Finally the end for Macclesfield?

24 minutes ago, Flea said:

How many saviours have Macc, and Bury before them, and countless other teams before them, had in the pipeline that have turned out to be smoke and mirrors?

They will need to Phoenix club themselves and start again. It's the least messy option and the one that gives them the best fighting chance away from chancers, skeletons in the closet and old hangers on that want their pound of flesh. 

Yeah that's the plan. Supposedly there was to be another re-jig of the pyramid this season with a new division under the NPL banner to even things out across the country, but that has now been postponed until next season. This is where they're expecting to have to begin again.

How bad must it feel being a team below a club who haven't even played a game and were expelled from the league. You'd have to be seriously bad! I wonder how long it will be until they actually are bottom of the table.

16 hours ago, Shaymen2008 said:

Earlier today I noticed they were two places outside the bottom four courtesy of a good goal difference.

Macc now 3rd from bottom without a ball being kicked....

They are doing a sterling job, avoiding the drop.

will it be 3 for relegation if they aren’t allowed to start the NL?

As things stand Macclesfield are to be taken over and rebuilt for 2021/22 through local businessmen, alongside the chair of their supporters’ trust, and Robbie Savage for some reason. Danny Whitaker has committed to become the manager.

Pretty relieved I’m not dealing with the moral scruples of having Robbie Savage to thank for apparently saving my club.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Pliny Harris said:

...Pretty relieved I’m not dealing with the moral scruples...

Yes, you can't really talk about moral scruples when you spend time spreading lies about people. 

Edited by Flea
1 minute ago, ITMAN said:

I wish them all the luck in the world, and at the same time welcome to the "real" world of non-league football.

I wish them no luck in the world. They never treat away fans well and I won't forget the way their players celebrated relegating us. Sod them. 

• Like 1