2 hours ago, shaymen down under said:

Just a note,Don’t think their will be actual people recording the games. If the club is installing streaming cameras, and doing a bit of research. They are essentially similar to security cameras but of a quality that is advantageous to streaming, I imagine they will be operated from a central location with a laptop. I could be wrong but I think this is how it’s done. One company I saw was charging 12000 for installation and support for a year.

This is the same as what BT Sports do for every game other than the one being shown line. Even for the live game this done from a central production suite, no idea where but probably London area, using 6 fixed cameras, with no camera men in the ground. The total cost to BT is peanuts in the grand scheme of thins, as other then the show presenter and the colour commentator in the ground even the match commentator is sat away from the ground, he could even be in his bedroom for all we know! 

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

C'mon Flea you're not comparing like for like. Your NFL subscription is a commercial product designed for supporters who can't/don't attend games (most of which will be played in another country). Tow

Piece of piss that, simple instructions....... Pick up IPad, give to daughter, point at match and say get that for me, hardest bit was walking to the shed to get the beer to top the fridge up rea

I dont understand why anyone wouldn't want to watch a live stream of the team they support?? Obviously we would all be at the shay if possible but we cant and this is the next best thing

Posted Images

17 hours ago, chrisbo61 said:

Very few, in the grand scheme of things, after all we aren't supposed to be mixing with lots of other people!

Except all those fans who attend with their respective immediate families. Looking around the East Stand, that accounts for a significant proportion. Dads and children et cetera. 

9 minutes ago, Che Bentos said:

Except all those fans who attend with their respective immediate families. Looking around the East Stand, that accounts for a significant proportion. Dads and children et cetera. 

Hopefully made up for by those watching that would not normally attend!

I can see this being quite lucrative, if done properly!

• Like 2
1 hour ago, chrisbo61 said:

With the amount of fans we have spread around the country/world I can definitely see this happening. As well as more away fans watching the stream. Dagenham on the opening day, would bring probably 100 fans or so on a normal match but are quite well supported at home. I can see a few hundred of their fans might pay to watch the away game. Will be interesting to see how away team ‘attendances’ are affected with streaming this season.

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, riccardo259 said:

With the amount of fans we have spread around the country/world I can definitely see this happening. As well as more away fans watching the stream. Dagenham on the opening day, would bring probably 100 fans or so on a normal match but are quite well supported at home. I can see a few hundred of their fans might pay to watch the away game. Will be interesting to see how away team ‘attendances’ are affected with streaming this season.

Yes, regarding away fans paying in, I see no reason why the majority of fans that attend home games would not watch the live stream! I'm guessing a couple of thousand will watch each match, maybe more!

• Like 1

I think the stream subscriptions will start strong but probably fade away as the season goes by/novelty wares off. 

Footballs a day out for many, its not just about the match which will mean quite a few dont bother. As others have mentioned a family will get 1 pass per household and many of the elderly possibly wont fancy it.

Also got to think if were struggling is the interest going to be there? Stopping going to the Shay is a hard decision even when were poor, not turning your laptop on and watching a stream is an easy one.

Theres not much we can do about it though, do lets hope away fans exiles ect can boost the numbers.

1 hour ago, greygoose said:

I think the stream subscriptions will start strong but probably fade away as the season goes by/novelty wares off. 

Footballs a day out for many, its not just about the match which will mean quite a few dont bother. As others have mentioned a family will get 1 pass per household and many of the elderly possibly wont fancy it.

Also got to think if were struggling is the interest going to be there? Stopping going to the Shay is a hard decision even when were poor, not turning your laptop on and watching a stream is an easy one.

Theres not much we can do about it though, do lets hope away fans exiles ect can boost the numbers.

Greygoose should we loose 10-0, 10-0,10-0 I will still watch the 4 game etc.....:huh:

20 hours ago, ITMAN said:

This is the same as what BT Sports do for every game other than the one being shown line. Even for the live game this done from a central production suite, no idea where but probably London area, using 6 fixed cameras, with no camera men in the ground. The total cost to BT is peanuts in the grand scheme of thins, as other then the show presenter and the colour commentator in the ground even the match commentator is sat away from the ground, he could even be in his bedroom for all we know! 

Looking into it a bit more, I wonder if the club is getting these cameras installed as part of the hudl setup that they are using on the training grounds as well? Maybe they were getting the cameras installed anyway for performance analyst purposes. And now with the banning of spectators l, the club will be using these for streaming purposes as well. 

51184F37-3F43-4678-9DEA-129A4F9D54A4.jpeg

16 minutes ago, shaymen down under said:

Looking into it a bit more, I wonder if the club is getting these cameras installed as part of the hudl setup that they are using on the training grounds as well? Maybe they were getting the cameras installed anyway for performance analyst purposes. And now with the banning of spectators l, the club will be using these for streaming purposes as well. 

51184F37-3F43-4678-9DEA-129A4F9D54A4.jpeg

If you want to research into the cameras and how good they actually look/are the name is Pixellot

Wrexham have announced they will be streaming and they will be charging anywhere between .....

“ Having consulted with supporters, you will be given the opportunity to pay £10, £15 or £20 per match to help subsidise the loss in match-day revenue whilst also remaining as affordable as possible for all.”

Edited by shaymen down under
12 hours ago, chrisbo61 said:

For the sake of the club, I really hope you're right. Of course it will be like actual attendances - if we do well, thousands will tune in, if we don't it will be down to the faithful few. 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Che Bentos said:

For the sake of the club, I really hope you're right. Of course it will be like actual attendances - if we do well, thousands will tune in, if we don't it will be down to the faithful few. 

How many Halifax people go and watch Leeds, Huddersfield or the Manchester clubs, quite a few I would suspect. If we are doing well or have a big game these people come down for the one off games because it’s their home town. These people will still be able to watch their clubs on Sky or BT but may well also buy the streaming for our games, (their home town) as well, especially if we’re doing well 

Edited by LeedsShaymen
1 hour ago, LeedsShaymen said:

How many Halifax people go and watch Leeds, Huddersfield or the Manchester clubs, quite a few I would suspect. If we are doing well or have a big game these people come down for the one off games because it’s their home town. These people will still be able to watch their clubs on Sky or BT but may well also buy the streaming for our games, (their home town) as well, especially if we’re doing well 

it might depend how the club promote it.

''Chesterfield are looking at the possibility of streaming their home matches in hospitality areas at the Technique Stadium. If it's allowed, the curtains would have to be closed to prevent fans viewing the pitch. This is where we are now.''

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
52 minutes ago, Ash said:

Please congregate in the indoor sweaty bar but whatever you do, don't go outside and social distance too much in the fresh air!

Its OK, you cant catch covid if their is a card machine present!

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, mj85 said:

''Chesterfield are looking at the possibility of streaming their home matches in hospitality areas at the Technique Stadium. If it's allowed, the curtains would have to be closed to prevent fans viewing the pitch. This is where we are now.''

How pathetic is that? What happens if someone opens the curtains is the match abandoned?

• Like 1