1 hour ago, Forever a Shayman said:

Dover charging £8 is a realistic price unlike the idiotic £20 price what some on here have suggested ,Let’s hope whoever streams it does a decent job and it doesn’t breakdown too often otherwise it won’t be 

Think it said on tv t'other day Chesterfield charging £10

11 minutes ago, Forever a Shayman said:

Dover charging £8 is a realistic price unlike the idiotic £20 price what some on here have suggested ,Let’s hope whoever streams it does a decent job and it doesn’t breakdown too often otherwise it won’t be worth nothing.

Bit harsh there, as the figure of £20 was only put forward as a way to try to compensate the club for the match day revenue. Admittedly, if the cost of putting on the game is less than for a normal match day then the price should be reduced accordingly.

I am of the opinion that the consensus seems to be around the £10 mark, although would leave a decision to be made around how to handle the current S/T holders, either give them the option of carrying over the S/T to next season, or a refund and then pay for streaming like everyone else. If we were to get somewhere near the same number of fans who were regulars at home games plus an increase in the number of away fans paying to stream the games then we would be in a healthier position. At the same time if we were able to get any part of the streaming revenue from our away games then this would be a bonus.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

Bit harsh there, as the figure of £20 was only put forward as a way to try to compensate the club for the match day revenue. Admittedly, if the cost of putting on the game is less than for a normal match day then the price should be reduced accordingly.

I am of the opinion that the consensus seems to be around the £10 mark, although would leave a decision to be made around how to handle the current S/T holders, either give them the option of carrying over the S/T to next season, or a refund and then pay for streaming like everyone else. If we were to get somewhere near the same number of fans who were regulars at home games plus an increase in the number of away fans paying to stream the games then we would be in a healthier position. At the same time if we were able to get any part of the streaming revenue from our away games then this would be a bonus.

I regard the current situation as a moment to support if you can. Clubs at this level will need a lot of goodwill to keep afloat regardless of subsidy. Get behind the club if you can. 

Edited by francisfirth
  • Like 1

I'm  starting to think mothballing the season tickets is a good idea. Less bother for Louisa do they  know  everybodies email text no to send out codes

Lets all pay a tenner a game hopefully the household thing will be set  off by increased away fans streaming.

Home club should definitely  keep all the money otherwise it increases further the budgets of better supported clubs.

Bet you can't  wait Steve the chance  to see all 46 games live

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

My opinion would be that streaming and season tickets should be kept separate . Season tickets should be mothballed with a view to possible attendance at some point this season and if that doesn't materialise the option would be a refund or carried over to next season 

So what happens if say in  January limited attendance is allowed .. are ST still moth balled? 

think ST need to be given a choice 

money back.. but then you have given up you priority rights to get in the ground when it opens

mothballed but then its pay on the day when allowed back ..and paying fir streaming 

Free streaming with a partial refund based on amount of games played behind closed door .. but then operates as normal when we are allowed back to watch

and finally for those who want .. free streaming but gifting the club the partial refund for those who can afford it . 
think that covers all the bases 

Edited by Nick
36 minutes ago, Nick said:

So what happens if say in  January limited attendance is allowed .. are ST still moth balled? 

think ST need to be given a choice 

money back.. but then you have given up you priority rights to get in the ground when it opens

mothballed but then its pay on the day when allowed back ..and paying fir streaming 

Free streaming with a partial refund based on amount of games played behind closed door .. but then operates as normal when we are allowed back to watch

and finally for those who want .. free streaming but gifting the club the partial refund for those who can afford it . 
think that covers all the bases 

34 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Full refund of season ticket would cripple the club.

I wouldn't be opposed to mothballing the season tickets till the 21/22 season, as Steve says and I've alluded to in a previous thread, financially the club would be able to afford a payback at present. However, by way of a loyalty to those who have bought their ticket for this season, and f at some point fans are allowed back into the grounds then I think retaining the seat allocation that you have been given should stand.Now that would be reasonably fair all round to me! 

• Like 3

We don't know what will happen but I don't want to use season ticket for streaming games I would rather pay . We don't know when we will be allowed to the Shay but if it's for half the games then the club can work out next seasons ticket prices with a discount for the games we were unable to attend. 

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Sparrow said:

why not give season ticket holders free home streaming this season and then give a discount on next season's season tickets who have bought a season ticket this season?

Because some streamers will have bought more than one season ticket and some season ticket holders won't be interested in streaming . Mothballing doesn't necessarily mean the club not distributing this seasons Season Ticket and doesn't mean they won't be needed should fan access eventually be allowed (which I'm confident will happen in early January if not before under the same guidelines as should be happening now) . There is also the possibility of limited access for Cup games

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Sparrow said:

why not give season ticket holders free home streaming this season and then give a discount on next season's season tickets who have bought a season ticket this season?

Some season ticket holders might not have a laptop to watch the game on or don't want to do it, going to the Shay is about meeting people as well as watching the game, we should be given a choice . Some fans might need their money back so they can pay for streaming games , some fans won't have stopped working a wiil have a normal wage, others will have been on furlough and have lost 20% of their wage and unfortunately some might have lost their jobs.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, eddie said:

Some season ticket holders might not have a laptop to watch the game on or don't want to do it, going to the Shay is about meeting people as well as watching the game, we should be given a choice . Some fans might need their money back so they can pay for streaming games , some fans won't have stopped working a wiil have a normal wage, others will have been on furlough and have lost 20% of their wage and unfortunately some might have lost their jobs.

I agree pal.. I'm just saying that as an option and a full refund could be an option too...just think if everyone wanted a full refund we could be in the crap?

• Like 1

I think reading through the threads, the club will have to offer options that suit individuals, they must already be considering how they are going to move forward. As I have said, I have no interest in using my ST against Streaming, but if mothballing  is out there then thats a good choice, but, I would personally prefer to mothball mine for the full season and should we be allowed in halfway through this season I'd just pay per game for the outstanding games.

27 minutes ago, Jmc said:

But that would leave us short of st money next season if mothballed till next year , there are no easy answers unfortunately 

Correct, every option you look at has its downfalls and its not really a 1 suits all scenario.

I think in the short term the club needs a reasonable price for the streaming service and focus on how to generate as much as possible through that.

Once thats all in place look into possible options for ST holders. 

9 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

My opinion would be that streaming and season tickets should be kept separate . Season tickets should be mothballed with a view to possible attendance at some point this season and if that doesn't materialise the option would be a refund or carried over to next season 

Whilst I tend to agree with you, this feels harsh on people who have really stretched for a season ticket to ask them to fork out further for streaming.

Really no easy answers