• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

C'mon Flea you're not comparing like for like. Your NFL subscription is a commercial product designed for supporters who can't/don't attend games (most of which will be played in another country). Tow

Piece of piss that, simple instructions....... Pick up IPad, give to daughter, point at match and say get that for me, hardest bit was walking to the shed to get the beer to top the fridge up rea

I dont understand why anyone wouldn't want to watch a live stream of the team they support?? Obviously we would all be at the shay if possible but we cant and this is the next best thing

Posted Images

I know there've been some teething troubles and missing the penalty wasn't great (it did the same thing for their freekick late on), but I reckon the club have done pretty well to get all of this sorted so quickly. Not like they're flush with brass.
Great performance on the pitch too. 

• Like 4

Apologies to harp on about the streaming, but our media team are blaming Dagenham (quite rightly probably) and request any injured party contact them (they haven’t provided a Dagenham address yet)

I therefore summise that the online receipts of the stream will be lining Dagenham pockets then.

11 minutes ago, steve lumb said:

not the way the system works as I understand it. It's the first time they've done it so cut them some slack. Maybe there's some tweaking they can do?

It works by automatically following the ball. But when there's a stop in play it loses its way and yes hopefully they can sort it.

I'm all for using tech but I don't understand why they didn't just use a cameraman in the first place rather than adopting this system.  What's the logic?

Just now, thetalktrainer said:

Apologies to harp on about the streaming, but our media team are blaming Dagenham (quite rightly probably) and request any injured party contact them (they haven’t provided a Dagenham address yet)

I therefore summise that the online receipts of the stream will be lining Dagenham pockets then.

Didn't realise I would have to create an account first.  After that I opted for a game pass and entered my code in 'voucher code'.  Then the stream finally started after about 5 mins of the game.

A. few teething problems meant I missed both goals but immense credit to all concerned for getting the stream up and running at such short notice. Team wise, loads of positives. Not a bad performance from anyone. King outstanding first half. Earring looks to have improved on last year. Wild looks to have got a pretty useful squad together. Dagenham are one of the fancied sides but really gave us very little trouble at all and were pretty much brushed aside. Well done everybody.

23 minutes ago, andrich said:

The streaming has just stopped at 5.30!

Those folk moaning about missing the first seven minutes and the penalty should remember that they got an extra 45 minutes after the final whistle! Now that's value for money. 

Maybe Shaybotcam should be left switched on all the time. 

• Haha 1
49 minutes ago, never_shay_die said:

It works by automatically following the ball. But when there's a stop in play it loses its way and yes hopefully they can sort it.

I'm all for using tech but I don't understand why they didn't just use a cameraman in the first place rather than adopting this system.  What's the logic?

Has it been outsourced to Serco/Mitie/Deloitte?

2 hours ago, never_shay_die said:

I can understand the business model behind the business that sells the streaming, as it's literally a matter of installing the cameras and letting it run. No idea for human intervention, except for probably starting and stopping which may not even be needed. For the cost of this system I think its probably a lot cheaper than the alternative that would be a full on broadcast facility. Having said that human intervention would probably be necessary for some parts of the game, which could flag when it detects no movement and then commentator or someone else can control camera manually until ball movement detected again.

Having said that I know the above on the system will be out of the clubs hands, but when people are paying money for a service they have the right to complain if they do not believe its not up to standard. I think the club could be in for a shock this season if they try to keep getting the sympathy votes about things that don't go right when people are paying their hard earned money.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, crowtherjcbravo said:

I couldn't get beyond the countdown screen. Hopefully just a blip otherwise its £300 for nothing.

If you signed in properly and got the green tick verification when you entered your voucher code you shouldn't have had any problem .

The full stream should also be available to access for the next 30 days (I think)