Do we need to up the Ante

Reading the Courier interview with Mr B it seems that we may need to dig deep to keep things on track:

FC Halifax Town chairman David Bosomworth has called on fans to dig deep and help support the club’s finances.

Reading other club websites, while researching streaming costs, most clubs seem to have some form of fund raising on the go to help bridge the gap with no fans being in the ground. Even Mr B admits that the Govt grant will not fill the financial gap that will be created.

So are the supporters up for another round of fund raising? 

• Like 1

The answer is yes anything is better than nothing when you’re steering a ship through a sea of coronavirus and all the other s**t that goes with it , tell me where and I will donate £100.00 

• Like 2

Id like the club to take stock of the Streaming figures first and after a few games.  Hopefully they will be pleasantly surprised.  I guess none of the clubs will publicise their viewing figures whilst they negotiate the Govt handout. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, shaykehands said:

Id like the club to take stock of the Streaming figures first and after a few games.  Hopefully they will be pleasantly surprised.  I guess none of the clubs will publicise their viewing figures whilst they negotiate the Govt handout. 

Shayke. you and many others are interested to know just how much of a hole we are in. I have no doubt that once the true cost of dealing with the CV-19 problems plus the loss of income from playing behind closed doors are known. we will all be happy to rally round and help support the BOD in keeping football in Halifax alive and well. 

1 hour ago, Hands Off The Shay said:

We need a target.

I would also expect to see a cash contribution from DB as the sole shareholder which isn't a loan.

He can't have it both ways.

Agree your point about a target or highlighting a projected shortfall.  

1 hour ago, Hands Off The Shay said:

We need a target.

I would also expect to see a cash contribution from DB as the sole shareholder which isn't a loan.

He can't have it both ways.

You can start with the six figure managed loss that we've included in the budget for the last two or three seasons . That's got to be found from somewhere and it's likely that we'll incur a further six figure loss on top of that . So 200k has got to be magiced up !

13 hours ago, shaykehands said:

Think the question on streaming is not how it looks for the first few games it how when the novelty wears off then it’s how the figure looks 

do think the club and the supporters club need to look at additional support 

the supporters club hold membership need updating and getting out there

Edited by Nick
12 hours ago, ITMAN said:

Shayke. you and many others are interested to know just how much of a hole we are in. I have no doubt that once the true cost of dealing with the CV-19 problems plus the loss of income from playing behind closed doors are known. we will all be happy to rally round and help support the BOD in keeping football in Halifax alive and well. 

Currently I  have £600.00 in two season tickets invested, when facts & figures are published in the future I may contribute in a similar manner to the virtual match ticket. Will await definitive information.

1 hour ago, Roy Race said:

Currently I  have £600.00 in two season tickets invested, when facts & figures are published in the future I may contribute in a similar manner to the virtual match ticket. Will await definitive information.

I agree it would be great if A basic budge could be published 

the obvious one is how much it cost on gross basis to run the club annually. 

and then some granularity 

players costs  including employment taxes 

Other staff cost 

ground rent and home match day cost 

training cost 

away match costs 

vat and other 

others costs 

I think the total cost is more that people think .. I suspect it’s in the 1-1.2 million a year .. with the players cost being about 60percent of that cost 

but I am largely making a guess from previous cost statements made over the years 

4 hours ago, Nick said:

Think the question on streaming is not how it looks for the first few games it how when the novelty wears off then it’s how the figure looks 

do think the club and the supporters club need to look at additional support 

the supporters club hold membership need updating and getting out there

Nick posted on another topic but the same applies. Supporters can pay to stream at the going rate or opt to pay to go the "Extra Mile" and top it up to £20 per game.

They could maybe do something similar to pizza shop websites where you can pay for the goods then opt to make a donation to a charity, round up the cost to the nearest pound etc. I have seen some of the NL clubs doing this. Notts County offer to top up from the streaming fee to £15 or £20.

This would then incorporate Flea's suggestion and make it easier to keep separate the VAT and non-VAT elements. 

• Like 1

I don't think the club would be out there adding new players if it was in any financial danger. That said, if people want to throw money at the club then the option should be there. I think it makes more sense to fill any gaps in any sponsorship opportunities first as these would presumably have been included in the budget forecasts. Perhaps someone can coordinate raising funds for another player sponsorship or maybe even a match sponsorship. 

A player in the lower leagues chose to do a fundraiser for his own treatment when he got injured rather than have the club pay for scans etc. It turned out to be very popular with fans and even jack grealish contributing. 

Perhaps a fund could be set up by the fans to help towards something like this?

1 hour ago, Hoddie said:

I don't think the club would be out there adding new players if it was in any financial danger. That said, if people want to throw money at the club then the option should be there. I think it makes more sense to fill any gaps in any sponsorship opportunities first as these would presumably have been included in the budget forecasts. Perhaps someone can coordinate raising funds for another player sponsorship or maybe even a match sponsorship. 

Think it’s taking a calculated risk 

1 minute ago, crowtherjcbravo said:

A player in the lower leagues chose to do a fundraiser for his own treatment when he got injured rather than have the club pay for scans etc. It turned out to be very popular with fans and even jack grealish contributing. 

Perhaps a fund could be set up by the fans to help towards something like this?

Brown has left us ! ;)

2 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Sponsorship does seem to have gone a bit quiet and looks like an area that needs pushing more

Did notice that neither the hone shirt or the gold away one have a sponsor on the back which they would normally have