Streaming - Success or Not

Do you think we will have more people streaming the Daggers game than we would expect to have had in the ground?   

89 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think we will have more people streaming the Daggers game than we would expect to have had in the ground?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure

Out of curiosity how do people think streaming will go on Saturday, will the numbers be higher than for a normal attendance? Will we get anything like 50% of the average number of Dagenham fans tuning in (700)?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's crazy unfair but lines have to be drawn somewhere. You're not supposed to visit your gran because doing so puts her at increased risk. You're allowed to carry on working because, well, socie

I’d say so seeing as the only one that doesn’t seem to think it was a success is someone who didn’t watch it.

If they iron out the first timer glitches I'll be happy to pay a tenner.  Not because i think it is great value but because i want to watch my team and financially support them at the same time.  If i

6 hours ago, ITMAN said:

Out of curiosity how do people think streaming will go on Saturday, will the numbers be higher than for a normal attendance? Will we get anything like 50% of the average number of Dagenham fans tuning in (700)?

I honestly see no reason why virtually all Dagenham supporters won't watch the game, the only reason away matches are less well attended by away supporters is time travelling and the cost, so if you can watch the match from home you will!

I for one will be watching from Norway .. for me it’s a great chance to see the team more that 2-3 times a year 

You will save the 10 pounds that it costs with 3-4  shop bought beers rather than pub bought beers and petrol money etc 

Edited by Nick

For non-season ticket holders, you can also subscribe to the game against Dagenham and Redbridge on Saturday. Please keep an eye out on our social media channels over the next 24 hours for information on how to pay and how to stream our game. Our home games will be available to stream at £9.99 per game in line with the recommended RRP.

Wonder if the club will provide a facility to pay extra to enter a half time draw or contribute to Kit's bucket ?  Not long to find out!

4 hours ago, Nick said:

I for one will be watching from Norway .. for me it’s a great chance to see the team more that 2-3 times a year 

You will save the 10 pounds that it costs with 3-4  shop bought rather than pub bought beers and petrol money etc 

Living in Norway £10 is dirt cheap it will cost you that for a packet of sweets won't it ?

For reference the attendance at the Shay last season for the corresponding fixture was:

Attendance - 1895

Home - 1821

Away - 78 

Bear in mind we had a higher number of S/T holders last season.

39 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

For reference the attendance at the Shay last season for the corresponding fixture was:

Attendance - 1895

Home - 1821

Away - 78 

Bear in mind we had a higher number of S/T holders last season.

Which will have included fair amount free U12s tickets.

Can see over 2000 watching the stream. Dagenham are a well supported team, don’t travel in numbers. Then you will get the floaters who fancy watching the 1st game. If it’s anything like the Boreham Wood game or the friendly vs Clitheroe. I can’t see many sticking around wasting £10. It’s those who have splashed out for the ST that will feel the need to sit through every home game stream. Stockport on Tuesday is a free stream. Will be a flood of goals in that game 100% 

5 minutes ago, Gavlar said:

Can see over 2000 watching the stream. Dagenham are a well supported team, don’t travel in numbers. Then you will get the floaters who fancy watching the 1st game. If it’s anything like the Boreham Wood game or the friendly vs Clitheroe. I can’t see many sticking around wasting £10. It’s those who have splashed out for the ST that will feel the need to sit through every home game stream. Stockport on Tuesday is a free stream. Will be a flood of goals in that game 100% 

What makes you say Tuesday night is a free stream 

8 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

What makes you say Tuesday night is a free stream 

Probably because Stockport have shown all pre season friendlies on their free YouTube channel.

This will not be the case for league games however, they are, like us sending codes to ST holders and charging game by game. £9.99 seemsto be the going rate.

Edited by greygoose
6 minutes ago, greygoose said:

Probably because Stockport have shown all pre season friendlies on their free YouTube channel.

This will not be the case for league games however, they are, like us sending codes to ST holders and charging game by game. £9.99 seemsto be the going rate.

Yeah thats what I thought 

1000 tops watching the stream, I reckon.

I’m working but in a way this is fine as I will come on here after the game Saturday find out how it went then decide if I’m streaming the next match based on the reviews

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Wilder Bollox said:

All buffering will be saved for when we have a throw in

I’m going to take a punt that buffering will be a major problem, however it won’t be the main gripe come Saturday Evening.

6 hours ago, Forever a Shayman said:

Living in Norway £10 is dirt cheap it will cost you that for a packet of sweets won't it ?

For a 16oz pint in a pub 

I put no, as in I think there will be less people paying than there would have been physical attendees.  However the actual number of viewers will probably be higher but I suspect for each £10 paid there will be at least two, maybe three or four watching.  I know you are not supposed to have visitors in the house but there have been plenty of rule flouters since March and I don't think this will be any different.

There could be a decent number because of the novelty value and because there have been no games for six months.  The result will have a significant bearing on the attendance at match two.

A question - will all ST holders be presumed to have watched and therefore be included in the attendance? 

The club need to hurry up now and get details out as to how non-season ticket holders can stream Saturday's game.

The more it becomes last minute there is less publicity and awareness, and therefore fewer people streaming.

39 minutes ago, Nick said:

Hope the do a down load as well fir those who can’t watch live 

but will want to watch the game later as we canter to a win :) 

BT hold the rights to air footage so any highlights would have to wait until at least the Monday after the game, if not longer. 

Now what someone could do is stick the remote record function on on their phone, then play the entire game via that, generating a copy of all the footage. From that they could edit out their own highlights or watch it back whenever they want.

Or if you cast it to your TV, you could set up a GoPro or any other recording device to record the TV screen. This would again give you a copy of the entire match and from there you could re-watch it when it suits.