Briggus Tn v Ponty Colleries Sat 3pm HX3 8BG

If you’re not watching The Shaymen, Briggus Town will try to get their first win of the season tomorrow when Ponty Collieries visit The Yorkshire Payments Stadium, 3pm ko.

396 saw 7 more goals at Brighouse Town yesterday with another sending off and another penalty!! Sadly the sending off was for Briggus and the penalty for City of Liverpool. No lack of endeavour from the locals but the 5-2 scoreline accurately reflects the match. The next opportunity to kick start the season is tomorrow, Monday evening 745 ko, but visitors Dunston from Gateshead top the table!!

I went to Brighouse Town FC on Monday night. 400 there; 6 goals including a volley from half way which was on Look North on Tuesday, 2 sendings off (one player, one manager!!) Briggus 3 nil up, ref does his hammy, Briggus video man runs the line, Runcorn bench and players screaming for game to be abandoned in case he’s biased, replacement ref’s watch stops, incorrectly gives 16 minutes added time changed to 9 minutes, Runcorn score in 95th and 99th minutes to draw! Pretty enjoyable stuff!! And great to watch a live match where you can have a beer if you want one!!
So this Saturday 3pm ko, Briggus at home to City of Liverpool FC who are a fans club formed in 2015. They play in purple (mix of red and blue!!) and have been promoted every year I think. 
Can’t promise it’ll be as interesting as Monday eve but always a warm welcome - the BTAFC people always make Shaymen welcome!

Edited by Rambo
  • Like 1

Glad Brighouse can get the fans in. For many Halifax fans, me included, Brighouse are like a second team.

That said, how they are allowed 400 fans in their tiny ground and we have none in our cavernous arena is beyond me.

On a similar issue, watching the Bosnia-Herzegovina v Northern Ireland highlights, it seemed weird to see fans in the ground last night! 

• Like 2
54 minutes ago, Che Bentos said:

Glad Brighouse can get the fans in. For many Halifax fans, me included, Brighouse are like a second team.

That said, how they are allowed 400 fans in their tiny ground and we have none in our cavernous arena is beyond me.

On a similar issue, watching the Bosnia-Herzegovina v Northern Ireland highlights, it seemed weird to see fans in the ground last night! 

360 odd there on Monday and it didn't feel overly full. 

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

And we wonder why we need lockdown to curb the spread of covid!

I tend to agree but it does show how exclusion from grounds by the current guidelines are unworkable. Brighouse as an example will benefit from Hudders-Fax supporters, will the turnstiles lock at 400, doubt it. Looking for ways to circumvent common sense rules/guidelines will not see this pandemic contained.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, chrisbo61 said:

And we wonder why we need lockdown to curb the spread of covid!

Because earlier lockdowns and mandatory face masks have worked wonders so far haven't they.  Don't know what else Brighouse can do. NHS track and trace in place,  hand gel pumps everywhere,  1 in at the bar with face masks, 1 in at the toilets.  Large spaces between small groups of people. If they don't do all this they could be subject to fines.  If that sounds too dangerous for people they're probably better off not going.  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Alright Andy said:

Because earlier lockdowns and mandatory face masks have worked wonders so far haven't they.  Don't know what else Brighouse can do. NHS track and trace in place,  hand gel pumps everywhere,  1 in at the bar with face masks, 1 in at the toilets.  Large spaces between small groups of people. If they don't do all this they could be subject to fines.  If that sounds too dangerous for people they're probably better off not going.  

Measures have had mixed success due to people applying the rules to suit their needs not strictly following the guidelines. Had to go into town this morning 50% of shoppers were like headless chickens with no concept of 3ft & why are their groups of kids joined at the hip wandering about everywhere.

14 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

I still don't get why I should go to Brighouse or Ossett but can't go to Halifax or Farsley . Is CV19 really so selective ?

According to Johnson’s rules it must be 

Been to Skipton today. Market quite busy, outside so few wearing masks. People milling about and it’s difficult to keep distance always but you do the best you can. Hard to believe being at Brighouse in the circumstances described would be any more risky.

2 hours ago, Lammie said:

Been to Skipton today. Market quite busy, outside so few wearing masks. People milling about and it’s difficult to keep distance always but you do the best you can. Hard to believe being at Brighouse in the circumstances described would be any more risky.

Is risk the point ? By now we should be assessing our own risk like you did when you chose to go shopping in Skipton and like we did when we played Ebbsfleet before all this nonsense was cast upon us

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

I still don't get why I should go to Brighouse or Ossett but can't go to Halifax or Farsley . Is CV19 really so selective ?

Bizarrely you can go to Farsley to watch Albion Sports play their home games there.

Called into Leeds city centre last weekend and was shocked at the queues to get into bars etc and hundreds milling about as if it was normal. My eldest told me that all the new restrictions have done is make people go out 2 or 3 hours earlier on a Saturday, in order to be able to swill the same amount of ale before the pubs and clubs throw them all out at 10.

41 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

Called into Leeds city centre last weekend and was shocked at the queues to get into bars etc and hundreds milling about as if it was normal. My eldest told me that all the new restrictions have done is make people go out 2 or 3 hours earlier on a Saturday, in order to be able to swill the same amount of ale before the pubs and clubs throw them all out at 10.

rank stupidity by the masses and the Westminster classes

53 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

Not alien to older people, pubs used to close at 10.30 or 10.00 on Sunday in my youth.........unless you could inveigle your way into the Polish or Ukrainian clubs.

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

Not alien to older people, pubs used to close at 10.30 or 10.00 on Sunday in my youth.........unless you could inveigle your way into the Polish or Ukrainian clubs.

Or Shay Hotel 

3 hours ago, bazza45 said:

Not sure what the title of this topic refers to.  The postcode of the ground is HD6 2PL

The HD6 postcode is centred on Spout House Lane, south of The Yorkdhire Payments Stadium.

The HX3 postcode centres on St Giles Road, but to the north side of the ground.

The stadium address is actually St Giles Road and is actually on the boundary of the two postcodes.

• Rambo changed the title to Briggus Tn v Ponty Colleries Sat 3pm HX3 8BG