Today’s Game Town v Yeovil

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Solid point. Yeovil better on the ball but we created far more chances on the counter. Poor goal to give away but a draw a fair result. My first streaming match, and although not as good as being

I'd say watching on my monitor that Yeovil did indeed dominate possession but we had the best chances to win the match. 

Oh this gets on my bloody bits. A public radio station in Somerset has the resources to send someone halfway across the country up to commentate on the game but our local public radio station doesn't?

1 minute ago, Wilder Bollox said:

I can't see us allowing someone to cover the games thus diluting our streaming market

From my understanding it is difficult for away sides to get access to grounds to do media work. We didn't have anyone at Boreham to my knowledge. I think the general trend seems to be that the home club runs everything. 

2 minutes ago, Flea said:

From my understanding it is difficult for away sides to get access to grounds to do media work. We didn't have anyone at Boreham to my knowledge. I think the general trend seems to be that the home club runs everything. 

Which when you're trying desperately to sell a streaming package , would appear to be an acceptable approach . I guess some clubs might try doing commentary from watching the stream but that could be a bit comedic

9 minutes ago, Flea said:

When was the last time we had a comms at Boreham Wood.

3 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

When was the last time we had a comms at Boreham Wood.

No idea tbf, as I don't normally use any of the media services due to being at the game myself. 

Our media team have been at Boreham for every game bar the one at the weekend and the playoffs however, as far as I know. I know the first time we played at Boreham there was an incident where the club were trying to get a payment out of one or some of the team for entry to the ground (The same also happened at Braintree). 

Edited by Flea
6 hours ago, olitheshayman said:

All the prog rock Town fans will be hoping that we start Gold and Earing. Apart from that, I have no suggestion on the starting line-up.

Even with the injuries I hope we can get a win. We certainly haven't been outclassed so far, we've created good chances in every game and inspired the saves of the week. We do not seem to be defensively frail- keeping a clean sheet at Borehamwood is a very good sign considering what we've seen at their place over previous seasons. 

You've got to much time on your hands Olitheshayman.

34 minutes ago, Flea said:

Our media team have been at Boreham for every game bar the one at the weekend and the playoffs however, as far as I know.

Can tell you for a fact that this isn't true

12 minutes ago, Lewis said:

Can tell you for a fact that this isn't true

Fair enough, I wasn't 100% on the PO, but assumed as it was being shown live on BT and under covid they didn't travel. 

Can’t understand why Earing has been dropped unless it’s fitness related. On Saturday he was our most creative player and the only one who looked positive and like creating something. 
Really not a fan of Omotayo so far either, reminds me too much of Denton.

I hope Wild lets his hair down a bit and tells the lads to go at them instead of parking bus for 90 like Saturday against a below par Boreham Wood side.

• Like 1

Maybe it's a side that reflects the saturday / Tuesday turnaround of games at the moment. 

He said he expected them to be physical so maybe he's gone for bigger lads. Harsh to judge until 9.40 later this evening and I hope he's got it right. 

• Like 1

When it comes to streaming. The email I recieved gave me a code to sign up with as well as a link to the iplayer. Can I just input the code I recieved into the voucher code bit on the purchase bit on a game by game or do I have to put it in once and then it's there permanent. I dont want to waste the code. 

7 minutes ago, Che Bentos said:

Well done to the club for getting their streaming service up and running! Great picture and sound down at Bentos Towers in sunny Salterhebble! 

Anyone else having to watch it with binoculars due to how far camera is away?

• Like 2