32 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

I stopped watching after about an hour due to the poor quality of the stream, but I'm left wondering where are the goals going to come from? If we're relying on just two players who are still not match fit to rescue this season then we're in trouble. We need others to be chipping in goals and I just don't see it. Crosses into the box are very poor, and again players desperate to shepherd the ball out wide for a cross even when already in a decent central position with options available.

It could be a lot worse and we're so damn close to being a good side, but such fine margins are the difference between the playoffs and midtable.

So far this season we've made supposedly good sides look average, but the same could be said the other way around.

You always think Woking will be a tough side but today they were ordinary at best. Maybe that's credit to Town. 

I hope we see an improvement in results soon otherwise the season could already be drifting away from us. 

We’ve gone away against one of our “so called” bogie sides and come away with another clean sheet. And a point. Why panic? Two players to rescue our season??? We are 5 games into said season ffs

• Like 1
  • Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I bought my £12 pass for the Woking game on Thursday. The way I see it, this is far cheaper than what I would have to shell out if I had to travel from Yorkshire to Woking, then pay to get in to

I'm starting to get a bit irritated by all this talk of simply gifting money to Halifax Town and, even worse, opposition clubs. If people are feeling philanthropic then by all means give away every pe

Unlikely to win the league due to finances. We're only a couple of points off the play-offs during a tough opening few games and without our first-choice strikers. Our only defeat was down to a wonder

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

I stopped watching after about an hour due to the poor quality of the stream, but I'm left wondering where are the goals going to come from? If we're relying on just two players who are still not match fit to rescue this season then we're in trouble. We need others to be chipping in goals and I just don't see it. Crosses into the box are very poor, and again players desperate to shepherd the ball out wide for a cross even when already in a decent central position with options available.

It could be a lot worse and we're so damn close to being a good side, but such fine margins are the difference between the playoffs and midtable.

So far this season we've made supposedly good sides look average, but the same could be said the other way around.

You always think Woking will be a tough side but today they were ordinary at best. Maybe that's credit to Town. 

I hope we see an improvement in results soon otherwise the season could already be drifting away from us. 

Rescue this season?

1 hour ago, Greggs said:

How many games are we going to say "if we had a striker" 

Hopefully Hyde is fit to start when we come back. 6 points from 5 games is abit meh. 

Not when you look at who we’ve had to play with our 2 main strikers we got in the summer out injured.

A win against County and it’s a very solid foundation to build the season on. 

27 minutes ago, Skircoat Shed Archive said:

Unlikely to win the league due to finances. We're only a couple of points off the play-offs during a tough opening few games and without our first-choice strikers. Our only defeat was down to a wonder-goal at Stockport. We're doing OK.

Agree. We’ve looked dangerous most games and ‘could’ have won them all...thought Hyde should have scored with the header but he also looked like a CF, held the ball up week on occasions. Give him a few games and we will be good to go. Thought Allen was superb today...ran his arse off and caused them major issues. 

2 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

5 games in and that’s what he’s come to. :doh:

You can tell Hoddie hasn’t seen much National League football.

this team will get play offs minimum if they carry on they way they’ve started. Start converting some chances and have luck with injuries then I wouldn’t be that surprised if they won the league.

• Like 1

The defence against all expectations is sound, in fact must be one of the meanest in the division, not giving away goals is where you start. Goals for are in short supply but not just for just us, something to work on  for sure but partly the result of our two strikers being injured from the off.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

5 games in and that’s what he’s come to. :doh:

"Our goal scorers aren't playing"

"The opposition is strong and they'll be up there"

"We dominated but didn't score"

"We're creating chances"

etc. etc.

If 5 games of excuses isn't enough, how many will be? I'm sorry but you win things in football by scoring goals and winning games. This form is JF territory and we saw where that ended up.

6 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

"We're creating chances"

etc. etc.

If 5 games of excuses isn't enough, how many will be? I'm sorry but you win things in football by scoring goals and winning games. This form is JF territory and we saw where that ended up.

Form yes, they are JF results. Performance wise though they are night and day between the two. However it is a results business and we need to start scoring To have a chance of winning games.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Hoddie said:

Season drifting away after 5 games?!

Don't talk p!ssed up

26 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

"We're creating chances"

etc. etc.

https://youtu.be/GDVvUU5MT50

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Any team that achieves anything has always had a good defensive unit, this we seem to have achieved so all looks good, if you don’t concede you don’t lose, simple. To win we need to score, we are creating chances which is good, converting these chances has thus far seemed problematic, but a lot of football is about confidence, all it takes is one or two of our strikers to get a couple of goals and their confidence will rise, this you see happen in football on a regular basis with players getting in runs were everything they hit goes in. 

PW has had many problems to resolve and he seems to have sorted most, with one final one to resolve all be It an important one. I do think our midfield will chip in with their fair share of goals, but for a bit of luck and a few brilliant saves Summerfield could have 2/3 goals by now, and Earing showed in the first game that given the chance he can finish.

All in all we have had a solid start against some decent sides, we are not a million miles away, we’ve only played 5 games and there’s a long long way to go. Let’s have some faith our glass is definitely half full.

• Like 3
35 minutes ago, Alright Andy said:

Who did you contact? Inplayer fobbed me off and said I had to contact woking themselves.  No response yet

I contacted Inplayer. They responddd straight away. Then asked for a screenshot so I sent one then it went to someone higher up. Just had an email confirming my refund has been accepted 

Edited by TJAshton
14 minutes ago, Ash said:

Under Fullerton I was bored, the play was awful and I didn’t want to watch us.

I’ve really enjoyed watching us so far this season and if we’d have got these results against the 5 teams tipped for relegation I’d be concerned. As it happens our first 6 games are against 5 of the favourites for the league and Woking who were 4th before today.

I agree with you there Ash. 

• Like 1

Woking fans complaining about streaming as well although a few have the impression we haven't got good enough wifi up north.

It was poor and I understand Tuesdays game was as bad. Some of their fans also think the problem  is the quality of the  clubs Wifi.

Like us the service is being done by volunteers so they can keep  my £12. 

18 minutes ago, hunsworthhound said:

Woking fans complaining about streaming as well although a few have the impression we haven't got good enough wifi up north.

It was poor and I understand Tuesdays game was as bad. Some of their fans also think the problem  is the quality of the  clubs Wifi.

Like us the service is being done by volunteers so they can keep  my £12. 

My Tuesday experience from the Shay was fine, a million times better than today’s stream

• Like 1