Stockport County (away) WLD

WLD?   

84 members have voted

1. 1. Result

• Win
    • Draw
    • Lose

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/06/2020 at 04:30 PM

12 hours ago, TJAshton said:

I question Johnson a lot and think we could do better than him but no way was he stopping that tonight 

Agree, that was a great strike and it was fit to win any game at any level. If I was going to criticise anything in his performance last night, I thought he might have done better for the first goal. But, thereafter he pulled off some decent saves and hes better than most at this level. But the save their keeper made to deny Summerfield was world class otherwise I think there would have been a completely different out come.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We matched them all game, at no point did I think we’re in trouble here. At no point did I think there’s a goal coming against us here, we get beaten   In the air which opens us up for the first, just

Deserved something from that game. Unlucky not to take the lead again and a worldie the difference, couldn’t do much with that

I really must be watching different games to the rest of you I don't recall Town being on top last night and every time Stockport moved forward they looked dangerous. Our forwards need to work so muc

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Hoddie said:

I really must be watching different games to the rest of you :) I don't recall Town being on top last night and every time Stockport moved forward they looked dangerous. Our forwards need to work so much better together, a lack of movement and a reluctance to pass was forcing players to act individually and try take on the entire defence. We made it easy for them to snuff out any threat. We scored from a fluke albeit some good work was put in to get into that position in the first place, you're right about that, but we were otherwise restricted to solo efforts from distance. A couple of great efforts, mind. Stockport in contrast put several dangerous balls into our 6-yard area, were given room to pass and move, and with better finishing could easily have scored a couple more than they did.

Town look a useful side with a lot of promise. The forwards need to work together much more, but it's encouraging seeing the midfield support the attack, which according to many was a real issue last season.

Thought we were on top for a lot of the second half. Have to give the forwards a little slack. Omotayo only arrived on Friday with no pre-season and to me he looked knackered by half time. Lets see how we go when Hyde is back and Stenson who will be a little longer.

• Like 3
51 minutes ago, bolt45 said:

Thought we were on top for a lot of the second half. Have to give the forwards a little slack. Omotayo only arrived on Friday with no pre-season and to me he looked knackered by half time. Lets see how we go when Hyde is back and Stenson who will be a little longer.

Omotayo battled hard against two CB's & was much left to his own devices, he needed a little more close support, does this sound familiar:huh:

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Roy Race said:

Omotayo battled hard against two CB's & was much left to his own devices, he needed a little more close support, does this sound familiar:huh:

Yes, that's why we bought Hyde and Stenson.

1 minute ago, ITMAN said:

Yes, that's why we bought Hyde and Stenson.

But not available, felt Allen should have been the foil for Omotayo but he was playing quite wide for most of the game, Allen played well enough as did Omotayo but the pairing didn't fully work. Yes I know it was forced on us.

• Like 1

it's a shame allen isn't a striker he had a chance last night from a flick on..he had the pace on his man but tried to take it forward instead of just having a shot..needs to learn abit more...still think hes a really good player

Not a great fan of Allen in the starting eleven. He flatters to deceive. Too often there is no end product in that he goes down a blind alley, fails to put a decent ball into the box or produces a weak finish. 

Best as an impact player against a tiring defence or when we have a lead and the opposition are chasing the game.

2 hours ago, bolt45 said:

Agreed, we had 2 very good opportunities (probably the best opportunities of the game) as well as Summerfield's 2 long range efforts.  We were on top for most of the second half but were undone by a wonder strike.  Draw would have been fair.

It wasn't a brilliant performance, but we did more than enough for a point in my opinion.

Johnson could have done better with the first goal but he's still as good as any keeper at this level and produced 3 good saves to keep us in it.  More than happy with him in goals.

Edited by never_shay_die

I can imagine a strike partnership of Gold and Hyde would work well or Stenson and Hyde. 

Once we get one or two of them back we should be fine as that’s what we are missing. We lacked creativity last season and now it seems we have it in abundance so we need good finishers and atm we don’t have that. 

This team has come on leaps and bounds already so I would expect it to only get better from here. 

Gold is a brute and I think that when he is fully match fit he will be handful for any defence, something we have not had for a while. This will be a big advantage when we play big physical teams, when we will not be bullied. Gold also came back to defend corners like Denton used to do which gave us added height and muscle. Two games in 4 days is a big ask without a pre-season, so I'm not surprised he was blowing out of his @rse after half time. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, quizmaster said:

Gold is a brute and I think that when he is fully match fit he will be handful for any defence, something we have not had for a while. This will be a big advantage when we play big physical teams, when we will not be bullied. Gold also came back to defend corners like Denton used to do which gave us added height and muscle. Two games in 4 days is a big ask without a pre-season, so I'm not surprised he was blowing out of his @rse after half time. 

He made some very good touches and flick ons hope we sign him.

3 hours ago, Hands Off The Shay said:

Not a great fan of Allen in the starting eleven. He flatters to deceive. Too often there is no end product in that he goes down a blind alley, fails to put a decent ball into the box or produces a weak finish. 

Best as an impact player against a tiring defence or when we have a lead and the opposition are chasing the game.

He's worse than Josh McDonald then?

27 minutes ago, StrandedH said:

Stockport fan in peace here. You can't fault your keeper for our winner, here it is from another angle. He wasn't stopping that.

I thought he should have caught it and started a counter attack;)

• Haha 1
41 minutes ago, StrandedH said:

Stockport fan in peace here. You can't fault your keeper for our winner, here it is from another angle. He wasn't stopping that.

Thats a hell of a goal!!! If Harry Kane scored that, the MoD lot would be wetting themselves. Not a keeper in the world getting that.

12 minutes ago, eddie said:

I thought he should have caught it and started a counter attack;)

You may suggest that tongue in cheek some on here actually believe it:rolleyes:

Cracking goal but doubt he will ever repeat it, if he can he will not be in N L for long.

56 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

You may suggest that tongue in cheek some on here actually believe it:rolleyes:

Cracking goal but doubt he will ever repeat it, if he can he will not be in N L for long.

He's scored quite a few crackers in his five years with us. None that perfectly struck but not a million miles away. Not his first time hitting one with his left foot either.

On 10/7/2020 at 9:41 PM, nw3casc1 said:

We had a lad like him...you may have heard of him.. J vardy..

I've covered the Vardy thing on here before:

"Just to set the record straight on the whole Vardy thing we were originally going to sign him before he went to you in the summer of 2010, there was a deal agreed that he came to Edgeley Park to sign. Paul Simpson came in as manager and sent him packing as he didn't know who he was, then he signed for you. The whole Ryan Lowe, Jamie Vardy derisory offers nonsense was when the people running the club let someone in from outside who came with big promises of cash but it never surfaced. He was the one who made out like we were going to sign him from you. Most County fans were embarrassed by that whole saga and somewhat remain so to this day. Rumours exist to this day that he was connected with Stephen Vaughan so we dodged a bullet in the end. Probably best for Vardy that he never came near the absolute basket case Stockport County was at that time."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1