Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

West would be plausible but East Shields might have drainage problems

‘We’re Geordies, divven’t ya knaw.’  

wai aye man

Posted Images

55 minutes ago, monk said:

It's an attractive tie on paper equivalent to a league one club being drawn at home to Premier League club which would be televised .

Those who did the draw were asked about any stand out games , there must be an unwritten rule to never mention us unless absolutely necessary .

Skelmersdale v Stafford is a stand out game amongst others according to Adam Virgo.

Virgo. The man who described Kingy’s worldy at Dover as kick and hope. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, ashy1966 said:

Josh Gillies & Jason Gilcrist on there books. Decent squad won't be easy. 

Think they ‘won the league’ last season but the league was wiped. It was them who appealed I think?

2 hours ago, Lewis said:

Played*. Believe he plays for Hayes & Yeading now

He is playing a more central midfield role for Hayes . I saw him play for them at Poole Town . He has just about found his level.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, mj85 said:

Think they ‘won the league’ last season but the league was wiped. It was them who appealed I think?

Correct, they appealed and went to the HIgh Court I think, were they lost.

Whether it will help us is the fact that we have a weeks rest between the Woking game and the Cup match, whereas South Shields have a game at home on Tuesday night. At least PW can go and take a look a them in action. 

23 hours ago, monk said:

We lost to North Shields in the cup many moons ago so it doesn't bode well and that was at home , on a positive note Odelusi plays for them .

Thank God there's no West or East Shields then.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
11 hours ago, kit said:

Thank God there's no West or East Shields then.

Well I assume there is a West and East Shields just like there is a North , South , East and West Pellon so they can divide the amount of Coronavirus cases so it comes across as less embarrassing.

Yours Craig Whittaker.

Edited by monk
  • Like 2

Interesting topic on Ollie Bayliss's Twitter feed regarding a team drawn to play away at a Merseyside team in the FA Cup but who are not going to play the game as they should not be travelling to a Tier 3 venue. Doe's this mean they will have to forfeit the game?

What would happen if South Shields was moved in Tier 3 before the cup game, would we still travel to play, or would we have to not turn up and the game be awarded to the home side?

5 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

Interesting topic on Ollie Bayliss's Twitter feed regarding a team drawn to play away at a Merseyside team in the FA Cup but who are not going to play the game as they should not be travelling to a Tier 3 venue. Doe's this mean they will have to forfeit the game?

What would happen if South Shields was moved in Tier 3 before the cup game, would we still travel to play, or would we have to not turn up and the game be awarded to the home side?

Elite clubs are exempt from movement restrictions. Or at least they were before the new tier system.

21 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

Elite clubs are exempt from movement restrictions. Or at least they were before the new tier system.

I suppose the question is how would affect South Shields as they are not Elite?

For those who might want to stream the Cup game, if this is allowed, South Shields have been streaming their home league games at the exorbitant price of £5. Bloody cheek if you ask me, it should be free to elite teams supporters.:D

• Like 2
19 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Their crowd was capped at 300 with only 60 or 70 per cent of season ticket holders allowed to attend and no non season ticket holders allowed

But how many tiers does their stadium have?

On 10/18/2020 at 1:20 AM, ITMAN said:

For those who might want to stream the Cup game, if this is allowed, South Shields have been streaming their home league games at the exorbitant price of £5. Bloody cheek if you ask me, it should be free to elite teams supporters.:D

watch that price go up!!

On 10/17/2020 at 12:40 PM, ITMAN said:

Interesting topic on Ollie Bayliss's Twitter feed regarding a team drawn to play away at a Merseyside team in the FA Cup 

Trophy. Cleethorpes at City of Liverpool.