2 hours ago, Ash said:

I would expect more would pay to stream online than pay to attend the game.

For example if it was the other way around you might have 1000 Halifax fans purchasing the game to watch online against 250 paying on the gate to watch.

For this to work I feel all home teams take the streaming fees so when we play at home we get all streaming fees from home and away fans, for away games we get nothing and the home team gets it.

Surly it can’t be hard for Halifax Town to know how many Halifax fans are streaming to watch us away. If they can then Halifax get the money their own fans put in, then it’s down to us to support our club 

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

C'mon Flea you're not comparing like for like. Your NFL subscription is a commercial product designed for supporters who can't/don't attend games (most of which will be played in another country). Tow

Piece of piss that, simple instructions....... Pick up IPad, give to daughter, point at match and say get that for me, hardest bit was walking to the shed to get the beer to top the fridge up rea

I dont understand why anyone wouldn't want to watch a live stream of the team they support?? Obviously we would all be at the shay if possible but we cant and this is the next best thing

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Why be any different to normal games the home team take the money end of.

If we have fans that can’t go to some or all of our away games but would watch them all via streaming, why should other clubs benefit financially from those extra pounds raised by our fans, maybe more of our fans would pay for streaming if they new the money they paid would go to our club.

9 minutes ago, LeedsShaymen said:

If we have fans that can’t go to some or all of our away games but would watch them all via streaming, why should other clubs benefit financially from those extra pounds raised by our fans, maybe more of our fans would pay for streaming if they new the money they paid would go to our club.

Because we will benefit financially the other way around.

17 minutes ago, LeedsShaymen said:

and why should away teams benefit from being at the Shay we would lose out at least 12 teams in this league would bring poor crowds to us.

1 minute ago, chrisbo61 said:

This is simple surely? If you have a season ticket enter the code and you stream home matches for free, no  s eason ticket , you pay .

All away matches watched payed for as you would if you went in person!

simples

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

and why should away teams benefit from being at the Shay we would lose out at least 12 teams in this league would bring poor crowds to us.

Most bring no more than a minibus full, barring possibly 5/6 clubs the rest would bring even less. I agree opposition clubs shouldn’t benefit financially for bringing little or no fans to the Shay. It’s our job to support our club not to help others stay afloat that’s the responsibility of their fans

Edited by LeedsShaymen
  • Like 1

Always been a bone of contention with me that we take a few away and away teams bring next to none and the week after we been there they go and get a half decent player on loan with the money we gave them by visiting in numbers 

1 hour ago, LeedsShaymen said:

I know we don’t have the biggest home gates in the league but I’ve always thought our away following is up there with everyone in the league? No

It’s not about how many you take to away games. People can tune in from home now so the games changed.

Weymouth might bring 20 to the Shay but might have 300 paying to stream it online.

Notts County might only bring 400 to the Shay but 2000 of them might pay to stream it online.

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, Ash said:

It’s not about how many you take to away games. People can tune in from home now so the games changed.

Weymouth might bring 20 to the Shay but might have 300 paying to stream it online.

Notts County might only bring 400 to the Shay but 2000 of them might pay to stream it online.

Get that.....

Hopefully now that the effort of travelling is being substituted for pressing a key on a laptop or whatever hopefully all clubs get better attendances

18 minutes ago, LeedsShaymen said:

Get that.....

Hopefully now that the effort of travelling is being substituted for pressing a key on a laptop or whatever hopefully all clubs get better attendances

I certainly hope so.

9 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Football without crowds is sterile 

I just want it back. I'm not interested in the television show that is the premier league. For all the gloryhunters in this town who wall round in Liverpool and Leeds shirts nothing has really changed for them at all. 

I can sacrifice the pint with the lads and lasses before and after and I'll use my head and social distance whilst on the South Stand. Watching on a stream is rubbish to be honest. 

It's not the club's fault but honestly I'm fed up and feel like there's nowt to look forward to. I don't want to sit in home whilst on my ar$e in my own through dark days and nights. It's $hit. 

• Like 4

The more I think about it, streaming has to be the way forward for now.

Postponing/ cancelling the season is not a sensible option. Who knows when the Government might deem it safe to allow fans in grounds again. Football at our level might have died by then.

Streaming would allow those loyal fans who bought a Season Ticket to see all the home games they have paid for. No demands for a refund. 

Lots of Shaymen like me who rarely go to an away game will be willing to pay £10 to view at home. Ditto all those Shaymen Down South.

And as someone else said earlier, instead of 400 Notts County fans coming up to the Shay, you would have several thousand paying to stream at home.

What's not to like?

The only concern I have is how this could fit in with BT, who have paid for the rights to National League games.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Can we create a video wall to tell the ref how to do his job

If we can manage match streaming creating a Zoom link enabling constructive criticism of players & officials shouldn't be too difficult.

I'm not being a bore or pouring scorn on a potential extra income. But do you really think we will have 1,300 all streaming every home game? I doubt it. 

Football to many is about the day out, but I won't knock the club or anybody watching it if it happens. I just think some fans are over egging the number of people willing to buy it. 

It's all extra income and it helps. But in my opinion and I'm sorry, it won't go very far. 

• Like 2