Interesting decision given the news yesterday from the government. I can only assume that this was finalised a couple of weeks ago and they were just getting the social media posts ready, otherwise it would ludicrous to sign someone now.

1 minute ago, riccardo259 said:

Interesting decision given the news yesterday from the government. I can only assume that this was finalised a couple of weeks ago and they were just getting the social media posts ready, otherwise it would ludicrous to sign someone now.

Wild did say about a week or so back that he’s had a centre back lined up for ages and it was just about crossing the Ts and dotting the Is so presume it was Byrne.

25 minutes ago, Benfcht said:

Wild did say about a week or so back that he’s had a centre back lined up for ages and it was just about crossing the Ts and dotting the Is so presume it was Byrne.

Probably persuading  AFC Fylde to release him on a free a bit like the Matty Brown situation with York.

Fylde did not want to lose him as he was in the managers plans for the future and was offered a new contract, he was also Fylde capt many times.

Edited by Steve Lanzarote
2 minutes ago, shaymen down under said:

Flyer arent happy about losing him. But he didn’t want to play conference north. Was offered new two year deal and was captain. Good signing on paper.

Yes edited my post as such looks a good signing, here´s hoping he seems pretty injury free in his career as well.

28 minutes ago, riccardo259 said:

Signed a while ago.Just announced as for whatever reason his official leave date was yesterday.

As you say pretty pointless any new signings now.

• Like 1

Other than last season, it sounds like he’s been pretty good to date. Looks like a decent signing on paper and it looks good that he’s chosen us over a probably bigger wage at Fylde. That’s the sort of player we want at the club 

• Like 2
Just now, Icke's Lizard said:

Seems decent and experienced at this level and at an age where he should be peaking. Hopefully we'very got a decent player on our hands. 

I take it that's the defence sorted? 

It looks like it. Based on Wilds comments he only wants a backup keeper and one other which he was reviewing where we needed a bit more depth or if we got an injury.

After Stensons injury, I'd say we need another striker as we only have Hyde and Allen for the time being. I do feel we are lacking depth at right back too but presume Wild thinks King with Maher as backup is sufficient.

1 hour ago, Shaymen Stats said:

Online stats are appalling for players below the Football League. 

It would appear that Byrne has played about 50 more games than Brown and is 3 years younger so his injury absences would appear a lot lower.