Briggus Tn v Ponty Colleries Sat 3pm HX3 8BG

13 hours ago, Rambo said:

The HD6 postcode is centred on Spout House Lane, south of The Yorkdhire Payments Stadium.

The HX3 postcode centres on St Giles Road, but to the north side of the ground.

The stadium address is actually St Giles Road and is actually on the boundary of the two postcodes.

My apologies - you are correct.  I always presumed that anywhere in Brighouse had a HD6 code, obviously not.  I suppose the ground is actually nearer Hipperholme/Lightcliffe than Brighouse

• Rambo changed the title to Briggus Tn v table toppers Dunston-Gateshead Mon 745 HX3 8BG

Quite a few Shaymen there on Saturday - spotted a few hats and shirts.

And the match was as full of incident and goals as last Monday.

But BTAFC pretty desperate for a win now - I hope they get it by 945 Monday eve.

On 10/9/2020 at 10:04 AM, chrisbo61 said:

And we wonder why we need lockdown to curb the spread of covid!

Totally agree. Everywhere else I’ve been in the country albeit not recently had track and trace, restaurants had strict measures in terms of throw away menus, digital menus and all staff wearing visors. They had people on the door of every shop and if you didn’t wear a mask you didn’t come in. These places weren’t in local lockdown.

As soon as you come home pubs, restaurants and shops are making a half arsed attempt and we wonder why we are in local lockdown!

Just now, Ash said:

Totally agree. Everywhere else I’ve been in the country albeit not recently had track and trace, restaurants had strict measures in terms of throw away menus, digital menus and all staff wearing visors. They had people on the door of every shop and if you didn’t wear a mask you didn’t come in. These places weren’t in local lockdown.

As soon as you come home pubs, restaurants and shops are making a half arsed attempt and we wonder why we are in local lockdown!

Yeh, its ridiculous!

2 hours ago, born to moan said:

Are you the Rambo that does the match day announcements at the Dog botherers?

I don't recognise these "dog botherers!!!!!!!"

Yes, 'tis me.

I'm a bit of a throw back to the days when if you went to watch The Shaymen on a Friday evening and The Terriers on a Saturday afternoon, people didn't think you were a moron or wanted to punch you (I'm aware that there was plenty of that back then, just never my scene.) I still come to The Shay at pretty much every opportunity I can. But I'm first and foremost  a 3rd generation Huddersfield Town fan (my son and daughter are now the 4th, poor buggers!!)

Twice I have made the wrong decision as to which HTAFC (or now FCHT) to go and watch. On the 5th January 1980 I chose to go to Walsall away to watch Steve Kindon net as 2nd placed Town (Huddersfield) drew 1-1 with the then league leaders who we just pipped for the 4th Division title that season. Anybody who doesn't know what happened at The Shay that day shouldn't really be on this board!! And just for the record, I wasn't at The Shay on Boxing Day 10 days earlier as my Dad feared there would be trouble, and or we wouldn't be able to see - I was 10 and my brother was only 7!! He was right, and the speedway track perimeter wall also gave way in the away end/corner! 

The 2nd time was the 20th March 2016 when I came to The Shay with a pair of brothers from Stainland who I played cricket with and against, and who like me, were Huddersfield Town fans who used to watch The Shaymen on Fri eves etc whenever possible and are now small sponsors of The Shaymen. It was the FA Trophy semi final (I went to Wembley too!!) We were 'outed' as Huddersfield Town fans when 3 second half goals in 10 minutes late in the 2nd half had us discussing how we wished we were at Elland Road as the final score was Holbeck and Beeston United 1, Town 4. A few yoofs started to give us a few verbals but were told to pipe down by some slightly more mature Shaymen, thankfully! For the record, we didn't go to Elland Road on principle as it was £47 for an away ticket for mid table 2nd tier football - no thanks.

So now Brighouse Town choosing to play matches on a Monday evening works the same way for me as it did when The Shaymen played on Friday evenings - it gives me the opportunity to watch a local team I care about which otherwise would not be the case. They didn't have any match sponsors on Saturday as the venue was reversed as City of Liverpool FC's ground (they are tenants at Bootle FC) was closed for 14 days by Bootle FC. So i got a groups of mates and TOG24 clothing to be match sponsors, plus Brighouse Juniors Under FC 11s as man of the match sponsors and Lightcliffe CC as match ball sponsors. Hence my posting the match on here!! We had a great day - I heartily recommend it to anyone!

For the record, and just to alienate myself completely:D, I used to go to Thrum Hall too, and Fartown a bit.

And the Dukes speedway and Calderdale Explorers basketball plus stock cars at Odsal and banger racing at Sunny Vale. Played as much cricket, rugby and football as possible too!!!  

So, I'll see you tonight at The Yorkshire Payments Stadium, after my lad has played for Brighouse Juniors Under 11s v The Shaymen Under 11s in a behind closed doors match due to the current restrictions surrounding FCHT matches!!

If you're considering going to watch Brighouse tonight and are concerned about self isolation, at the eastern (far end) of the ground you'll be able to stand at least 20 yards from the nearest other spectators. They have sanitisers, track and trace and social distancing in place in queues for the bar, kitchen, toilets etc. You'll need a mask to queue at the bar/kitchen but don't need to wear it sat down to consume what you've just bought - they are foolowing all the rules.

