Today’s Game Town v Yeovil

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Solid point. Yeovil better on the ball but we created far more chances on the counter. Poor goal to give away but a draw a fair result. My first streaming match, and although not as good as being

I'd say watching on my monitor that Yeovil did indeed dominate possession but we had the best chances to win the match. 

Oh this gets on my bloody bits. A public radio station in Somerset has the resources to send someone halfway across the country up to commentate on the game but our local public radio station doesn't?

Just now, Hoddie said:

I haven't changed my opinion since I last posted in the thread. I think defence could be better, trying to contain Yeovil far too deep. Don't think much of Yeovil, they offer almost nothing in midfield and they're struggling to deal with King. The points are there for the taking.

Yet again criticising the opposition rather than any praise for us, pathetic. 

Just now, Hoddie said:

I haven't changed my opinion since I last posted in the thread. I think defence could be better, trying to contain Yeovil far too deep. Don't think much of Yeovil, they offer almost nothing in midfield and they're struggling to deal with King. The points are there for the taking.

We have completely stifled their high press, by defending deep, then played through them and scored on the break. Tactics spot on. Better finishing and we are out of sight. 

PW has done his homework on Yeovil, thank god he is our manager, not you.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

Yet again criticising the opposition rather than any praise for us, pathetic. 

How about you stop fixating on my opinion? I gave plenty of praise in a previous post, but I'm not going to pretend we're heading for the play-offs when I don't think that's true based on what I've seen. Let's get some points in the bag, that's what matters. I couldn't give a toss if we play like Spennymoor United so long as we win. If we don't win then I'll be as critical as I like.

2 minutes ago, Shayite 432 said:

We have completely stifled their high press, by defending deep, then played through them and scored on the break. Tactics spot on. Better finishing and we are out of sight. 

PW has done his homework on Yeovil, thank god he is our manager, not you.

You could be right, defending deep certainly looks like the game plan. But it's incredibly dangerous as you well know. Plaudits if it comes off, criticism if it doesn't. Not sure playing counter-attack is a valid tactic at home against a team that hasn't won yet, especially against a defence that looks as poor as Yeovil's has.

13 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

Would agree that our backline is too deep. Means there’s soooo much space in midfield and means they can easily pass it round Woods and Summerfield