Today’s Game Town v Yeovil

6 hours ago, Greggs said:

Well just watched the Yeovil managers interview and he claims they dominated the game and the ball and dominated the chances and noone could have said they didn't deserve to win the game. 

I’ll have a pint of whatever he’s been drinking 

• Like 1
  • Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Solid point. Yeovil better on the ball but we created far more chances on the counter. Poor goal to give away but a draw a fair result. My first streaming match, and although not as good as being

I'd say watching on my monitor that Yeovil did indeed dominate possession but we had the best chances to win the match. 

Oh this gets on my bloody bits. A public radio station in Somerset has the resources to send someone halfway across the country up to commentate on the game but our local public radio station doesn't?

7 hours ago, ITMAN said:

For me the difference was again that we can create chances but we have no one capable of putting them away on a consistent basis. With a decent strike force we would be easily on top of the table now. 

Rather we are creatimg chances than nothing at all as there is hope it willall clock eventually 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Greggs said:

Well just watched the Yeovil managers interview and he claims they dominated the game and the ball and dominated the chances and noone could have said they didn't deserve to win the game. 

To be fair he has been under pressure lately so has to big up their performance. I thought they were the better team playing football but we had the better chances overall. Other than the Charlie lee chance i cant remember Sam Johnson having a save to make where as we had woods miss a sitter, king and gold should have scored their chance, earing had a great chance, keeper saved the free kick. On another day (yet again) we win that 3 or 4-1. Its nice that we are actually creating chances but we do have to be more clinical. We go again Saturday. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

To be fair he has been under pressure lately so has to big up their performance. I thought they were the better team playing football but we had the better chances overall. Other than the Charlie lee chance i cant remember Sam Johnson having a save to make where as we had woods miss a sitter, king and gold should have scored their chance, earing had a great chance, keeper saved the free kick. On another day (yet again) we win that 3 or 4-1. Its nice that we are actually creating chances but we do have to be more clinical. We go again Saturday. 

Someone is going to get a beating soon you can see it coming, hopefully when that happens the team can thrive on the confidence gained from a big win

• Like 1

Maybe it was the distance between the camera and the pitch that made the players look lost on the vast, green canvas, or maybe the lack of atmosphere, but we did seem frequently pedestrian when in possession. It almost feels as if our first instinct is to slow the game down. The only fluency seemed to occur when Jamie Allen or Jeff King were on the ball. We played like an away team, with players often isolated in possession, and it seemed to take ages for us to construct a flowing move, even when there seemed so much open space in which to play. There was a lack of zip, too, to some of the passing. A curate’s egg of a performance, oddly lacking in assertion.

13 minutes ago, themanwhowasntthere said:

Maybe it was the distance between the camera and the pitch that made the players look lost on the vast, green canvas, or maybe the lack of atmosphere, but we did seem frequently pedestrian when in possession. It almost feels as if our first instinct is to slow the game down. The only fluency seemed to occur when Jamie Allen or Jeff King were on the ball. We played like an away team, with players often isolated in possession, and it seemed to take ages for us to construct a flowing move, even when there seemed so much open space in which to play. There was a lack of zip, too, to some of the passing. A curate’s egg of a performance, oddly lacking in assertion.

Yet we still had all the best chances and the most chances. Amount of possession is irrelevant, its what you do with it that matters. At half time i would say they had double the amount of possession we had but we should have been at least 2-0 up. We just need to be more clinical. 

• Like 1

I thought that it was generally a good performance. We did sit back too deep but we have done that for many years.

I thought that Jeff King was immense in the first half and did brilliantly to avoid a yellow card especially after clattering one of their players very early on. That was as good a performance from a Town player for 45 minutes as I have seen for many years. However, I didn`t have him as my MOM because he drifted a little bit in the 2nd half. I thought Summerfield was good. How nice to have a midfielder who breaks up play and actually passes it to a blue shirt. Clarke, Byrne and Bradbury were all solid.

But my MOM, and there will be dissenters, was JACK SENIOR. Slightly shaky in first few minutes (as anybody would be making their home debut at the REAL theatre of dreams) but he just went from strength to strength and as a result of this performance, Danny Williams is going to struggle to get into this team.

I backed us to get promoted at the start of the season and I`m going to reinforce that bet after seeing us play 4 games against tough opposition. If Hyde and Stenson are as good as we believe them to be, we are going to have a good season. They will help us defend from the front (unlike Gold who was absolute *****) and that should assist with our propensity to sit too deep.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, arryarry said:

I thought that it was generally a good performance. We did sit back too deep but we have done that for many years.

I thought that Jeff King was immense in the first half and did brilliantly to avoid a yellow card especially after clattering one of their players very early on. That was as good a performance from a Town player for 45 minutes as I have seen for many years. However, I didn`t have him as my MOM because he drifted a little bit in the 2nd half. I thought Summerfield was good. How nice to have a midfielder who breaks up play and actually passes it to a blue shirt. Clarke, Byrne and Bradbury were all solid.

But my MOM, and there will be dissenters, was JACK SENIOR. Slightly shaky in first few minutes (as anybody would be making their home debut at the REAL theatre of dreams) but he just went from strength to strength and as a result of this performance, Danny Williams is going to struggle to get into this team.

I backed us to get promoted at the start of the season and I`m going to reinforce that bet after seeing us play 4 games against tough opposition. If Hyde and Stenson are as good as we believe them to be, we are going to have a good season. They will help us defend from the front (unlike Gold who was absolute *****) and that should assist with our propensity to sit too deep.

Is Gold committed or just using us to get game time with an eye on a better move & keeping out of trouble.

13 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

Is Gold committed or just using us to get game time with an eye on a better move & keeping out of trouble.

Based on current displays. He could be waiting a while for a "better move" 

I read he had signed a short term deal. I took that as your hear until our strikeforce is back..

18 minutes ago, Greggs said:

Based on current displays. He could be waiting a while for a "better move" 

I read he had signed a short term deal. I took that as your hear until our strikeforce is back..

Would be my preferred option.

11 minutes ago, oldskir said:

Just a reminder of what we have waiting in the wings:

The very goalscoring instincts we have lacked this season. Need to keep him injury free though. Which has been a struggle in the past so I hear.