England v Belgium Today

I'm absolutely furious again that we cant watch our National football team on terrestrial TV. We are subjected to the p--s poor England v Wales friendly but cant watch a competitive game. I dont watch Rugby or Cricket or any other sports really, but I'm pretty certain that their Internationals are shown and that the general population can watch if they choose without having to have the death of all Sports - SKY. It's time something was done about this.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

I'm absolutely furious again that we cant watch our National football team on terrestrial TV. We are subjected to the p--s poor England v Wales friendly but cant watch a competitive game. I dont watch Rugby or Cricket or any other sports really, but I'm pretty certain that their Internationals are shown and that the general population can watch if they choose without having to have the death of all Sports - SKY. It's time something was done about this.

Correct! I will not have Sky, but for more political reasons.

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Nick said:

you should be grateful you can’t watch it .. England football team total failures for over 50 years now 

We have to come good sometime Nick and I want to be able to watch it when we do!!

2 hours ago, TommyH72 said:

Cricket is on Sky Sports usually. However, the world cup final last year was simultaneously broadcast on channel 4, and there were two T20s on BBC this summer.

Weve got some really good exciting prospects yet the same players get picked. Pickford has been awful for Everton, pope played tuesday, clean sheet but dropped. Grealish our form player, man of match, dropped. Same usual suspects like Maguire,Dier,Walker,Rice straight in. Henderson hasnt played for Liverpool recently, straight in. Coady dropped but was excellent other night and has been excellent for wolves for a long time. 

1 hour ago, TommyH72 said:

We have to come good sometime Nick and I want to be able to watch it when we do!!

Every hopeful :) 

still not won a competition since 66 

10 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

The result of so many people paying an absolute fortune for Sky TV, as well as extras like BT Sport, while simultaneously bitching about the relatively low cost of the TV Licence. 

110% agree.  It annoys me when people complain about the TV licence.  Maybe the principle is wrong but the actual cost of around £12-13 per month is peanuts compared to lots of things.

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

Weve got some really good exciting prospects yet the same players get picked. Pickford has been awful for Everton, pope played tuesday, clean sheet but dropped. Grealish our form player, man of match, dropped. Same usual suspects like Maguire,Dier,Walker,Rice straight in. Henderson hasnt played for Liverpool recently, straight in. Coady dropped but was excellent other night and has been excellent for wolves for a long time. 

Kane on the Bench, Sterling not there at all, must be injured!! But Mount ahead of Grealish??? Maguire ahead of Coady?? Not IMO

44 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

How that Eric Dier gets picked is beyond me. Same goes for Harry Maguire. 

Grealish plying brilliantly for villa as of late. Gets man of the match and a good assist last game and then gets dropped and he plays two defensive midfielders and one of the most over rated centre backs in the team in Maguire 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, bazza45 said:

110% agree.  It annoys me when people complain about the TV licence.  Maybe the principle is wrong but the actual cost of around £12-13 per month is peanuts compared to lots of things.

Except you have to pay it even if you don’t use it .. 

bbc shoujd be aiming to become a global subscription service... not just a slowly dying public service broadcaster .. but not much public service these days .. 

5 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

Yeah, going quite well. But I still cant understand why Grealish, our most constructive player available is still sat on the bench!!

Listening to the commentary of the game on the radio and they have just reminded us that Grealish had his leg quite heavily strapped the other night. But hopefully he will be ready for the Denmark game on Wednesday.

58 minutes ago, Nick said:

Except you have to pay it even if you don’t use it .. 

bbc shoujd be aiming to become a global subscription service... not just a slowly dying public service broadcaster .. but not much public service these days .. 

don’t need to pay it if you don’t have a tv. If you just use things like streaming services and Now TV, etc then you don’t need it. Personally I don’t mind the license fee, I’d rather have that than paying £100+ to have BT and Sky.

On the footballing side of things, I was pleasantly surprised with the game - I was expecting Belgium to dominate us and to lose by a couple of goals. Belgium started strong for the first half hour or so but we were the better team from then on, certainly second half we were much the better team.

Here in lays the problem with being England. It doesnt matter who we play, if we lose we are real shite, if we draw then we were lucky but just as today we win and its not that we have beaten the so called World No1 team, coming from behind to win 2 - 1. But heres what a guy has just posted on the BBC :- It really pisses me off, you play whoever is put in front of you and hopefully win. But I'd bloody hate to be an England player these days, win lose or draw people like this guy just cant accept that we are essentially a decent squad with a chance to win something major in the not to distant future.

Posted at 18:4818:48

Get Involved

#bbcfootball or text 81111 (UK only)

SMS Message: Without Courtois, both Hazards, Vertonghen or Mertens - have you really beaten the #1 ranked Belgium team? from Peter, Exeter

Without Courtois, both Hazards, Vertonghen or Mertens - have you really beaten the #1 ranked Belgium team?

Peter, Exeter