• Loss

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, I'm going to be one of the first to apologise to FCHT, I just didnt see that coming but full marks to everyone involved because it was bloody great. And I actually quite liked the streaming as w

just been looking at league table on bbc web site and we are 10th..a win today could see us go top if other results go our way so we need a win

T  

This has defeat written all over it! Last season no planning and we started brilliantly. This season PW is gushing about his own team so 0-3. Hope I’m completely wrong, an emphatic 5-0 would tell us the team is strong and solid for the challenges ahead.

1 hour ago, Redcard said:

This has defeat written all over it! Last season no planning and we started brilliantly. This season PW is gushing about his own team so 0-3. Hope I’m completely wrong, an emphatic 5-0 would tell us the team is strong and solid for the challenges ahead.

All I've been reading about from PW is about "Going the extra mile"??? He must have used that phrase a thousand times now. Well if this season doesnt go well he'll be doing more than a mile, he'll be hiking back to Oldham!!

5 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

All I've been reading about from PW is about "Going the extra mile"??? He must have used that phrase a thousand times now. Well if this season doesnt go well he'll be doing more than a mile, he'll be hiking back to Oldham!!

let's hope it works for him and us and we can hike to league 2

31 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

Matthew Brown also inserted it deliberately into his valedictory message the other week.

Edited by themanwhowasntthere

Team sheet for today’s match

Sam

Bradbury, Maher, Byrne - centre halves

King, Williams - wing backs

Summerfield, Green, Earing - midfield

Hyde, Allen - strikers

Wood, Tear, Benn, RNL, New Keeper - Subs

Senior, Clark, Stenson - Injured/not picked

thoughts......

I notice that they are 3rd favourites in the league, with Stockport the favourites to come in the week this is quite a difficult start for the boys. But if your going to play these teams it’s possibly better early on in the season when they are still settling down as well. More than anything we need the defence to get it together quickly and look solid, no team has achieved anything with a leaky defence. The open expansive attacking football can come next month, for now I think we need to be solid and build a solid start to the season. 1-0 will do today anything else is a bonus.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Withowram said:

Sam

Hyde, Allen - strikers

thoughts......

That’s what I’d go with. Wouldn’t have Clarke in the team. Too slow for me personally. 

id love is to play a 4-3-3 formation think it would work brilliantly. 

Johnson 

Maher      Bradbury       Byrne        Williams 

Summerfield Green Earing 

Allen                      Hyde                   Tear

20 minutes ago, Withowram said:

Sam

Hyde, Allen - strikers

thoughts......

No way Clarke won't play unless he's injured. He'll slot into the middle centre back slot as usual. Other than that, i don't think you will be too far off. Potentially one or two new signings to be announced last minute that might change things

15 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

That’s what I’d go with. Wouldn’t have Clarke in the team. Too slow for me personally. 

id love is to play a 4-3-3 formation think it would work brilliantly. 

Johnson 

Maher      Bradbury       Byrne        Williams 

Summerfield Green Earing 

Allen                      Hyde                   Tear

We should definitely be playing a 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 at home. Such a big pitch that suits wingers. Think the wingbacks will be hinderance personally

1 minute ago, AJS said:

We should definitely be playing a 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 at home. Such a big pitch that suits wingers. Think the wingbacks will be hinderance personally

I find the formation we play so defensive and boring. I’d understand if we didn’t concede many but we do. 

Think we are wasting players if we don’t play 4-3-3 or 4231 especially at home on our massive pitch. Wild would be happy with a draw today. 

Wild loves wings backs, personally dont mind it but i think you need really good full backs and pace in the back 3, I'm not sure we have either.

To me it had run its course last season after a positive spell of results. That said we have new players and have to trust Wild.

3 minutes ago, greygoose said:

Wild loves wings backs, personally dont mind it but i think you need really good full backs and pace in the back 3, I'm not sure we have either.

To me it had run its course last season after a positive spell of results. That said we have new players and have to trust Wild.

We don’t have either. A back 3 of Bradbury, Clarke and Byrne will be up there in the slowest back line on the league. 

4 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

We don’t have either. A back 3 of Bradbury, Clarke and Byrne will be up there in the slowest back line on the league. 

I would agree, Brown got criticised last season for being caught for pace, in fairness to him he was being dragged out left as part of a back 3.

I think you can get get away with the middle player not being quick (probably be Clarke) but not the other 2. Hopefully Maher starts as he's pretty mobile tbf.

• Like 1

Worried about the injuries and lack of firepower up front. Not sure if I think Allen is a striker or not so if not I can't see us troubling their keeper much. I hope we can get a point but fear that we may not based upon the way PW has started with the excuses already. At least we have a good record against them over the last three seasons.

Forgetting about the dreadful weather, does anyone know what condition the pitch is in. After all, there has been no competitive football on it for a long time. 

(all this is code for 'have rugby knacked the pitch recently?'... I'm out of touch)