• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

C'mon Flea you're not comparing like for like. Your NFL subscription is a commercial product designed for supporters who can't/don't attend games (most of which will be played in another country). Tow

Piece of piss that, simple instructions....... Pick up IPad, give to daughter, point at match and say get that for me, hardest bit was walking to the shed to get the beer to top the fridge up rea

I dont understand why anyone wouldn't want to watch a live stream of the team they support?? Obviously we would all be at the shay if possible but we cant and this is the next best thing

Posted Images

2 hours ago, andrich said:

Not a chance in my opinion. 

Will be interesting to see,I get the logic. Time for us to recruit some virtual Shaymen and offer enducements to away fans. Simple fact, if we win we will get support, if we lose a lot we won't 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

I´ll bet you a tenner winnings to charity.

Don't forget that a S/T holder is counted in the attendance figures whether they turn up or not. So comparing streaming numbers against attendance numbers is not comparing "apples with apples". Also a single streaming user may account for multiple viewers, so again not a straight forward measure. 

18 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

All streaming will be done by home clubs and all revenue will be kept by home clubs according to Chesterfield which seem to tally with Dover statement so looks like a universal price of 8 POUNDS.

that sounds great, and should bring in some much needed cash to the club!

I'd like to think everyone that usually attends will watch the game, plus how many,like you Steve will watch from afar!

2 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

I'd like to think everyone that usually attends will watch the game, plus how many,like you Steve will watch from afar!

I actually believe we will beat home attendance figures. When you think of all the southern teams in this league now who don´t bring many supporters.

• Like 1

£8 would be a very decent price. Looking forward to the refund on my season ticket!

I'm sure the club will come up with some creative ideas to entice season ticket holders not to take a refund. Personally, in these uncertain times, I am not in favour of carrying it forward to the next season and from the club's perspective is just kicking the can down the road.

At that price I would be happy to pay for away matches as well as I am sure supporters of clubs playing away against us would as well.

Other than the money we are able to generate as a club it looks like we will be dependent on whatever scraps we receive from the Premier League / EFL.

1 hour ago, chrisbo61 said:

I think many will but a proportion of these fans won't pay the £8 as they will be watching with other people on the same device (smart TV, computer, tablet). 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

All streaming will be done by home clubs and all revenue will be kept by home clubs according to Chesterfield which seem to tally with Dover statement so looks like a universal price of 8 POUNDS.

Chesterfield FC say -

Following the National League’s decision to relax the rules on live streaming while supporters are unable to attend matches, it will be possible to watch the action online on a pay-per-view basis.

The streaming will be delivered by the home club, who keep the revenue generated.

Wealdstone will be providing a live stream of the opening game of the season next weekend and a link to the paywall will be put on our website in due course.

We will provide live streaming of our home games, starting with the fixture against Hartlepool United, a week on Tuesday.

What do FCHT say  ?

1 hour ago, Ash said:

If I had a season ticket I’d accept a refund for each game I missed but then I’d still want to keep it for when fans are allowed in again this season.

FL clubs are already feeling the pinch and so will NL clubs . Going to be a lot of pressure on Central Government and not just from football

58 minutes ago, rdj said:

Chesterfield FC say -

Following the National League’s decision to relax the rules on live streaming while supporters are unable to attend matches, it will be possible to watch the action online on a pay-per-view basis.

The streaming will be delivered by the home club, who keep the revenue generated.

Wealdstone will be providing a live stream of the opening game of the season next weekend and a link to the paywall will be put on our website in due course.

We will provide live streaming of our home games, starting with the fixture against Hartlepool United, a week on Tuesday.

What do FCHT say  ?

Probably the same when it’s officially confirmed.

2 hours ago, Che Bentos said:

I think many will but a proportion of these fans won't pay the £8 as they will be watching with other people on the same device (smart TV, computer, tablet). 

Very few, in the grand scheme of things, after all we aren't supposed to be mixing with lots of other people!

17 minutes ago, Forever a Shayman said:

Will live streaming just be available to uk fans? Or will Shaymen and fans of other National League teams from say Australia and the USA and other countries be able to watch our games,That would be great for fans in other countries who would never get a chance to watch the games.

Streaming is not normally a problem i.e. when we played Leyton O. I watched their streaming.

2 hours ago, rdj said:

Chesterfield FC say -

What do FCHT say  ?

Think some clubs have jumped the gun as my understanding is that no final league decision has been made re streaming or its cost. Neither has the government funding been finalised let alone that the season will definitely start this coming Saturday.

The Culture, Media and Sports minister, Oliver Dowden, passed th buck, making great play this morning of laying the onus for support of clubs lower down the pyramid - though he only mentioned EFL clubs - uselessly on the Premier League. Call me cynical, but I'm not sure non-league clubs figure on his radar. Maybe we should all take up grouse shooting.

• Like 2

I don’t like the idea of being charged for a stream if you have a season ticket. ST holders have already lost one home game (Macc) this season before a ball is kicked. Add that to the three lost last season, well its starting to look like holding a ST is disadvantageous. Even giving the stream to ST for free in lue of entry is poor in my opinion.

£8 a game would work out at an extra £172 for the 22 Home games. 

To put that in perspective, for £140 I can watch all 32 NFL clubs play live for an entire season with professional recording ( no offence to those that will record the Town games, but it won’t be on a par with NBC, Fox or the likes ), highlights, pre and post match interviews, analysis, replays etc... then tons of other streaming content through the year with football documentary's, films, panel shows and talkshows. 

So £32 extra to watch one team, with less content and production values, having already paid to watch the team live seems poor. 

I get the club is in a crap position, however, that is my objective view on it. 

37 minutes ago, Flea said:

I don’t like the idea of being charged for a stream if you have a season ticket. ST holders have already lost one home game (Macc) this season before a ball is kicked. Add that to the three lost last season, well its starting to look like holding a ST is disadvantageous. Even giving the stream to ST for free in lue of entry is poor in my opinion.

£8 a game would work out at an extra £172 for the 22 Home games. 

To put that in perspective, for £140 I can watch all 32 NFL clubs play live for an entire season with professional recording ( no offence to those that will record the Town games, but it won’t be on a par with NBC, Fox or the likes ), highlights, pre and post match interviews, analysis, replays etc... then tons of other streaming content through the year with football documentary's, films, panel shows and talkshows. 

So £32 extra to watch one team, with less content and production values, having already paid to watch the team live seems poor. 

I get the club is in a crap position, however, that is my objective view on it. 

Just a note,Don’t think their will be actual people recording the games. If the club is installing streaming cameras, and doing a bit of research. They are essentially similar to security cameras but of a quality that is advantageous to streaming, I imagine they will be operated from a central location with a laptop. I could be wrong but I think this is how it’s done. One company I saw was charging 12000 for installation and support for a year.

• Like 1