Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Erik has claimed that I have hacked his phone to prevent him mentioning the forum's name on his Facebook account, and has apparently told a few other supporters about this.

First of all, I'm not even sure that's possible, and even if it were, I have a zillion things I'd much rather do than waste my fooking time dealing with prats like him who can dish out thinly-veiled threats of violence but then squeal like a little baby when they're asked to play nicely.

Secondly, to clear the situation up, Erik has been banned from the site. I try not to comment on things like this but here goes. Erik received a warning for the following post:

It wasn't his first, therefore the warning points he received triggered a temporary suspension. Erik refused to acknowledge the warning and was thus restricted from posting. Eight weeks later he still hadn't acknowledged it and was banned.

This situation is entirely his own doing, all he needed to do was click or press a bloody button.

I genuinely don't care what people think about me, it's one of my best points I think. I'll argue the toss with someone all day long, then the day after have a drinking session with them. I don't hold grudges and I never have - life's too short and people are too batshit crazy.

We should all remember that this site is free to use and open for everyone, but there's no divine right to use it. There's nothing in the Magna Carta that says the rest of us have to let people piss about, threaten other users and generally stink up the place with their behaviour. There are rules albeit we don't visit them all that often. It's human nature to push back when you're asked to moderate your behaviour, I get that, but at the end of the day nobody cares if you swallow your pride, click a button, and move on with your life. Even if you think it's unfair. The alternative is that you'll end up excluded and it'll be your own fault.

That's it.

So now you know, tread carefully otherwise Master Hacker Holroyd is coming after your phone. :D

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you have ruined the season Hoddie, who is going to pick the team for PW :D, and tell us how the team play and who we need to sign, also who's going to react to every post I make to try and have a dig at me. Hoddie be careful the boys from Leeds will be over to sort you out:lol:

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hoddie said:

Erik has claimed that I have hacked his phone to prevent him mentioning the forum's name on his Facebook account, and has apparently told a few other supporters about this.

Wtf!? :D

How would that even work - you’d have to somehow have access to both his phone provider and facebooks backend to be able to do that would’t you? 
Less plausible than organised religion! 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Flea said:

Wtf!? :D

How would that even work - you’d have to somehow have access to both his phone provider and facebooks backend to be able to do that would’t you? 
Less plausible than organised religion! 

You could change his phone's dictionary to swap 'shaymen.net' into a NULL character or something, but I have zero idea how to do that remotely. And I could think of several better uses for the ability if I did have it!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

You could change his phone's dictionary to swap 'shaymen.net' into a NULL character or something, but I have zero idea how to do that remotely. And I could think of several better uses for the ability if I did have it!

Assuming you could and have done it though - the end result would be what exactly? You have the power to just press delete on his account at any time, so why go to the trouble of hacking it and stopping him from mentioning the place elsewhere?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Flea said:

Assuming you could and have done it though - the end result would be what exactly? You have the power to just press delete on his account at any time, so why go to the trouble of hacking it and stopping him from mentioning the place elsewhere?

 

I have no clue. Apparently I installed name sensitive malware onto his Facebook account.

tenor.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites

Quite a few now ridiculing Erik after this post. (Some would say behind his back, where he cannot now defend himself). I've known Erik for at least 40 years and know him to be a decent lad. I've also seen much worse said on here over time without a ban being put in place. Surely any ban should have been for a certain length of time then removed and he be allowed back? Give him another chance. We can all be stubborn. He isn't good in his health and is a town fan through and through.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

To be fair to Erik, who i dont know,he is right in what he says. Too many people like to insult people personally behind a phone/computer screen yet would never say it to someone in person. However there shouldn't be any need for threats or personal abuse especially if you wouldn't say it face to face. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, crowtherjcbravo said:

Quite a few now ridiculing Erik after this post. (Some would say behind his back, where he cannot now defend himself). I've known Erik for at least 40 years and know him to be a decent lad. I've also seen much worse said on here over time without a ban being put in place. Surely any ban should have been for a certain length of time then removed and he be allowed back? Give him another chance. We can all be stubborn. He isn't good in his health and is a town fan through and through.

