On 9/26/2020 at 9:27 AM, shaymandownsouff said:

Whilst I tend to agree with you, this feels harsh on people who have really stretched for a season ticket to ask them to fork out further for streaming.

Really no easy answers

So effectively we have 3 options being suggested:

• Refund cost of season ticket for those who wish. Pay for streaming. If we get to access the ground then pay on the gate (no priority)
  • Carry over cost of S/T to next season and fan pays for streaming and then pay on the gate access (keeping priority where access is limited)
  • Provide free streaming to S/T holders, with access to ground when possible. No refund and discount on next seasons S/T if required (keeping priority where access is limited)
40 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

So effectively we have 3 options being suggested:

• Refund cost of season ticket for those who wish. Pay for streaming. If we get to access the ground then pay on the gate (no priority)
  • Carry over cost of S/T to next season and fan pays for streaming and then pay on the gate access (keeping priority where access is limited)
  • Provide free streaming to S/T holders, with access to ground when possible. No refund and discount on next seasons S/T if required (keeping priority where access is limited)

I'd be happy to use streaming in lieu of my ST, but I don't live in the area. Also, I'm not sure about Option 3. There is no guarantee that we will be allowed back in the ground this season, and 23 home games x £8 per streamed game (mooted, but not definite) = £184. That's still quite a shortfall from £300. If that is roughly how it pans out, I think I'd want some kind of concession on a ST for 21/22, assuming there will be a season 21/22 for us to attend. Clearly, if it turns out that the survival of the club depends upon a few hundred quid, I would be happy to forego that £300 - c.£184 shortfall.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, themanwhowasntthere said:

I'd be happy to use streaming in lieu of my ST, but I don't live in the area. Also, I'm not sure about Option 3. There is no guarantee that we will be allowed back in the ground this season, and 23 home games x £8 per streamed game (mooted, but not definite) = £184. That's still quite a shortfall from £300. If that is roughly how it pans out, I think I'd want some kind of concession on a ST for 21/22, assuming there will be a season 21/22 for us to attend. Clearly, if it turns out that the survival of the club depends upon a few hundred quid, I would be happy to forego that £300 - c.£184 shortfall.

Does not matter where you live to get streaming tmwwt.

27 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Does not matter where you live to get streaming tmwwt.

Thanks, Steve. What I meant was that some might prefer to keep their options open in case a return to the ground becomes possible. Given the circumstances and the distance I'd need to travel to 'enjoy' the experience, I might prefer to continue streaming. Others who live locally would, presumably, prefer to retain the option of attending matches physically.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, themanwhowasntthere said:

Thanks, Steve. What I meant was that some might prefer to keep their options open in case a return to the ground becomes possible. Given the circumstances and the distance I'd need to travel to 'enjoy' the experience, I might prefer to continue streaming. Others who live locally would, presumably, prefer to retain the option of attending matches physically.

Given that by the time we might be able to watch the games live it'll be the middle of winter and freezing cold I might actually prefer to keep the live streaming and meet up in the pub after!

By the way I can't see how the pubs can be stopped from streaming the games which could be a nice money spinner for such as the Courtyard and Royal Oak.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Hands Off The Shay said:

Given that by the time we might be able to watch the games live it'll be the middle of winter and freezing cold I might actually prefer to keep the live streaming and meet up in the pub after!

By the way I can't see how the pubs can be stopped from streaming the games which could be a nice money spinner for such as the Courtyard and Royal Oak.

Usually commercial businesses have to pay a higher fee or can be prosecuted if reported showing the stream.

• Thanks 1

One of the things also to be taken into consideration is the situation when access back into the Shay begins.

If this is to be for limited numbers, say 1000, will the club still be offering streaming on demand for those who a) do not have a S/T or b)those who have not been able to get a ticket. I am hopeful that if we had a limit at the start of fans being allowed back in that we could then still provide a service for those who cannot attend the game but want to watch it. It stands to reason that if the limit restricts the number of away supporters as well, that we should not cut off that potentially lucrative backup income stream. 

Hopefully a silver lining of this tricky period for the club will be live streaming of matches as a regular installment. The club will get a nice bit of extra revenue from Shaymen abroad from hereon in. Could also boost the number of people living all around the world who start supporting us simply cos they find the x in Halifax strangely enticing.   

• Like 1
1 hour ago, olitheshayman said:

Hopefully a silver lining of this tricky period for the club will be live streaming of matches as a regular installment. The club will get a nice bit of extra revenue from Shaymen abroad from hereon in. Could also boost the number of people living all around the world who start supporting us simply cos they find the x in Halifax strangely enticing.   

Would that be the "X Files" or the "X Factor? Maybe Simon Cowell might make Mr B an offer he cannot refuse..... 

1 minute ago, olitheshayman said:

Town, that was not a good performance... *audience boos* ... that was a BLOODY RUBBISH performance! *audience cheers*

Or one of them presses the big red button in the middle and it's instant promotion:D

• Haha 1

There really is something in the name of our town. Even if the bank is long divorced from its origins they've kept the name and emphasised the X in their logo for a reason. 
Remember when the club gave us a taster for what was to come in 2007 when they inexplicably decided to change our badge to that horrible shield design with HTFC written on top? Back then a fan on the old official message board made a sample of new badge proposals, messing around with variations of HTAFC, HTFC and HXTAFC and I wondered whether the latter might not be a bad idea at all. Some day it'll change again but I'm inclined to think 'better the devil' for what will come next.   

23 minutes ago, LeedsShaymen said:

When are we all expecting the link to buy this streaming to be put out to buy? And will we buy all our streaming through Halifax Town?

Club have said on social media the equipment is being installed tomorrow and once more details are known about the league starting next weekend they will update us. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1