• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

West would be plausible but East Shields might have drainage problems

‘We’re Geordies, divven’t ya knaw.’  

wai aye man

Posted Images

Our tie has banana skin written all over it but I think we will win because I'm sticking with my prediction that we will get to the 3rd round for the first time in my adult life and draw a footballing giant only for this virus to scupper any chance of having a grand day out whether at the Shay, Anfield, Old Trafford, Arsenal. 

• Like 3
52 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

What do the streaming cameras do during a penalty shootout ?

Show you a view of the car park, with all those who have left early to beat the crowds:D

The "highlights" of South Shields 0-0 draw on Tuesday night are on YouTube. I think they will be more tired then our players after a local derby. Let's hope out professional fitness levels make a difference.

1 hour ago, ITMAN said:

The "highlights" of South Shields 0-0 draw on Tuesday night are on YouTube. I think they will be more tired then our players after a local derby. Let's hope out professional fitness levels make a difference.

South Shields themselves operate the same full-time hybrid model that we did prior to this season though so I'm not sure us being full-time nowadays will make too much of a difference against them

47 minutes ago, Lewis said:

South Shields themselves operate the same full-time hybrid model that we did prior to this season though so I'm not sure us being full-time nowadays will make too much of a difference against them

Hopefully, our now "full time, full time" model is better than their "hybrid model". The evidence so far seems to suggest it is an improvement for us.

30 minutes ago, bazza45 said:

I remember going up north for a cup-tie back in about 1966 ish.  Was it Bishop Auckland?  0-0 up there then we thrashed them 7-0 at the Shay.  The only time I ever saw the Shaymen score 7

14000 at home game..heady days.

8 hours ago, bazza45 said:

I remember going up north for a cup-tie back in about 1966 ish.  Was it Bishop Auckland?  0-0 up there then we thrashed them 7-0 at the Shay.  The only time I ever saw the Shaymen score 7

I still remember that game vividly as a 10 year old stood at the Bus shed End. Back then Bishop Auckland were a very famous team, having won the FA Amateur Cup on a number of occasions. But even so the score was a wonder to behold.

8 hours ago, ITMAN said:

I still remember that game vividly as a 10 year old stood at the Bus shed End. Back then Bishop Auckland were a very famous team, having won the FA Amateur Cup on a number of occasions. But even so the score was a wonder to behold.

I went to the game at Bishop Auckland on a freezing day, the pitch was snow covered, the ground had a large greenhouse behind one goal and a cricket pitch halfway down one side, one town player ( could have been Jeff Lee) kept kicking the ball as far as he could into deep snow on the cricket pitch to waste time.

I missed a good 25-30 minutes of the replay queueing to get in and still saw ever goal. My memory is not what it was but I seem to recall Archie Taylor scoring what was probably his only headed goal for town.

14 hours ago, ITMAN said:

You must be about the same age as me! It was my first season watching Town. We drew at home to Donny Rovers in the 1st round in my first ever game, and won the replay away. Then it was 0-0 at BIshop Auckland followed by that 7-0 win in the replay. I seem to recall that we scored 5 goals in 13 minutes. Lost at home to Birmingham City in the 3rd round. They were in the old 1st division at the time.

Its odd how we remember our early games, but I have no idea about last seasons games!

• Haha 1
58 minutes ago, andrich said:

You must be about the same age as me! It was my first season watching Town. We drew at home to Donny Rovers in the 1st round in my first ever game, and won the replay away. Then it was 0-0 at BIshop Auckland followed by that 7-0 win in the replay. I seem to recall that we scored 5 goals in 13 minutes. Lost at home to Birmingham City in the 3rd round. They were in the old 1st division at the time.

Its odd how we remember our early games, but I have no idea about last seasons games!

I remember most of it now my memory has been jogged, was Trevor Hockey playing for Brum in that match.