Today’s game v Borehamwood

1 minute ago, quizmaster said:

Think Allen, when numbers allow, would be best used in the hole behind Hyde and Stenson/Gold. Allen does a lot of good work but he's not a central striker and there is no end result when he plays wide, despite his pace and undoubted skill. 

Earing has the shirt for that role at the moment and is doing ok and growing into the position 

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well I, for one, never expected a day on this site when TJ was accusing someone else of being too harsh on the team 

You can tell you don’t live in the UK and watch Town often. The energy, high pressing and passing is miles better than the past few seasons. 3 of the favourites for the league played so far and 4 poin

I think some are being over critical if you look at the team. Sam still one of the best in the league Wing backs, both grown into the position and Senior looked good preseason no- one really

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, St Pauli Hendrie said:

Bet you are a wiz on football manager. 

Haven't played in a decade but yeah I used to do alright. Not the same as real life though eh?

18 minutes ago, ashy1966 said:

Mid table mediocrity? 

Dag & Red beat comfortably. Highly fancied. 

Stockport pre season favourites should have got at least a draw.Away from home. 

Borehamwood away again one of the favourites. We should have won today. In this form. I would say we will make the play offs at least. Hyde & Stenson to come back in as well. 

The same Dag & Red who have been woeful over the last couple of seasons? I actually think they've been the better side of the four I've seen so far but that's not saying a lot. Maybe their new players will justify the predictions about them. BHW were woeful today, unable to pass, relying on dead ball situations and a referee that gave out free-kicks far too easily. And Stockport didn't exactly set their stall out as favourites.

Look, it's all about opinions at the end of the day. I think I saw one game last season, two including the play-off, but the quality I've seen thus far is poor, and if as some claim Town are playing so much better than last season then fantastic because in that case we stand a really good chance of finishing in the top 7. I don't see it myself. Yet.

And I'm not interested in excuses about new players. Every club is in the same boat, when does that excuse expire? Game 5? 10?

Just now, Hoddie said:

Haven't played in a decade but yeah I used to do alright. Not the same as real life though eh?

The same Dag & Red who have been woeful over the last couple of seasons? I actually think they've been the better side of the four I've seen so far but that's not saying a lot. Maybe their new players will justify the predictions about them. BHW were woeful today, unable to pass, relying on dead ball situations and a referee that gave our free-kicks far too easily. And Stockport didn't exactly set their stall out as favourites.

Look, it's all about opinions at the end of the day. I think I saw one game last season, two including the play-off, but the quality I've seen thus far is poor, and if as some claim Town are playing so much better than last season then fantastic because in that case we stand a really good chance of finishing in the top 7. I don't see it myself. Yet.

And I'm not interested in excuses about new players. Every club is in the same boat, when does that excuse expire? Game 5? 10?

Exactly, you cant comment if you've hardly watched us. We are massively improved football wise than last season. You slate BHW on their performance today but how about praising us for us nullifying their threats? So if we are going to be mid table at best then your opinion must be the same for Dagenham,Stockport and BHW as none of the 3 performed better than us, just a wonder strike Tuesday night did us over. You just keep watching now and again whilst you can and keep the negative comments coming :doh:

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

The same Dag & Red who have been woeful over the last couple of seasons? I actually think they've been the better side of the four I've seen so far but that's not saying a lot. Maybe their new players will justify the predictions about them. BHW were woeful today, unable to pass, relying on dead ball situations and a referee that gave out free-kicks far too easily. And Stockport didn't exactly set their stall out as favourites.

You’ve seen four teams? We’ve only played 3? Unless there’s a behind closed doors match we haven’t heard about? 

Mid table mediocrity based on this form? Cmon hoddie we’ve played 3 of the favourites for promotion as dag&red have signed well too. I personally think it’s a great start and you know me I can often be found negative/realistic against the club but we have clearly come on leaps and bounds. If we had Hyde on the field who can finish we might have been on 9 points so far. 

1 minute ago, TJAshton said:

You’ve seen four teams? We’ve only played 3? Unless there’s a behind closed doors match we haven’t heard about? 

Mid table mediocrity based on this form? Cmon hoddie we’ve played 3 of the favourites for promotion as dag&red have signed well too. I personally think it’s a great start and you know me I can often be found negative/realistic against the club but we have clearly come on leaps and bounds. If we had Hyde on the field who can finish we might have been on 9 points so far. 

He doesn't seem to be understanding that we are missing the part of the team that wins games. 

No one can judge the attacking side of our team until the attacking side of it is actually on the pitch 

Think the defence has looked quite good and Summerfield is a good signing. With a bit of luck he could have had 2 or 3 goals. We have Hyde and Stenson missing but how many chances have we created in the 3 games. Got to the byline quite a few times today but crosses either hit first man or were poor. If we had missed chances you can think that Hyde might have scored. If we can get better balls into the box I would feel happier. Only 3 games so I am hoping that we can improve on delivery.

