Today’s Game Town v Yeovil

Definitely 2 points dropped that. Should have been 3 up at half time. Woods should have doubled the lead pretty much straight after the opener and Omatayo took far too long on that rebound. 

Overall, a solid performance but we got what we deserved. You don’t take your chances, you don’t win games. Yeovil will probably feel they could have knicked it too but the game should have been dead and buried at half time. We desperately need Hyde and Stenson back 

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Solid point. Yeovil better on the ball but we created far more chances on the counter. Poor goal to give away but a draw a fair result. My first streaming match, and although not as good as being

I'd say watching on my monitor that Yeovil did indeed dominate possession but we had the best chances to win the match. 

Oh this gets on my bloody bits. A public radio station in Somerset has the resources to send someone halfway across the country up to commentate on the game but our local public radio station doesn't?

Enjoyable game. I remember last year they bullied us and were miles better than us. I think we were slightly better today but draw a fair result. Need to take our chances! 

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Greggs said:

Everyone keeps talking about the hard games and doing well. The next 2 are against Woking away who are 6th.. (fact we are away probably a defeat) and Notts who are 3rd. 

It isnt getting any easier. 

Fortune favours the Brave

Edited by ITMAN
5 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Certainly had three open goals that we dallied too long with but our defending was too deep and they had too much possession

Only form of defence is attack, just like Harrogate did yesterday. Never gave Bradford any time on the ball, very impressed.

For me the difference was again that we can create chances but we have no one capable of putting them away on a consistent basis. With a decent strike force we would be easily on top of the table now. 

• Like 2
Just now, ITMAN said:

For me the difference was again that we can create chances but we have no one capable of putting them away on a consistent basis. With a decent strike force we would be easily on top of the table now. 

We may have that decent strike force playing in a couple of games 

think we are relying a little too much on waiting for the appearance of our 2 original strikers who have been unable to play as yet. There are other good players in our squad who could well fill the void in the mean time. I can think of a few who have converted from defence into attack. One who springs to mind at our level was Simon Ainge. What about a current player who has the ability? Nail Maher? Sat on the bench tonight, has a good turn of pace & can shoot.

Waiting for the abuse :unsure:  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
17 minutes ago, Macam blue said:

think we are relying a little too much on waiting for the appearance of our 2 original strikers who have been unable to play as yet. There are other good players in our squad who could well fill the void in the mean time. I can think of a few who have converted from defence into attack. One who springs to mind at our level was Simon Ainge. What about a current player who has the ability? Nail Maher? Sat on the bench tonight, has a good turn of pace & can shoot.

Waiting for the abuse :unsure:  

At least Maher would show some aggression something we are missing up front. Allen played well tonight with little support until Nepomenceno came on, as a pairing they seemed to compliment each other. Hope Hyde & Stenson are as good as some people think as all we have seen up to press are an injury prone duo.

Last season Yeovil destroyed us both home and away. I think we lost 2-0 at The Shay but they absolutely battered us. As in we were simply not at the races at all.

The away game was even worse, as they were down to ten men after ten mins and again beat us. 

If we are comparing it to last season its a point gained. 

Thought we played pretty well tonight. We had 5/6 proper chances and on another night could have scored plenty. If Hyde and Stenson are half as good as some are saying they must be  itching to play with the chances we are creating. Terrible piece of goalkeeping from Sam for their goal, he should have cleaned the lot out getting to that.

That’s 3 points dropped in 4 games for me, hope we don’t regret it further down the line........

Have to say though it’s much better than what was on offer last year 

4 minutes ago, LeedsShaymen said:

Thought we played pretty well tonight. We had 5/6 proper chances and on another night could have scored plenty. If Hyde and Stenson are half as good as some are saying they must be  itching to play with the chances we are creating. Terrible piece of goalkeeping from Sam for their goal, he should have cleaned the lot out getting to that.

That’s 3 points dropped in 4 games for me, hope we don’t regret it further down the line........

