28 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Not sure Spence is tall enough for CB unless he's as good ad he thinks he is . Sounds a good prospect but I can see him leaving on a free when his contract expires . Also worryingly plays positions where we already have cover

Young lad so can carry crocks about training field.

Parnaby was sub six foot as is Hogan.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stuart Parnaby was our best defensive loan signing ever. Brilliant player who was always destined for a higher level.

He’s apparently playing for them tonight so he can keep his registration with them, and will then sign for us and be loaned back out. I assume that will be a 2 year deal. Seems like a good mov

At his age probably classed as a veteran I love it when we have a sprinkling of young players in the team, especially local lads where possible. Would rather see talented raw kids trying their best th

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Not sure Spence is tall enough for CB unless he's as good ad he thinks he is . Sounds a good prospect but I can see him leaving on a free when his contract expires . Also worryingly plays positions where we already have cover

Callum Howe at Solihull isn’t tall but he’s a good centre half 

In some cases size is not everything. The ability to read the game and judge the ball in flight is a far more important factor which can compensate for any lack of height. 

41 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Callum Howe at Solihull isn’t tall but he’s a good centre half 

Bit of a difference between someone who's 6ft and someone who was last recorded as being 5ft 8 though, there's being a small centre back and then there's that. Just have to hope he's grown a little since he was last measured

Scarborough paper reporting we’ve signed him and loaned him straight back out to them. Sounds like a win/win for all parties. 

York were supposedly planning on doing the same thing but couldn’t due to covid regulations so decided against signing him. Bizarre 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, AJS said:

Scarborough paper reporting we’ve signed him and loaned him straight back out to them. Sounds like a win/win for all parties. 

York were supposedly planning on doing the same thing but couldn’t due to covid regulations so decided against signing him. Bizarre 

https://www.thescarboroughnews.co.uk/sport/football/fc-halifax-town-bound-kian-spence-return-scarborough-athletic-loan-switch-3001958

• Like 1

He’s apparently playing for them tonight so he can keep his registration with them, and will then sign for us and be loaned back out. I assume that will be a 2 year deal.

Seems like a good move all around, another young prospect who is out getting first team football to develop (hoping we have a recall clause) with probably a view to playing for us next season. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Shayfan92 said:

He’s apparently playing for them tonight so he can keep his registration with them, and will then sign for us and be loaned back out. I assume that will be a 2 year deal.

Seems like a good move all around, another young prospect who is out getting first team football to develop (hoping we have a recall clause) with probably a view to playing for us next season. 

Does that mean he will be cup-tied for the FA Cup?

23 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Scarborough playering tonight could check later if Kian playing then watch live stream a fiver.

Played at weekend for them... on their highlights he seemed pretty decent- their fans were saying he should've been MoM

When people talk about needing to speculate.. this to me is it .. taking on what we believe are promising youngsters .. get them training with us but also out on loan getting experience .. we need to developing players for our own use but also with a view to lifting them to higher things through transfers .. 

well done town and Scarborough 

We have made a start with Earing, Benn,Tear & Spence.

Earing has made a brilliant start to the season from being a fringe player last season & Benn looks capable of holding a place in the team if needed, all to the good IMHO. Well done the BOD & management team.

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

We have made a start with Earing, Benn,Tear & Spence.

Earing has made a brilliant start to the season from being a fringe player last season & Benn looks capable of holding a place in the team if needed, all to the good IMHO. Well done the BOD & management team.

+ Jack Senior

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, chadders said:

+ Jack Senior

At his age probably classed as a veteran:D I love it when we have a sprinkling of young players in the team, especially local lads where possible. Would rather see talented raw kids trying their best than old pros just going through the motions.

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

+Tom Bradbury & Kieran Green

Yes, if two or three of this group of youngsters progresses it will be a Brucie bonus for the club. From the little I have seen of some of them I see no reason why they can't grow to form the nuclease of a successful team in the near future.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Roy Race said:

Yes, if two or three of this group of youngsters progresses it will be a Brucie bonus for the club. From the little I have seen of some of them I see no reason why they can't grow to form the nuclease of a successful team in the near future.

Let's hope the agents don't turn their heads then and they start to want silly money.