1 hour ago, halifaxmark said:

Wow... pathetic comment. Battering a team that are expected to be up the top end without our 2 first choice strikers

In fairness if you win 1 match, draw 1 match and lose 1 match you are likely to be mid table. I think it was a good point but an average game

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, bolt45 said:

Think the defence has looked quite good and Summerfield is a good signing. With a bit of luck he could have had 2 or 3 goals. We have Hyde and Stenson missing but how many chances have we created in the 3 games. Got to the byline quite a few times today but crosses either hit first man or were poor. If we had missed chances you can think that Hyde might have scored. If we can get better balls into the box I would feel happier. Only 3 games so I am hoping that we can improve on delivery.

Better attackers get into better positions and offer better options for balls into the box. The options we currently have dont appear to have that strikers instinct.

11 minutes ago, vinnyweknuts said:

In fairness if you win 1 match, draw 1 match and lose 1 match you are likely to be mid table. I think it was a good point but an average game

Yes, you are right if this is a maths lesson, but this is normally a fixture we don't do well in. It sounds like we played well but without an end product. 

There is a lot of negativity on here already but we have been really competitive in both away games.

Hoping the goals will flow soon, but it is really frustrating that we have started a new campaign with no real strikers on the park, just our luck. 

Edited by shaymen_x
  • Like 1
Just now, Greggs said:

Better attackers get into better positions and offer better options for balls into the box. The options we currently have dont appear to have that strikers instinct.

I feel the ball isnt sticking up front at the moment, that may also improve with Hyde and if it does it allows the likes of Earing, Summerfield, Green and the 2 wing backs to got forward and support more 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, shaymen_x said:

Yes, you are right if this is a maths lesson, but this is normally a fixture we don't do well in. It sounds like we played well but without an end product. 

There is a lot of negativity on here already but we have been really competitive in both away games.

Hoping the goals will flow soon, but it is really frustrating that we have started a new campaign with no real strikers on the park, just our luck. 

Only negativity coming from hoddie. As it did against Dagenham and Stockport 

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

Wait?

You’re tying yourself in knots here. We’re rubbish and ‘only finishing mid table’ yet every other team is rubbish as well. Someone’s got to win the league! :blink:

Almost like it’s step 5 football 

Only negativity coming from hoddie. As it did against Dagenham and Stockport 

Careful.... You might get moderated off (only joking) 

We started the last season really well but then we got found out/faded.

I'm hoping (time will only tell!) that PWs first real team is more sustainable and goes from strength to strength over the course of the season. I dont see how anyone can be negative based on the last two games. Both away teams are sadly better off than us financially and have tried to strengthen. The evidence is that we are competitive against teams that beat us well last season. 

Ii think a lot of people are expecting a lot from Hyde when he returns, I hope he delivers. It is up to others to chip with goals also. Wild should get the forwards some shooting practice on Monday, first aim hit the target and get a shot away when they can            Video quality today was poorest yet. 

31 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Surely Halifax are the 4th team?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
17 minutes ago, shaymen_x said:

I see - after suffering years of abuse for commenting on players and performances despite not seeing games, something I've never actually done actually, but it hasn't stopped the abuse, I'm now getting grief for giving my honest assessment of a game you haven't watched.

31 minutes ago, Greggs said:

He doesn't seem to be understanding that we are missing the part of the team that wins games. 

No one can judge the attacking side of our team until the attacking side of it is actually on the pitch 

We've won a game. FFS we were top of the league last season without a decent striker according to most of you. If the two strikers we brought in last minute were never going to pull their weight, what was the point in signing them?

2 minutes ago, ewalsh said:

Surely Halifax are the 4th team?

:D

29 minutes ago, vinnyweknuts said:

If you got the same level of points from every 3 games you would end up with 58-59 points, not enough to get into the play-offs.

30 minutes ago, vinnyweknuts said:

Not bad return against teams who are expected to finish above us. Fine margins is football. We could be sitting pretty with 9 out of 9.

• Like 1

It’s early in the season we have been solid even done well against fancied sides .. but it’s how we do against the less fancied dudes that count .. until Stinson and Hyde are back it’s difficult to tell if we are the real deal .. or a solid mid table side ..we need to kick on from here 

one thing i am optimistic on is this team looks less likely to have a mid season slump 

4 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Didn’t think he meant it like that but if he thought Dagenham were better than us then he certainly wasn’t on about us as the 4th team 

We’ve played 3 opposition and there’s one team constant in every game :doh:

6 minutes ago, ewalsh said:

We’ve played 3 opposition and there’s one team constant in every game :doh:

Right? But he’s saying Dagenham have been the better of the four teams he’s seen. Dagenham were the worst out of “four” so to me I didn’t have a clue who were the other 3 were 

Edited by TJAshton

Right? But he’s saying Dagenham have been the better of the four teams he’s seen. Dagenham were the worst out of “four” so to me I didn’t have a clue who were the other 3 were 

You haven't even seen all four teams but you're able to say with confidence that Dagenham were the worst of those four? For me they looked dangerous every time they moved forward. Funny how people demand we give time for Town's new players to gel, but Dagenham must be judged on their first game? In my opinion they looked much more threatening than Stockport, and BHW were nowhere near. That said, D&R have failed to deliver for two seasons now so perhaps they're destined to do the same again.