Edited by Rambo
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, Rambo said:

Yes, 'tis me.

I'm a bit of a throw back to the days when if you went to watch The Shaymen on a Friday evening and The Terriers on a Saturday afternoon, people didn't think you were a moron or wanted to punch you (I'm aware that there was plenty of that back then, just never my scene.) I still come to The Shay at pretty much every opportunity I can. But I'm first and foremost  a 3rd generation Huddersfield Town fan (my son and daughter are now the 4th, poor buggers!!)

Twice I have made the wrong decision as to which HTAFC (or now FCHT) to go and watch. On the 5th January 1980 I chose to go to Walsall away to watch Steve Kindon net as 2nd placed Town (Huddersfield) drew 1-1 with the then league leaders who we just pipped for the 4th Division title that season. Anybody who doesn't know what happened at The Shay that day shouldn't really be on this board!! And just for the record, I wasn't at The Shay on Boxing Day 10 days earlier as my Dad feared there would be trouble, and or we wouldn't be able to see - I was 10 and my brother was only 7!! He was right, and the speedway track perimeter wall also gave way in the away end/corner! 

The 2nd time was the 20th March 2016 when I came to The Shay with a pair of brothers from Stainland who I played cricket with and against, and who like me, were Huddersfield Town fans who used to watch The Shaymen on Fri eves etc whenever possible and are now small sponsors of The Shaymen. It was the FA Trophy semi final (I went to Wembley too!!) We were 'outed' as Huddersfield Town fans when 3 second half goals in 10 minutes late in the 2nd half had us discussing how we wished we were at Elland Road as the final score was Holbeck and Beeston United 1, Town 4. A few yoofs started to give us a few verbals but were told to pipe down by some slightly more mature Shaymen, thankfully! For the record, we didn't go to Elland Road on principle as it was £47 for an away ticket for mid table 2nd tier football - no thanks.

So now Brighouse Town choosing to play matches on a Monday evening works the same way for me as it did when The Shaymen played on Friday evenings - it gives me the opportunity to watch a local team I care about which otherwise would not be the case. They didn't have any match sponsors on Saturday as the venue was reversed as City of Liverpool FC's ground (they are tenants at Bootle FC) was closed for 14 days by Bootle FC. So i got a groups of mates and TOG24 clothing to be match sponsors, plus Brighouse Juniors Under FC 11s as man of the match sponsors and Lightcliffe CC as match ball sponsors. Hence my posting the match on here!! We had a great day - I heartily recommend it to anyone!

For the record, and just to alienate myself completely:D, I used to go to Thrum Hall too, and Fartown a bit.

And the Dukes speedway and Calderdale Explorers basketball plus stock cars at Odsal and banger racing at Sunny Vale. Played as much cricket, rugby and football as possible too!!!  

So, I'll see you tonight at The Yorkshire Payments Stadium, after my lad has played for Brighouse Juniors Under 11s v The Shaymen Under 11s in a behind closed doors match due to the current restrictions surrounding FCHT matches!!

If you're considering going to watch Brighouse tonight and are concerned about self isolation, at the eastern (far end) of the ground you'll be able to stand at least 20 yards from the nearest other spectators. They have sanitisers, track and trace and social distancing in place in queues for the bar, kitchen, toilets etc. You'll need a mask to queue at the bar/kitchen but don't need to wear it sat down to consume what you've just bought - they are foolowing all the rules.

A day out, the trophy semi-final was the 19th. Also the date of my 40th birthday so something I’ll never forget, the best birthday present I have ever had. 

8 hours ago, Rambo said:

Yes, 'tis me.

A simple yes would have sufficed old pal ;)

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Rambo said:

Yes, 'tis me.

Once a Shayman Rambo, always a Shayman! 

Been waiting years for the Ainley Top Derby. Just watch it come out of the hat this year with no fans allowed. 

20 minutes ago, St Pauli Hendrie said:

Once a Shayman Rambo, always a Shayman! 

Been waiting years for the Ainley Top Derby. Just watch it come out of the hat this year with no fans allowed. 

I thought only applied if one of the teams was classed as Elite.....

Thanks for all the lovely messages!

Rather hoping The Shaymen bypass Bratfud this winter......

Briggus one up after 2 mins but 2-1 down after 8!!
Another penalty, another big crowd, 100% effort from every player and 2 goals in 2 mins to draw level at 3-3 before a late winner for the table topping Geordies.
At least I won the 1st prize in the half-time draw, a fruit and veg hamper (no mention of the word ‘fresh’ on the ticket!)
Next home match a week on Saturday 24th v Pontycarlo

28 minutes ago, Rambo said:

Thanks for all the lovely messages!

Rather hoping The Shaymen bypass Bratfud this winter......

Briggus one up after 2 mins but 2-1 down after 8!!
Another penalty, another big crowd, 100% effort from every player and 2 goals in 2 mins to draw level at 3-3 before a late winner for the table topping Geordies.
At least I won the 1st prize in the half-time draw, a fruit and veg hamper (no mention of the word ‘fresh’ on the ticket!)
Next home match a week on Saturday 24th v Pontycarlo

Is that near Cas Vegas

• Rambo changed the title to Briggus Tn v Ponty Colleries Sat 3pm HX3 8BG