribly, really. 3 conceded in 5, 3 clean sheets and lost one and playing well in the games. Granted we have to start converting chances into goals but it's not panic stations.

1 hour ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

I have just received notification of full refund after complaining to iplayer, I did not have to send screen shot (mainly as I do not know how). Sorry for that to have to happen to a football club at this point but the steaming was diabolical.

You do reyt. Don't feel guilty for doing so. 

I wouldn't buy a pint and drink it if it stunk and tasted off, I'd take it back and demand another or my money back. You paid to receive a service that was sub standard and you're entitled to argue the toss with them. 

1 hour ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

the streaming was not good either !  ;)

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, TJAshton said:

Even though you could still see slight bits of play. The commentary would have told you we didn’t create many chances 

I thought first half we had enough to score..second half not so much...its just the way we are playing which is pleasing..we are going out every game passing and pressing well..just need the goals to come which will happen once hyde and Stenson are back fully fit...also the good thing is we look solid at the back

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, Sparrow said:

I thought first half we had enough to score..second half not so much...its just the way we are playing which is pleasing..we are going out every game passing and pressing well..just need the goals to come which will happen once hyde and Stenson are back fully fit...also the good thing is we look solid at the back

As per PW completely disagrees with you:PHe thought first we were poor and bollocked the team at half time second half he thought we improve.:lol:

More importantly it’s a huge improvement on last season. We are dominated games, keeping possession we just need to put chances away and having Hyde back is a huge boost. Be nice to get 3 points and thump a team 3/4-0 

8 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

More importantly it’s a huge improvement on last season. We are dominated games, keeping possession we just need to put chances away and having Hyde back is a huge boost. Be nice to get 3 points and thump a team 3/4-0 

we are waiting to do that against notts county

3 hours ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

I made a complaint but told to take it up with publisher, ??