FCHT Youth Team Progression

Youth Team graduate, Jay Benn made his first team debut on Saturday and from the same squad, Carl Rushworth called into the England U20 squad. Ross Barrows making the King's Lynn squad for their first National League fixture

Edited by chadders
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, chadders said:

Youth Team graduate, Jay Benn made his first team debut on Saturday and from the same squad, Carl Rushworth called into the England U20 squad. Ross Barrows making the King's Lynn squad for their first National League fixture

Lets hope we can tie down Jay Benn to a decent long contract just incase anyone comes sniffing round him. For me hes not ready to be a first team starter yet but has massive potential and will only get better under the likes of Clarke. And if he does ever go get a good fee with a good sell on clause like York did with the lad who has just gone to Everton 

• Like 1

Just a question on Carl Rushworth , who has signed a three year contract with Brighton and appears to be highly thought of, did we receive a fee for him  and/ or a sell on clause and if not why not ?

My question is without malice , just interested .

12 minutes ago, PRS said:

Just a question on Carl Rushworth , who has signed a three year contract with Brighton and appears to be highly thought of, did we receive a fee for him  and/ or a sell on clause and if not why not ?

My question is without malice , just interested .

Due to the power of the big clubs we got sod all and will continue to get sod all 

20 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Due to the power of the big clubs we got sod all and will continue to get sod all 

That’s not really an answer , the Club have usually been business like with our contracted players, does anybody have a factual answer 

8 minutes ago, PRS said:

That’s not really an answer , the Club have usually been business like with our contracted players, does anybody have a factual answer 

The FA/ Premier League’s Elite Player Performance Plan is designed so that if you have a Category 1 academy, you can hoover up talent from anyone that doesn’t.

It has set fees for clubs but only if your academy is categorised, which we are not (costs an absolute fortune to get it)

It was set up as a way of (in theory) ensuring best talent at best academies and ensuring England are developing the best players.

But what it means is that any good players you spot are taken with no financial reward.

• Sad 2
16 minutes ago, shaymandownsouff said:

The FA/ Premier League’s Elite Player Performance Plan is designed so that if you have a Category 1 academy, you can hoover up talent from anyone that doesn’t.

It has set fees for clubs but only if your academy is categorised, which we are not (costs an absolute fortune to get it)

It was set up as a way of (in theory) ensuring best talent at best academies and ensuring England are developing the best players.

But what it means is that any good players you spot are taken with no financial reward.

Rushforth had signed a professional contract,wasn't poached from the academy.I know it didn't,but surely that should have made a diffence unless it's all age related ?

1 hour ago, PRS said:

Due to his age, even though he was on contract, I believe we only got £10,000 when he moved on. This is because that is what is viewed to be a "fair" price for footballers under a certain age who are not part of an elite academy. 

I know the club tried to get Carl to sign another contract just after a certain birthday (It may have been his 17th, but I could be wrong on that), however he was advised by others not to sign it as it would have made him less attractive to potential suitors. From what I understand our club did everything in its power to make sure Carl was contracted in a way that we would get a proper fee for him, however it wasn't to be. 

3 hours ago, eddies mate said:

Rushforth had signed a professional contract,wasn't poached from the academy.I know it didn't,but surely that should have made a diffence unless it's all age related ?

Believe it’s a banding based on age so U9-11 (I know, absolutely mental) is one price, etc.

From what Flea said that would make sense U12-U16 banding is £12,500 for our level of academy

In other words the PL teams can plunder the smaller teams academy teams because it's all good for the development of English players. Until we get to the PL and then it all turns into false promises because PL teams need instant results and have no interest in building a future group of team players. God help the 99% of young English players who will never feature in the PL.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ITMAN said:

In other words the PL teams can plunder the smaller teams academy teams because it's all good for the development of English players. Until we get to the PL and then it all turns into false promises because PL teams need instant results and have no interest in building a future group of team players. God help the 99% of young English players who will never feature in the PL.

Think you have given a very accurate summary there, young kids in the majority of cases would be better served staying away from Premier teams but if they come knocking how many will refuse.

1 hour ago, ITMAN said:

Are supporters allowed in to watch FAYC games? As the games are midweek under floodlights I would be tempted to go along to watch and cheer them on.

Was behind closed doors last night at The Shay not sure bout Guiseley.

1 minute ago, chadders said:

Was behind closed doors last night at The Shay not sure bout Guiseley.

I guess they are classed as an "elite" team as well, so probably behind closed doors. Shame it would have been a nice way to see some live football, socially distanced of course, and see what else we have coming through the ranks.

• Like 1

Apologies for the misinformation posted earlier, this was due to the FA serving up last seasons date when googled.

THE FA YOUTH CUP ROUND DATES SEASON 2020-2021 Qualifying Competition – Ties must only be played in the week commencing:-

Preliminary Round Monday 7 September 2020

First Round Qualifying Monday 21 September 2020

Second Round Qualifying Monday 5 October 2020

Third Round Qualifying Monday 19 October 2020 

So, the U-19's game at Guiseley should be down for next week. Hopefully, we can go and watch.

I see that in the fixtures for the U-19's they have a game scheduled with Stockport on the Weds 21st, I presume this will be postponed, or are we expecting them to play 2 games in 2 days?

Edited by ITMAN