Petition for fans to be allowed back into stadiums

People, presumably subs, completely failing with social distancing in the Stockport stand. If the players can't be policed to adhere to the guidelines, what chance do clubs have of policing supporters? It ain't gonna happen imo, and rightly so, because too many people are lackadaisical about the risks because they personally haven't been affected in any way. Those people in that stand sitting right next to each other, and people like them all across society, are the reason why restrictions are increasing and not disappearing, because they cannot follow simple fecking guidelines.

If the EFL are crying out that they need fans in or go bust then it could be their supporters who have made the jump in numbers for this petition. As stated in Kelly's news update today, we have been given a 1300 crowd figure should we get back in. Is this enough to survive on?

16 hours ago, neilstewart said:

A bit like the ground staff at the shay on Saturday, who for some reason all had to fork the same bit of pitch at the same time. Not once were they adhering to social distancing.

I noticed this too, what i also noticed is we seem to have been on a pitch folking recruitment drive through lockdown. I wonder why? 

54 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

we have been given a 1300 crowd figure should we get back in. Is this enough to survive on?

Easier to survive on 1300 than on the current 0.

If we were still able to stream games and have 1300 in the ground, then that, with the added bailout that we are supposed to get, may actually work out OK. 

4 minutes ago, greygoose said:

I noticed this too, what i also noticed is we seem to have been on a pitch folking recruitment drive through lockdown. I wonder why? 

The rain on Saturday was heavy and constant before and during the game hence the seemingly OTT forking to ensure no standing water  / puddles.

1 hour ago, chadders said:

The rain on Saturday was heavy and constant before and during the game hence the seemingly OTT forking to ensure no standing water  / puddles.

It looked worse at Altrincham where they were brushing streams of water from the pitch prior to kick off.

2 hours ago, Flea said:

Easier to survive on 1300 than on the current 0.

If we were still able to stream games and have 1300 in the ground, then that, with the added bailout that we are supposed to get, may actually work out OK. 

Flea, I agree, if we can get 1300 in the ground, still have the grant from the NL/Govt and revenue from streaming for the rest of the season, then financially I would think we will be more or less in the same place as the budget for this season was supposed to be.

3 hours ago, ITMAN said:

Flea, I agree, if we can get 1300 in the ground, still have the grant from the NL/Govt and revenue from streaming for the rest of the season, then financially I would think we will be more or less in the same place as the budget for this season was supposed to be.

Isnt the grant to aid whilst there are no crowds though? If we suddenly are aloud to let people in what's to stop the government saying "your on your own" so to speak. 

2 hours ago, Greggs said:

Isnt the grant to aid whilst there are no crowds though? If we suddenly are aloud to let people in what's to stop the government saying "your on your own" so to speak. 

I was thinking along the lines of current restrictions, no crowd but grant plus streaming, after Xmas, crowds in ground plus streaming still. This would allow for a financial transition from no crowds to limited crowds whilst limiting the loss of income to hopefully get everyone to the end of the season.

2 hours ago, Greggs said:

will you ever get "aloud" and "allowed" correct - does my head in:)

• Like 2