Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

West would be plausible but East Shields might have drainage problems

‘We’re Geordies, divven’t ya knaw.’  

wai aye man

Posted Images

58 minutes ago, fcht321 said:

It's the 3rd qualifying round tonight, Is the 4th qualifying round draw tomorrow?

Would be frustrating for us to get to the 3rd round this year and get United or Liverpool in an empty ground.

Just our luck 

1 hour ago, fcht321 said:

It's the 3rd qualifying round tonight, Is the 4th qualifying round draw tomorrow?

Would be frustrating for us to get to the 3rd round this year and get United or Liverpool in an empty ground.

The draws are usually on the Monday following the previous round, so would expect it to be 19/10.

I was just looking at this yesterday because it only gives less than a week to sort out the games, as the 4th Qualifying Round is scheduled for the 24th October.

2 hours ago, fcht321 said:

Think of the global streaming figures.  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ITMAN said:

The draws are usually on the Monday following the previous round, so would expect it to be 19/10.

I was just looking at this yesterday because it only gives less than a week to sort out the games, as the 4th Qualifying Round is scheduled for the 24th October.

Draws have been on Fridays this season depending on which round.

1st qualifying was played midweek followed by a Friday draw

2nd qualifying was played weekend followed by a Monday draw 

3rd qualifying tonight/tomorrow so I expect a Friday draw for the 4th qualifying 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A home draw so we can watch it , draw a lower league club away and streaming facilities might not be available .

Altrincham v Solihull is off tonight and Saturdays game with Bromley as Alty players test positive for Covid .

Going to be a struggle for some clubs if this starts happening regularly.

2 hours ago, monk said:

A home draw so we can watch it , draw a lower league club away and streaming facilities might not be available .

Altrincham v Solihull is off tonight and Saturdays game with Bromley as Alty players test positive for Covid .

Going to be a struggle for some clubs if this starts happening regularly.

It can just be rearrange later in the season like it would be for say a frozen pitch

2 minutes ago, Ash said:

It can just be rearrange later in the season like it would be for say a frozen pitch

Still a nightmare for the fixture secretary, if they have to cope with CV-19 cancellations on top of games called off due to weather being bad. It must eat into any spare slots they have when games get cancelled when the pitches are playable.

3 minutes ago, shaycrazy said:

Am I right in thinking that if a match is called off because of covid, the Club involved forfeit the tie.

Seems to be the rule in the cup with no flexibility to change the date . This will doubtlessly change when the big clubs get involved

• Like 2

Am I right in thinking that this season there will be no replays, all games will be played out on the night with penalties if needed?? And also, no VAR in any of the games as it is unfair to have some games with VAR and some without??

1 hour ago, Ash said:

Let's hope for a mild winter as it looks likely that Covid will cause more cancellations than the weather .

11 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

think they did in a cup game.

Orient v Spurs , league cup I think .

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Seems to be the rule in the cup with no flexibility to change the date . This will doubtlessly change when the big clubs get involved

Am I the only one that thinks this is really harsh under the circumstances? I know there's a need to keep things approximately to schedule but it's clearly not going to be a one-off. How would they decide it if both clubs had issues - first to announce a positive case, number of players testing positive, number of masks available in the club shop... :blink:

15 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

If one player puts the club into isolation, that would result in a postponement

This is not the case higher up the pyramid. If players test positive in the premier league or championship. The individual/s isolate and the rest just crack on. 

I guess they have bigger squads to manage but I cant help wondering if there is some fibbing going on at clubs to conceal who's been in contact with who.

5 minutes ago, Shayman Matt said:

Am I the only one that thinks this is really harsh under the circumstances? I know there's a need to keep things approximately to schedule but it's clearly not going to be a one-off. How would they decide it if both clubs had issues - first to announce a positive case, number of players testing positive, number of masks available in the club shop... :blink:

Also have the issue of an unplayable pitch . Does only the home team get penalised ? Maybe best not notifying positive CV19 test results until after you've played the game :lol:

Just now, Greggs said:

This is not the case higher up the pyramid. If players test positive in the premier league or championship. The individual/s isolate and the rest just crack on. 

I guess they have bigger squads to manage but I cant help wondering if there is some fibbing going on at clubs to conceal who's been in contact with who.

I'm assured that Premier League players have very sheltered existences 

45 minutes ago, Greggs said:

Sure I read somewhere that the next round draw is on Thursday at 1pm on talksport.. 

If that is the actual scheduled time for the draw then its worth tuning into Talksport around 4pm as they will probably have finished fannying about by then and be holding the draw. 

They normally do the FA Trophy draws and manage to turn every single one of them into a farce by delaying them as long as possible for no viable reason. 

Edited by Flea