His original suspension was for 12 hours. After that he was free to post if he simply acknowledged (not even accepted) the warning. He himself chose not to do so. I'm supposed to give him a second chance after his claim to have spread bullshit about me? Would you?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, crowtherjcbravo said:

Like u said he isn't the first to do it on here and won't be the last. Why have the ones that ruin posts by bringing constant politics into posts not been banned? It is a football forum afterall. 

No, I said it wasn't his first warning for threats.

Link to post
Share on other sites

In fairness, I honestly don’t know who Erik is. As in, I may know him but don’t know him via his user name on here. Theres lots of fans who I know but don’t know their user names. I’m assuming Erik Everard isn’t his actual name. 

For all the faults that can be thrown at Hoddie - and me and him have gone at it countless times over the years - threats are not something he resorts to. Nor is it something that is needed. 
 

I actually agree with Hoddie’s action here as I know the damage of fake and malicious rumours that users on here spread. 

Edited by Flea
Link to post
Share on other sites

Think his comments were aimed at me, I've know him for many years  we used to stand together down Shay and now and then go round town for a few drinks with the rest of my mates ,and he went on my stag do and came to my wedding. He's not aggressive and the comment he made didn't offend me, it made me smile . 

Edited by eddie
Spelling
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Good riddance 

He used to go on a bit anyway so I speed read or ignored his posts

and you do right Hoddie, it’s a football forum. We all have opinions but taking it to threats is wrong.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, chadders said:

Tend to agree that some people have said similar / worse on here but hey ho shame he's not posting as one of his posts was quite insightful.

One of? 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Always worry about banning anybody but ironically I blocked Erik a couple of months back as I felt he had posted a few things towards me that I thought were over the line ... didn’t used to be that way .. but the trend was in the wrong direction 

I hope to see him back sooner rather than later .. we all get it wrong sometimes but an acknowledgement and then move on is all that is needed 

with the season starting tomorrow hope to see him back and talking football as thats why we are here isn’t it 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Nick said:

Always worry about banning anybody but ironically I blocked Erik a couple of months back as I felt he had posted a few things towards me that I thought were over the line ... didn’t used to be that way .. but the trend was in the wrong direction 

I hope to see him back sooner rather than later .. we all get it wrong sometimes but an acknowledgement and then move on is all that is needed 

with the season starting tomorrow hope to see him back and talking football as thats why we are here isn’t it 

The irony being he'd see as much as us now to base his drivel... sorry,comments....B)

Edited by eddies mate
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds to me like he could easily have just acknowledged his warning and got back to posting. So he's already been given a chance to keep posting, I don't really see what else Hoddie is expected to do. The forum rules are clear - I've never had to consider how the warnings work as I've never had one but they are very clear as to how the process works, should someone be given one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Flea said:

Wtf!? :D

How would that even work - you’d have to somehow have access to both his phone provider and facebooks backend to be able to do that would’t you? 
Less plausible than organised religion! 

Jason Bourne can do it....

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

Jason Bourne can do it....

I know how to do it tbf, however knowing how to do it and being able to do it is two different things. As is being able to do it and actually doing it. 
The risk to Hoddie (or anyone else) to even attempt to do something like this would simply not be worth it. If Hoddie was smart enough to know how to do it too, then he would surely be using software to stop his victim knowing who it was. 
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Flea said:

I know how to do it tbf, however knowing how to do it and being able to do it is two different things. As is being able to do it and actually doing it. 
The risk to Hoddie (or anyone else) to even attempt to do something like this would simply not be worth it. If Hoddie was smart enough to know how to do it too, then he would surely be using software to stop his victim knowing who it was. 
 

As well as working for the CIA and earning megabucks

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Hoddie locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...