Have to say though it’s much better than what was on offer last year 

While I agree that we look a lot better than last season so far. The crazy thing is we are in position lower than we were at any time last season. Think we dropped no worse than 10th all season. Think Cameron King in this side with Summerfield would have been very tasty indeed.

Just now, TJAshton said:

Yeah it looks as though Gold Omotayo is just another Sho Silva. AT THE MOMENT 

Good thing is last year we only had him till Rodney came in. 

This year (hopefully on Saturday) One of our first choice will be back.

Well just watched the Yeovil managers interview and he claims they dominated the game and the ball and dominated the chances and noone could have said they didn't deserve to win the game. 

Results aside, I can honestly say I sit here now expecting to win, or not lose, compared to last season, admittedly Xmas onwards, where I was never confident we would see a game out, apart from beating Maidenhead 5-2.

Against the teams we have played we have either improved on last season result or bettered it, so on paper we are in a better position.

My only gripe is the lack of a striker to put away the chances we are creating.

Last but not least, Jeff King is the most improved player from last seasons squad.

6 minutes ago, Greggs said:

Well just watched the Yeovil managers interview and he claims they dominated the game and the ball and dominated the chances and noone could have said they didn't deserve to win the game. 

Dominated the ball yes, but gilt edged chances.. we definitely had more than they did.

1 minute ago, ITMAN said:

Results aside, I can honestly say I sit here now expecting to win, or not lose, compared to last season, admittedly Xmas onwards, where I was never confident we would see a game out, apart from beating Maidenhead 5-2.

Against the teams we have played we have either improved on last season result or bettered it, so on paper we are in a better position.

My only gripe is the lack of a striker to put away the chances we are creating.

Last but not least, Jeff King is the most improved player from last seasons squad.

Well it terms of seeing off a game. We have lost leads in 2 out of the 3 games we have been ahead in. 

• Like 1

At the moment probably one of the best ways to measure how the team is doing it to compare it like for like with last season. 

Last season we beat Dagenham at home, matched it this year (Although we won by an extra goal this season)

Last season we got smashed 5-1 away at Stockport. Again we lost this year, although only 2-1. 

So point wise we are on a par with last year off those two games, with a better goals difference.

Yeovil last year was a 2-0 defeat, this year its a 1-1 draw, so thats 1 point gained off the respective like for like fixtures. 

We didn't play at Boreham in the League, just the playoff, so we can't really compare those results, however a draw against them considering they did beat us in the playoff shows an improvement. 

The first 6 games for us this season are, to be blunt, horrific. Before a ball was kicked you would probably only have said Woking was an "easy" game out of the lot - and they have started the season very well and seem to be a bit of a bogey side for us anyway. 

I've said for a few years now that I think the general standard of football at this level is pretty crap. We just need to be less crap than most. There hasn't been a stand out team that has played great football for a prolonged period for years at National level. 

The midfield this season does appear to have a bit more about it, as last season it was simply MIA for most games with too many ineffective players doing the same, or doing very little. We seem to have gone from our best player being one that could only last an hour, to a team that is a stronger sum of its parts. 

I hope Hyde lives up to the hype. If we have a 20+ striker in this squad then I think we will be pushing around the playoffs at the end of the season, simply because we don't need to be a great team, we just don't need to be utter crap. There are some awful sides in this divisions, where being bang ordinary will be more than enough. There is nothing for me to think we are utter crap or bang ordinary so I expect us to be closer to the top than the bottom. 

27 minutes ago, jimmy neighbour said:

we will be ok once we start hitting the net

Yes, it is fine margins but if we had put away the gilt edge chances we had in the Stockport game, BHW and tonight we should in all probability have another 5 points on the board. (draw at Stockport and win at BHW and win tonight). It only needed one goal in each game.

This would have put us at least 2nd in the table instead of 11th

7 hours ago, TJAshton said:

Can we just all appreciate how good Jeff king is this season. He’s immense.  

Was this good in the same position last season as well. Glad to see others are finally realising how good he is :D