WLD  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Result

• Win
    • Draw
    • Loss

This poll is closed to new votes

10 minutes ago, andrich said:

I must admit that I wasn’t impressed with either of the 2 new forwards. But they have only just signed (I wonder if they played as trialists?) so let’s give them time. However, impressive first game. Another 43 like that and we won’t be far off!

Pretty sure Gevaro was the lad who scored against Fleetwood

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, I'm going to be one of the first to apologise to FCHT, I just didnt see that coming but full marks to everyone involved because it was bloody great. And I actually quite liked the streaming as w

just been looking at league table on bbc web site and we are 10th..a win today could see us go top if other results go our way so we need a win

T  

1 minute ago, TommyH72 said:

J.King my MoM closely followed by Earing & Summerfield, Jeff just let himself down with the obligitory Yellow. But It wouldnt be Jeff if he didnt get one??

To be fair it was a little harsh for a minor offence.

Kings Lynn against Yeovil on BT at the moment. Staunton positioned on Cameron King, Southwell starting and Ross Barrows on the bench. 

Alex Brown the Kings Lynn left back looks a player 

12 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

Like I said... no middle ground.

Look, if Town's performance today is streets ahead of anything you saw last season, then I'm putting cash on us to walk this league. It's that simple. People are getting caught up in the win, which is absolutely fair enough, but you can bet your arse that many of the same people - you first and foremost - will be utterly critical after a future, unlucky one nil defeat.

Last season we were poor after that first but of the season where we started off well. 

I really won’t. If they play poor then I’ll say it but today they deserve every credit I thought we were brilliant. A very professional performance. How you thought that was average is beyond me it really is you can tell as you’re the only one on here who thought that. 

4 minutes ago, ewalsh said:

Kings Lynn against Yeovil on BT at the moment. Staunton positioned on Cameron King, Southwell starting and Ross Barrows on the bench. 

A strange thing to get #AMF about maybe but having a human being behind the main camera on this game is so much better and all. Didn’t enjoy the lackadaisical whirring at the Shay (and apparently elsewhere), not right. 

Hoping for a slender Yeovil victory. We can’t have Vera setting this league alight.

34 minutes ago, AJS said:

Pretty sure Gevaro was the lad who scored against Fleetwood

I thought Gevaro was assassinated in Bolivia by the CIA.

Or maybe he did score against Fleetwood? My memory is not what it used to be.

1 hour ago, ewalsh said:

Same old same old, King off after 69mins

1 hour ago, ewalsh said:

Isn't Alex Brown the player we didn't sign from Buxton ?

2 hours ago, 154 Hopper Avenue said:

Much better distribution from the back. Made a big difference. The team created more space and used it well.
Probably not the first choice 11 and some very recent recruits. A very positive start.

Big Sam was poor with distribution IMHO

Thought it was a good performance and a deserved victory as we were the better team.

D&R were really poor imo but maybe we made them look so? Normally teams chasing the game have a spell of pressure but it never happened.

Thought the wing backs and central midfielders were very busy and the back 3 mainly untroubled.

Not sure about the 2 lads upfront buts its early days for them and 1 wont play when Hydes fit. Jamie Allen should have started really, Nep is a wide man but didnt look that quick to me.

Think we'll need to be as good if not better to get anything at Stockport, but overall very pleased.

Edited by greygoose

I think you could tell the front 2 were new and not fit.

Good solid game. They have 2 very good strikers and they didn’t get a sniff. We controlled the game, played good football and looked comfortable.

Big test Tuesday

Sam - nothing to do apart from a couple of shots straight at him

Bradbury - class made the game look easy

Clarke - captain fantastic

Byrne - class particularly taking the ball forward

King - brilliant first half , 2nd a little quieter but very good 

Williams - solid with good defence and cross delivery

Woods - industrious but not as cohesive as the others

Summerfield - MotM didn’t miss a blade of grass - outstanding

Earring - composed, dangerous and every good move had his involvement. Targeted by D&G at times, but won plenty of freekicks

Gevaro - quieter of the front two but did okay

Omotayo - won plenty of headers, held the ball up well , should have scored but skied it over when well placed.

subs

Green - got stuck in, played well

Allen - his pace was a danger and he had some good moves

Benn - great to see the local lad make his home League debut.

Overall we never looked in danger. Effective in defence. Would like to see more of the movement that led to the second goal.

Well worth the £9.99 more of the same please.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, vinnyweknuts said:

Big Sam was poor with distribution IMHO

I actually thought it looked like he'd worked on it a bit. Much better with long throws to the wing rather than kicking and looking for the sort pass at times . His long kicking still isn't great though.

Honestly quite impressed. Didn’t look too pressured at any level. Like woods, king looked mega-sharp and summerfield looked class too. Very level headed. Given my memories of ‘gold’ playing against us i think a top signing, seem to remember he bullied us at home last year. Streaming was hilarious....hey ho.  

45 minutes ago, Greggs said:

What struck me today (early days of course) but we seem to have composure in the middle of the park. Something we really haven't had for a huge amount of time.

Totally agree, people have focused on other areas that needed improving but I'm so glad Wild addressed the middle of the park.

With all respect to the players we had in there last season they didn't have the ability to retain possession or make foward passes. Its early days but clearly better than last season in that position.

Very good all round team performance. No weak links. Not getting carried away but really enjoyed the match. Always looked comfortable and controlled the game. Only criticism thought we should have scored earlier.