Latest update on website has stated that the club is installing a state of the art streaming system for being able to view games. If true this will be an excellent investment. Most streaming systems I’m pretty sure dont need camera operators and are done using smart technology using several cameras installed around stadium. Can’t imagine it will be cheap for the installation costs but means we should get high quality content from it.

• Like 1
  • Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

C'mon Flea you're not comparing like for like. Your NFL subscription is a commercial product designed for supporters who can't/don't attend games (most of which will be played in another country). Tow

Piece of piss that, simple instructions....... Pick up IPad, give to daughter, point at match and say get that for me, hardest bit was walking to the shed to get the beer to top the fridge up rea

I dont understand why anyone wouldn't want to watch a live stream of the team they support?? Obviously we would all be at the shay if possible but we cant and this is the next best thing

Posted Images

I think this is good, proactive and sensible.

Are we going to raise as much money as we would have? Probably not.

But streaming at say £10 a game will enable us to reach fans that would have spent very little if anything on admission this season, those living away from Halifax both in the Uk and abroad now have the opportunity to watch every game.

Those with season tickets should get the game for free and then the difference per game refunded until they are allowed in the Shay.

13 minutes ago, Ash said:

But streaming at say £10 a game will enable us to reach fans that would have spent very little if anything on admission this season, those living away from Halifax both in the Uk and abroad now have the opportunity to watch every game.

Those with season tickets should get the game for free and then the difference per game refunded until they are allowed in the Shay.

I think away tickets will be the big winner in this system if done like the efl. I think in league 2, the home club keep 500 of the away streams sold anything over that will go to the away teams coffers. I could be wrong but that’s how i understand it.

If season tickets get you to steam for free. Our take up might only be 100-300 home fans a game paying a tenner.

However, where we would maybe only get 150 actual fans in ground for the likes of Torquay, aldershot, etc teams that have decent home followings. I can see a lot more than that taking up the chance to stream games for a tenner then forking out the £50-100 in fuel, food, etc.

Also means the bigger clubs will be able to make money from away games to if they sell more than the 500 streams that the home teams gets.

22 minutes ago, Ash said:

If at £10 per game, Perhaps ST holders could get home and away games free to view because the club won't want to give any refunds.

• Like 1

Bradford City fans can watch their games on ifollow. It costs £10 per match. Fans with season tickets get a code before each home match and then get to watch the home games for free. Monies get divided (not 50/50) the details are on their website.

56 minutes ago, shaymen down under said:

I think away tickets will be the big winner in this system if done like the efl. I think in league 2, the home club keep 500 of the away streams sold anything over that will go to the away teams coffers. I could be wrong but that’s how i understand it.

If season tickets get you to steam for free. Our take up might only be 100-300 home fans a game paying a tenner.

However, where we would maybe only get 150 actual fans in ground for the likes of Torquay, aldershot, etc teams that have decent home followings. I can see a lot more than that taking up the chance to stream games for a tenner then forking out the £50-100 in fuel, food, etc.

Also means the bigger clubs will be able to make money from away games to if they sell more than the 500 streams that the home teams gets.

Cant say i agree with away clubs profiting.

• Like 1

As a Town fan living 150 miles away, I only occasionally get to see home fixtures. If streaming from The Shay was available at say £5 or £10 per game, how many Town fans might sign up on the basis that they are too far away from Halifax to watch matches live. It might not cover the full costs of a behind closed doors season, but could probably go some way to minimise the financial chasm that clubs could be facing with behind closed doors matches. Add in some creative online sponsorship or "golden goal" or online draw for a match shirt each game .....??

• Like 2
38 minutes ago, wornomad123 said:

As a Town fan living 150 miles away, I only occasionally get to see home fixtures. If streaming from The Shay was available at say £5 or £10 per game, how many Town fans might sign up on the basis that they are too far away from Halifax to watch matches live. It might not cover the full costs of a behind closed doors season, but could probably go some way to minimise the financial chasm that clubs could be facing with behind closed doors matches. Add in some creative online sponsorship or "golden goal" or online draw for a match shirt each game .....??

