Take a bow Sam Johnson

40 minutes ago, shaymenRup said:

Makes his 200th appearance for FC Halifax Town today and marks it with yet another clean sheet.

What a great servant to the club. Can’t think of a keeper I would rather have at the club. Brilliant.

Well done Sam, looks more confident with our current CB's, not much to do.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, shaymenRup said:

Makes his 200th appearance for FC Halifax Town today and marks it with yet another clean sheet.

What a great servant to the club. Can’t think of a keeper I would rather have at the club. Brilliant.

Brilliant shot stopper and a great servant. Will get shot down for this but he’s still very slow and his distribution seems to get worse. If he can work on that he would probably be the best keeper in the league 

10 hours ago, born to moan said:

Nothing at all against Sam great keeper at this level. I wish some of you young uns could have seen Alex Smith. What a keeper I've never seen one better at any level.

absolutely agree,for not such a tall keeper he was the best ive seen at the shay ,as we used to say ,A-L,A-L-E,A-L-E-X-,  ALEX

• Like 1
14 hours ago, shaymenRup said:

Arthur Johnson ??

Superb keeper and the best and most reliable I’ve known for quite some time. Wouldn’t swap him for anyone in the league.

People talk about Ashmore being the best in the league but last season at Ebbsfleet last year, in our game alone he spilled a tame shot from King into the net and got lobbed from 70 yards. He got away with a spill yesterday too although his save in the first half was superb.

In our game at Dover last year they were waxing lyrical about their keeper being the best In the league. He then made a mistake for our first goal and got lobbed from 40 yards!

Keepers as with all players will have flaws at this level but for me Sam Johnson is superb and If we got promoted I’d be having him as our Keeper next year too.

1 hour ago, TommyH72 said:

I wish?? Alex Smith, the best keeper Town have ever had bar none.

Certainly the most consistent & reliable. To be fair goalkeepers of that era did just that, today they have to cope with kicking back passes & act as a sweeper.