Jump to content

Petition for fans to be allowed back into stadiums


Recommended Posts

People, presumably subs, completely failing with social distancing in the Stockport stand. If the players can't be policed to adhere to the guidelines, what chance do clubs have of policing supporters? It ain't gonna happen imo, and rightly so, because too many people are lackadaisical about the risks because they personally haven't been affected in any way. Those people in that stand sitting right next to each other, and people like them all across society, are the reason why restrictions are increasing and not disappearing, because they cannot follow simple fecking guidelines.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If the EFL are crying out that they need fans in or go bust then it could be their supporters who have made the jump in numbers for this petition. As stated in Kelly's news update today, we have been given a 1300 crowd figure should we get back in. Is this enough to survive on?

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, neilstewart said:

A bit like the ground staff at the shay on Saturday, who for some reason all had to fork the same bit of pitch at the same time. Not once were they adhering to social distancing.

I noticed this too, what i also noticed is we seem to have been on a pitch folking recruitment drive through lockdown. I wonder why? 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

 we have been given a 1300 crowd figure should we get back in. Is this enough to survive on?

Easier to survive on 1300 than on the current 0.

If we were still able to stream games and have 1300 in the ground, then that, with the added bailout that we are supposed to get, may actually work out OK. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, greygoose said:

I noticed this too, what i also noticed is we seem to have been on a pitch folking recruitment drive through lockdown. I wonder why? 

 

The rain on Saturday was heavy and constant before and during the game hence the seemingly OTT forking to ensure no standing water  / puddles.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chadders said:

The rain on Saturday was heavy and constant before and during the game hence the seemingly OTT forking to ensure no standing water  / puddles.

It looked worse at Altrincham where they were brushing streams of water from the pitch prior to kick off.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Flea said:

Easier to survive on 1300 than on the current 0.

If we were still able to stream games and have 1300 in the ground, then that, with the added bailout that we are supposed to get, may actually work out OK. 

Flea, I agree, if we can get 1300 in the ground, still have the grant from the NL/Govt and revenue from streaming for the rest of the season, then financially I would think we will be more or less in the same place as the budget for this season was supposed to be.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ITMAN said:

Flea, I agree, if we can get 1300 in the ground, still have the grant from the NL/Govt and revenue from streaming for the rest of the season, then financially I would think we will be more or less in the same place as the budget for this season was supposed to be.

Isnt the grant to aid whilst there are no crowds though? If we suddenly are aloud to let people in what's to stop the government saying "your on your own" so to speak. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Greggs said:

Isnt the grant to aid whilst there are no crowds though? If we suddenly are aloud to let people in what's to stop the government saying "your on your own" so to speak. 

I was thinking along the lines of current restrictions, no crowd but grant plus streaming, after Xmas, crowds in ground plus streaming still. This would allow for a financial transition from no crowds to limited crowds whilst limiting the loss of income to hopefully get everyone to the end of the season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Greggs said:

Isnt the grant to aid whilst there are no crowds though? If we suddenly are aloud to let people in what's to stop the government saying "your on your own" so to speak. 

will you ever get "aloud" and "allowed" correct - does my head in:)

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...