To be fair, a 'streaming S/T' or similar would make far more sense for me personally than an in-person one, even outside of any COVID restrictions. I admit that I'm one of a minority here in living away from the Shay, but if the facility is there longer term it's something I'd almost certainly go for every season if priced around this mark. The only question would be if it was economical to run it in a (hopefully more) normal season when maybe only a few dozen Town fans would want it, but if the infrastructure is being setup for this season and it's not too much effort to take it forward it could be an ongoing income 'stream' (pun entirely intended)

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, Shayman Matt said:

To be fair, a 'streaming S/T' or similar would make far more sense for me personally than an in-person one, even outside of any COVID restrictions. I admit that I'm one of a minority here in living away from the Shay, but if the facility is there longer term it's something I'd almost certainly go for every season if priced around this mark. The only question would be if it was economical to run it in a (hopefully more) normal season when maybe only a few dozen Town fans would want it, but if the infrastructure is being setup for this season and it's not too much effort to take it forward it could be an ongoing income 'stream' (pun entirely intended)

What you also have to consider is away fans, theres potential revenue from them along side exiles, if only on a 1 off basis for each club.

Be interested to know how many D&R fans would buy a live stream at £10 next week if ot was offered? Even with fans in the ground i suspect many would still go for it.

As an already paid up season ticket holder I would be happy to pay to watch streamed away games , I do this on the basis that  Town need all the help they can get at the moment, how they are coping with all the current extra expense on Covid related issues, etc is admirable and credit to the Board as I am sure MrB has plenty on keeping his German paymasters happy by selling enough cars !

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I live in Norway 

I would be streaming all home and away games 

revenue the club at the moment does not get ..

how many home only supporters would stream away game . Most I believe 

how live away from  halifax  supporters would stream games .. many I believe.. 

In Short I believe if the league organizes this properly clubs revenue could go up .. and costs him down 

• Like 2
51 minutes ago, greygoose said:

What you also have to consider is away fans, theres potential revenue from them along side exiles, if only on a 1 off basis for each club.

Be interested to know how many D&R fans would buy a live stream at £10 next week if ot was offered? Even with fans in the ground i suspect many would still go for it.

I would expect more would pay to stream online than pay to attend the game.

For example if it was the other way around you might have 1000 Halifax fans purchasing the game to watch online against 250 paying on the gate to watch.

For this to work I feel all home teams take the streaming fees so when we play at home we get all streaming fees from home and away fans, for away games we get nothing and the home team gets it.

I take the eldest to about 4 or 5 away games a season. I can see us streaming all of the away matches if they were around the £10 mark. There may be the odd one she'd miss but, as others have said, it could be revenue they're not seeing at the moment.
I do think ensuring all teams have the ability to stream would be a useful and targeted funding aim for central government. It wouldn't have to cost the earth as a proportion of overall public spending and could be spun brilliantly as a 'grass roots' measure for 'local' and 'forgotten' communities.

13 minutes ago, Ash said:

I would expect more would pay to stream online than pay to attend the game.

For example if it was the other way around you might have 1000 Halifax fans purchasing the game to watch online against 250 paying on the gate to watch.

For this to work I feel all home teams take the streaming fees so when we play at home we get all streaming fees from home and away fans, for away games we get nothing and the home team gets it.

In efl, I think home team gets paid for up to 500 away streamers, anything over that goes to away team. So you will lose out on games against big teams where they would be expected to bring over 500 real fans. But you will gain against the likes aldershot, Torquay, us even. In which we would prob only take 100-150 live fans, but May take 4-500 away streams every game. 

15 minutes ago, shaymen down under said:

In efl, I think home team gets paid for up to 500 away streamers, anything over that goes to away team. So you will lose out on games against big teams where they would be expected to bring over 500 real fans. But you will gain against the likes aldershot, Torquay, us even. In which we would prob only take 100-150 live fans, but May take 4-500 away streams every game. 

Thing to remember is, if your only getting paid out for 500 away fans its equivilant to just 250 as its half price. 

Hopefully we dont follow the FL with this 500 figure, it will only benefit the Wrexhams/ Notts Countys.

6 hours ago, rdj said:

If at £10 per game, Perhaps ST holders could get home and away games free to view because the club won't want to give any refunds.

Home clubs are not going to give up money to subsidise away teams who have paid money into another club.