Streaming - Success or Not

Do you think we will have more people streaming the Daggers game than we would expect to have had in the ground?   

89 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think we will have more people streaming the Daggers game than we would expect to have had in the ground?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure

1 hour ago, Hands Off The Shay said:

I'm not sure the majority of home fans will have watched it. We know Flea didn't and my mate who is a season ticket holder didn't. Not a large sample but it does make me wonder especially when our fan base is at the older end and many probably couldn't be bothered even when there were instructions which were fairly easy to follow. I think a lot of people just go to the Shay to meet up with their mates and watch a live game of football.

I believe only 1 person out of all that normally watch in my box streamed the game yesterday. At least 3 of us went to a game instead. 

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's crazy unfair but lines have to be drawn somewhere. You're not supposed to visit your gran because doing so puts her at increased risk. You're allowed to carry on working because, well, socie

I’d say so seeing as the only one that doesn’t seem to think it was a success is someone who didn’t watch it.

If they iron out the first timer glitches I'll be happy to pay a tenner.  Not because i think it is great value but because i want to watch my team and financially support them at the same time.  If i

It will be interesting to see how DB pitches the alternatives to season ticket holders next week. I would go for a streaming pass for the season and a refund which would probably cover the cost of streaming the away games then buy a season ticket for next season. Some will choose to carry forward their season ticket to next season which is just kicking the can down the road for the club. Some will choose to just write off this year's season ticket and buy again next season. Some will ask for a refund. When the dust has settled we need the club to be straight with us as I think we will need some fund raising initiatives to avoid going further into the red.

4 hours ago, Che Bentos said:

Albeit at 8am in the morning! :) 

He gets up early....especially when the Shaymen are involved. This week he was watching progress via Twitter while on holiday in a very wet Cancun, with me relaying things via WhatsApp 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

He gets up early....especially when the Shaymen are involved. This week he was watching progress via Twitter while on holiday in a very wet Cancun, with me relaying things via WhatsApp 

Better than watching the Bronco’s tbf

9 minutes ago, Flea said:

Better than watching the Bronco’s tbf

True, he follows baseball more the the NFL. Although he now has American citizenship, he was a late mover to the States, in his early 40's after 22 years in the Army, so he was never really hooked on American Football. He follows Liverpool and the Shaymen.

5 hours ago, Flea said:

I believe only 1 person out of all that normally watch in my box streamed the game yesterday. At least 3 of us went to a game instead. 

Only because you didn’t invite me!

• Sad 1
7 hours ago, ITMAN said:

True, he follows baseball more the the NFL. Although he now has American citizenship, he was a late mover to the States, in his early 40's after 22 years in the Army, so he was never really hooked on American Football. He follows Liverpool and the Shaymen.

Well at least The Shaymen didn't let him down this weekend! 

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, Che Bentos said:

Well at least The Shaymen didn't let him down this weekend! 

Yes, there were some very weird results this weekend. Liverpool getting a beating and then Leicester, conquerors of Man City last week, go and lose at home 3-0 to West Ham. Must be a nightmare for the bookies to try and keep a handle on.

• Like 1

Is the system open to abuse? i.e. multiple people can use the same code to access the game? Hopefully nobody is cheating the system/club but maybe something to try combat when the club launches its own platform?

28 minutes ago, Bubba said:

Is the system open to abuse? i.e. multiple people can use the same code to access the game? Hopefully nobody is cheating the system/club but maybe something to try combat when the club launches its own platform?

Pretty sure I've seen its only 1 login per code.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, greygoose said:

Pretty sure I've seen its only 1 login per code.

In my case, I have 2 S/T's so got 2 codes. I used one and sent the other to my brother to use. No abuse going on here....

I do like Eddie and his friends way of dealing with it, in the spirit of "all for one and one for all....."

4 hours ago, Bubba said:

Not a season ticket holder, but I paid for the streaming. I logged in on my smart TV (not easy) then tried to switch to my iPad. When I logged in on my iPad the stream on the TV stopped automatically and was logged out.

• Like 1

I together with a few others , Never received the streaming, code etc even though I registered on Friday and paid the 9.99.

I thought something was odd when I received no acknowledge of payment etc. I looked into getting a refund via the  Dagenham Platform as I attach no blame to the Shaymen, but it would easier contacting Lord Lucan.  I might as well drop it as both clubs need all the help,they can get.

5 hours ago, Bubba said:

Due to technical issues I tried to log on via smart tv and then checked with iPhone. As soon as I did it cut the smart tv connection.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, thetalktrainer said:

I together with a few others , Never received the streaming, code etc even though I registered on Friday and paid the 9.99.

I thought something was odd when I received no acknowledge of payment etc. I looked into getting a refund via the  Dagenham Platform as I attach no blame to the Shaymen, but it would easier contacting Lord Lucan.  I might as well drop it as both clubs need all the help,they can get.

Once you paid you should have been locked in automatically without a code, you should just have had a countdown clock and if you closed the connection when you went back in you would just go straight back to clock.

• Confused 1
9 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Once you paid you should have been locked in automatically without a code, you should just have had a countdown clock and if you closed the connection when you went back in you would just go straight back to clock.

Thanks for that Steve. Tried all that...got ticking down clock but at 3pm 3.10pm half time etc etc nothing.....it’s put me off streaming in the future.

3 minutes ago, thetalktrainer said:

Thanks for that Steve. Tried all that...got ticking down clock but at 3pm 3.10pm half time etc etc nothing.....it’s put me off streaming in the future.

Unfortunately ttt D&R didn´t start to stream for first 8mins approx and to be honest I logged out and back in and the game came up, I think a few just kept the clock on and streaming didn´t come up so if you had done the same you would have received it. Living where I live we have to  stream everything so used to it but have to say when it did come up the quality was very good indeed.

On 10/4/2020 at 10:01 AM, ITMAN said:

So, back to the original question, what were the number of fans, from both teams, watching the streamed game? Will there be an "official" attendance figure provided?

More than anything it is an academic exercise, as some chose not to watch, some were unable to watch due to technical issues and there were others who no doubt had more than one person watching on a single game pass. But as an indicator of how popular it is going to be it will be useful to know what the take up has been.

Believe the numbers very good but don´t think we are publishing them.

15 minutes ago, thetalktrainer said:

The site was coded to automatically load the video once it became available, but this kind of code can sometimes go wrong as it relies on JavaScript and/or a server that's aware of who has the page open. A manual refresh at kick-off time would probably have loaded the video.

• Like 1

Everyone seems to think that even though the first ten mins were lost and the camera panned away when the pen was being taken, that streaming was a success. 

That genuinely baffles me. Football isn’t a TV show, yet people who have paid to watch live football in the ground are now accepting 80 mins of a streamed match with only half the goals as being a great step forward.

£9.99 is shocking value too even if everything did work as it should. You are not even getting 2 hours of content for that, compared to other streaming sites that give you complete access to all content they have for an entire month for half the price. Roll out excuses all you want, but that is my view.

Again, not the clubs fault and I am not getting at them but I am surprised at how many people are just happy to go along with this like it is an acceptable compromise. 

35 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Believe the numbers very good but don´t think we are publishing them.

Perhaps the bookings were so good by Friday that Mr B spent on 2 new forwards !!! :)

• Like 1