Trialling with us PW deciding this week whether to sign him he is 19 a CB or MF came through Middlesbrough youth academy. Sounds to me the sort of player we should sign we are getting a good mixture of youth and experience.

Edited by Steve Lanzarote
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stuart Parnaby was our best defensive loan signing ever. Brilliant player who was always destined for a higher level.

He’s apparently playing for them tonight so he can keep his registration with them, and will then sign for us and be loaned back out. I assume that will be a 2 year deal. Seems like a good mov

At his age probably classed as a veteran I love it when we have a sprinkling of young players in the team, especially local lads where possible. Would rather see talented raw kids trying their best th

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Trialling with us PW deciding this week whether to sign him he is 19 a CB or MF came through Middlesbrough youth academy. Sounds to me the sort of player we should sign we are getting a good mixture of youth and experience.

Haven't we got Maher for that position, 

3 minutes ago, eddie said:

Haven't we got Maher for that position, 

Not while he is out injured. What is Mahers injury & how long is he out for, as I have identified before last season we were updated to death on injuries, this season it's just passing comments with zero detail.

1 minute ago, Roy Race said:

Not while he is out injured. What is Mahers injury & how long is he out for, as I have identified before last season we were updated to death on injuries, this season it's just passing comments with zero detail.

Maher back FT training this week in contention for next Tues as is Senior and Lazarus.

I must admit that at first I was a little concerned that having a plethora of younger players, they might get "old manned" at this level, however, so far they have held their own, in particular young Tom Bradbury, some of the forwards he will have to deal with in the NL are not taking any prisoners. So, continue with the search for talent with the youngsters, with more experienced players such as Clarke and Woods to help guide them, they should be OK.

12 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

I must admit that at first I was a little concerned that having a plethora of younger players, they might get "old manned" at this level, however, so far they have held their own, in particular young Tom Bradbury, some of the forwards he will have to deal with in the NL are not taking any prisoners. So, continue with the search for talent with the youngsters, with more experienced players such as Clarke and Woods to help guide them, they should be OK.

Bennet of Stockport being a perfect example, took the man every challenge not sure he played the ball more than a couple of times, even riled Clarke enough to get him booked, silly but Clarke rarely reacts to thuggery so must have been something in the challenge. Pleased with our back three at the moment, a few senseless punts upfield but mostly good distribution with little trouble dealing with pace or high balls & will get better.

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

He could be the lad who had trials with York and they offered him a contract but he wanted to come to us.

Confirmed via Scarborough local paper. been with squad apparently for last fortnight 

4 minutes ago, Hxmitch said:

Confirmed via Scarborough local paper. been with squad apparently for last fortnight 

If we are to be progressive we need players similar to Spence, Earing & Benn to groom (can I say that:o) for the future. In that respect PW has got it right & the BOD have always supported bringing promising young players to the club.

• Like 1
Just now, Roy Race said:

If we are to be progressive we need players similar to Spence, Earing & Benn to groom (can I say that:o) for the future. In that respect PW has got it right & the BOD have always supported bringing promising young players to the club.

Hopefully, as they are a bit older and if we have them on 2 year contracts we may just get a look in down the line if we develop (not groom) them and sell them, with a suitable clause in the contract to entitle us to further payment should they go onto bigger and better things.

1 minute ago, shaykehands said:

Do we know how long Hyde is out for?

"the Town boss said striker Jake Hyde was due to have an injection in his back yesterday and was expected to return to full training on Monday with a view to being available for next Saturday’s game at his former club Woking."

8 minutes ago, Nick said:

Thought Maher was available fit Saturday 

i today's Courier -

Senior was now back at full fitness and has resumed full training, Maher will rejoin training today and Noble-Lazarus will also rejoin training by the end of the week.

58 minutes ago, rdj said:

i today's Courier -

Senior was now back at full fitness and has resumed full training, Maher will rejoin training today and Noble-Lazarus will also rejoin training by the end of the week.

It's a all a little concerning we have players needing injections etc at this stage of the season, have we signed several sicknotes after just getting rid of some. We aren't in a position to carry players for the best part of a season.