Jump to content

Dagenham Game .. back to the football


Recommended Posts

Yesterday’s game 

was really impressed with the team tactics and formation 

after a stop start preseason many people were worried about how things were going to go 

well hopefully those will be breathing a little easier 

back three looked solid . Won everything in the air . Played with composure . .. not just hoofing the ball away 

wing backs both king and Williams were really good yesterday .. hope they continue to build on that good work 

middle field 3 .. were classy .. foot on the ball making simple passes .. but also mixing it up .. no headless chickens .. controlled football 

final front two .. new to the team but slotted in incredibly well full of energy and worked well even if one or two first touches let them down that is down to being a little rusty 

so promising and with players Maher Stenson and Hyde to come back we can only get better 

obviously may be the opposition was poor but our next three games will be a real test .. but I go into these games with some hope 

nick 

 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

An impressive display and pleased with our improved fitness so much better than the levels we showed last season which culminated when we literally ran out of puff against Boreham Wood , so we’ll done to PW in highlighting that as an issue.

A little disappointed with the amount of possession we surrendered to D&R in the second half so pleased we had what appears to be a much more mobile defence this year.

So a satisfactory start and with a proven goal scorer to return it looks as though we’re in for an interesting season.

Now it’s on to Stockport which promises to be a real test particularly after their defeat at Torquay !

Link to post
Share on other sites

PW was right about the pressure being on Stockport on Tuesday night.  They've spent alot of money, all I've seen on twitter from their fans is they are going to p*ss this league etc and came back to earth with a bump against Torquay. They will get at us early doors,keep it tight and we will be ok. Would definitely happy coming away with a point

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

PW was right about the pressure being on Stockport on Tuesday night.  They've spent alot of money, all I've seen on twitter from their fans is they are going to p*ss this league etc and came back to earth with a bump against Torquay. They will get at us early doors,keep it tight and we will be ok. Would definitely happy coming away with a point

got to beat Cheadle dumb.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PRS said:

An impressive display and pleased with our improved fitness so much better than the levels we showed last season which culminated when we literally ran out of puff against Boreham Wood , so we’ll done to PW in highlighting that as an issue.

A little disappointed with the amount of possession we surrendered to D&R in the second half so pleased we had what appears to be a much more mobile defence this year.

So a satisfactory start and with a proven goal scorer to return it looks as though we’re in for an interesting season.

Now it’s on to Stockport which promises to be a real test particularly after their defeat at Torquay !

Anyone still missing Brown?

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

According to the bookies, D & R are no mugs. They're sixth favourites to win the league at 12-1 with several online betting companies. So unpredictable, however, forecasting the fortunes of teams of this level as many of them have completely new squads at the start of each year. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

Liked Tom Scargill's write up, thought he summed things up very well for a local hack

https://www.halifaxcourier.co.uk/sport/football/match-verdict-fc-halifax-town-2-0-dagenham-and-redbridge-2991911

"Town are in HD whilst Dagenham are buffering" love that Thomas and all those long car journeys down South listening to my learned observations are paying off 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Should be a great game on Tuesday.

We have a point to prove after getting absolutely tonked there last season!

They have a point to prove after losing their first game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Ash said:

Should be a great game on Tuesday.

We have a point to prove after getting absolutely tonked there last season!

They have a point to prove after losing their first game.

Yes, it will be an excellent yardstick to see how far we have progressed since the dark days of last December

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, chadders said:

"Town are in HD whilst Dagenham are buffering" love that Thomas and all those long car journeys down South listening to my learned observations are paying off 

Chadders you should get your name down as sub-reporter, as well as copyrighting your jokes/observations

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Without getting carried away twas a decent first game and despite lacking our two first choice strikers we looked to have a better shape and balance. Nay marshalled the defence and was a rock and Bradbury and Byrne did their jobs well and looked comfortable bringing the ball out of defence and looked for a teammate rather than hoof the ball forward. Both wingbacks got up and down the pitch well and were good at both ends especially King in the first half. Midfield dominant with Summerfield pulling the strings and Woods; dare I say after one game; looking Michael Collins esq and young Earing full of energy and running and took his goal well. The two new lads upfront worked hard but obviously tired as the game progressed. Fully fit PW looks to have assembled a decent squad and we move onto Stockport.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

A very fair and balanced report of the game.

Agreed, very balanced. To be fair, we never looked like losing as we looked stronger all over the pitch.

Stockport might be in for a shock!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...