Stockport County (away) WLD

WLD?   

84 members have voted

1. 1. Result

• Win
    • Draw
    • Lose

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/06/2020 at 04:30 PM

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We matched them all game, at no point did I think we’re in trouble here. At no point did I think there’s a goal coming against us here, we get beaten   In the air which opens us up for the first, just

Deserved something from that game. Unlucky not to take the lead again and a worldie the difference, couldn’t do much with that

I really must be watching different games to the rest of you I don't recall Town being on top last night and every time Stockport moved forward they looked dangerous. Our forwards need to work so muc

Posted Images

Unlucky tonight, could have got something out of that game. 

Its actually a nice change reading the other teams messageboards and hearing good things about the Halifax side rather than negatives which I've mainly seen over the last few years even after a win. 

A good performance overall but we needed ro score when on top 2nd half and Jeff King missed a big chance.

Could have got a draw on another night, but our subs didn't really work and despite their hard work the front 2 didnt get any real chances.

I've read much about Thomas wonder goal but imo Johnson should do better. At 6'7 you should not be getting beaten by a shot from that angle, top corner or not.

We leave Edgley park tonight with real hope moving fwd, something we didn't do last season.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, greygoose said:

A good performance overall but we needed ro score when on top 2nd half and Jeff King missed a big chance.

Could have got a draw on another night, but our subs didn't really work and despite their hard work the front 2 didnt get any real chances.

I've read much about Thomas wonder goal but imo Johnson should do better. At 6'7 you should not be getting beaten by a shot from that angle, top corner or not.

We leave Edgley park tonight with real hope moving fwd, something we didn't do last season.

Did you see the goal?!

14 minutes ago, greygoose said:

I question Johnson a lot and think we could do better than him but no way was he stopping that tonight 

1 minute ago, TJAshton said:

I question Johnson a lot and think we could do better than him but no way was he stopping that tonight 

Could do better than him, why? You will mention distribution, if he was perfect in every way he wouldn't be in this league. Excellent keeper for the level we are at and i wouldn't swap him for another keeper in this league. Made some big saves again tonight. 

• Like 2
50 minutes ago, hunsworthhound said:

One good thing about this live streaming is we don't  get posters on here slating the team when they havn't  seen then in years. 

Good point

remember the Viking index based on brief highlights alone :doh:

Thought we played well, A good watch despite the loss, lots of positives to take out of the game. Summerfield looks class, King was great too. Full of energy.

only negative for me was Omatayo who seemed to watch the game go by for most of the match.

As mentioned will be good to see Hyde back from injury.

Edited by Grayski
5 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

Could do better than him, why? You will mention distribution, if he was perfect in every way he wouldn't be in this league. Excellent keeper for the level we are at and i wouldn't swap him for another keeper in this league. Made some big saves again tonight. 

There really isnt a need for his distribution to be bad though. He always has options to roll out or go short but he seems insistent to go long. 

Like you say he wont be perfect. But we have the midfield players this year who can take the ball and we are missing a trick if he doesnt use them  

Disappointed but encouraged tonight. At times we looked very good. Just lacked a bit of steel up front.

Earring showed his lack of experience when he was shown some space to run into but then quickly closed down. Allen had the pace to beat the man , but Earring didn’t. Big lesson learnt.

Likewise for Allen’s chance. Should have blasted it with plenty of venom, instead tried to stroke it home and gave the keeper an easy save.

Stockport were contained and didn’t deserve their goal, but another lesson in leaving a player in space on the edge of the area.

Summerfield great again. Defensively we looked good. King and Williams not as assured, but two games in four days is hard in their roles.

Roll on the next match.

• Like 2
35 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

I never really question Johnson tbh but thought he should have done better with both goals.

Watch where Thomas strikes it from, it's a few yards outside the corner of the box. Yes he hits it hard but its the near post and comes from a long way out, Sam probably wasnt expecting it but thats not the point.

disappointed with the result but we matched one of the favourites it was a even game and could of gone either way..it needed a brilliant strike to win the game..we dominated dagenham and matched stockport so I'm still very confident we can do something this season

• Like 1
8 hours ago, shaymenRup said:

Disappointed but encouraged tonight. At times we looked very good. Just lacked a bit of steel up front.

Earring showed his lack of experience when he was shown some space to run into but then quickly closed down. Allen had the pace to beat the man , but Earring didn’t. Big lesson learnt.

Likewise for Allen’s chance. Should have blasted it with plenty of venom, instead tried to stroke it home and gave the keeper an easy save.

Stockport were contained and didn’t deserve their goal, but another lesson in leaving a player in space on the edge of the area.

Summerfield great again. Defensively we looked good. King and Williams not as assured, but two games in four days is hard in their roles.

Roll on the next match.

It wasn’t Allen breaking with Earing, it was the lad from Oldham who didn’t appear to want the ball, hence Earing got caught by Minion or whatever he was called, he was Stockports standout player for me.

• Like 1

We matched the league favourite and was on top for a long time and they win by a screamer, their keeper saves what was actually a better shot from Summerfield & King rattles the bar on the 2 showings we have had we will be up there at the end of the season, we just need that bit of luck with injuries. Nobody has really given credit to Earing for persisting and keeping the ball in to score, nobody would have got to that last season.

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

We matched the league favourite and was on top for a long time and they win by a screamer, their keeper saves what was actually a better shot from Summerfield & King rattles the bar on the 2 showings we have had we will be up there at the end of the season, we just need that bit of luck with injuries. Nobody has really given credit to Earing for persisting and keeping the ball in to score, nobody would have got to that last season.

I really must be watching different games to the rest of you :) I don't recall Town being on top last night and every time Stockport moved forward they looked dangerous. Our forwards need to work so much better together, a lack of movement and a reluctance to pass was forcing players to act individually and try take on the entire defence. We made it easy for them to snuff out any threat. We scored from a fluke albeit some good work was put in to get into that position in the first place, you're right about that, but we were otherwise restricted to solo efforts from distance. A couple of great efforts, mind. Stockport in contrast put several dangerous balls into our 6-yard area, were given room to pass and move, and with better finishing could easily have scored a couple more than they did.

Town look a useful side with a lot of promise. The forwards need to work together much more, but it's encouraging seeing the midfield support the attack, which according to many was a real issue last season.

• Like 3

We appear to have black & white views of the match on here & I agree with most of your points. We did have them rocking at the start of the second half but did not score the goals we may have deserved & let them back into the game.

Plenty to work on but with a virtually new team I expected that, injuries have not helped the cause but there is cause for optimism.

Suggest Earing should have a little more praise, two goals & 90min non stop performances from a standing start bodes well for the future, plenty to learn but worth persevering with.

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, hunsworthhound said:

Give the team some slack both our first choice  striker out and over the game three players up gront who met each other last week.

All I’m seeing is people giving the team praise for their efforts last night and they deserved it. All worked hard last night!