2 hours ago, chrisbo61 said:

Not really relevant is it? Corbyn is no longer the labour party leader!

The new guy would certainly do a better job! Put it this way ,you cant get any worse than the shower in charge now!

Absolutely relevant because if the the Tories had lost  - Corbyn would still be leader and Prime Minster and Starmer would still be a Brexit hating nobody.  

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All Swedish models appeal to me

It’s a load of crap and if people don’t believe it’s real, got yourselves scrubbed up and on the ICU at Calderdale Royal, then tell us it isn’t real.

It's not even a party political issue for me. It's about Johnson and those he chose to surround himself with (and the reasons they're there). I can disagree ideologically with Conservatives but am gro

Posted Images

Apologies in advance if I offend anyone.

But why should the fit and able bodied people suffer due to the fact that elderly and already ill people may die from the virus.

The deaths may go up but the government advice will absolutely ruin people immune systems anyway.

Not saying herd immunity would work.

But its quite clear the cases will go up when you can just pop down and get tested.

When it wasn't so easy to get tested did people just feel crap and deal with it? Guess so with the ages of deaths.

I will wear a mask in shops and public transport etc so that people's state of mind who are worried about catching it won't be be harmed.

But all along places that take card payment like B&Q etc have been less risk than going to to sit in someone's garden.

I'm not wearing a tinfoil hat but there is more to this than the virus.

Possible Agenda 21 being pushed?

• Like 2

I doubt that we’d sell more than 100 per game for streaming at £10 per game. 

Would we really get income from away fans, or would their clubs do their own streaming? I would expect us to stream all matches, home and away, if we do it, not buy it from the other club, with their biased commentators.

Perhaps I’m wrong, but that’s my opinion. We’ll never know unless we try, but don’t expect it to raise lots of cash.

3 hours ago, JRW said:

and Corbyn/Abbott would have been better!! Really?

What relevance has this got to absolutely anything?

Corbyn isn’t in charge. Boris “is” and it’s a shambles. 

Would you happy with a Town season because “would Paul Bracewell have done better?!?”

This is a matter of people’s lives, both directly and as a result of the virus response. Do you explain to those who’s loved ones have died “well at least they didn’t die with Corbyn in charge?”

We should demand competence and leadership, regardless of opinion of the alternative at the last general election.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, andrich said:

Would we really get income from away fans, or would their clubs do their own streaming? I would expect us to stream all matches, home and away, if we do it, not buy it from the other club, with their biased commentators.

Perhaps I’m wrong, but that’s my opinion. We’ll never know unless we try, but don’t expect it to raise lots of cash.

Not going to engage on the rest, but who exactly do you think looks after the vulnerable in care homes, hospitals and in their own homes? Also those who live with those vulnerable people.

I’m not saying there’s an easy answer, but to say crack on and cut off the vulnerable is not as easy and clear cut as you say, without even getting in to the morals of it.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Kay Shay-ra Shay-Ra said:

But its quite clear the cases will go up when you can just pop down and get tested.

When it wasn't so easy to get tested did people just feel crap and deal with it? Guess so with the ages of deaths.

but isn't this the issue? People are struggling to get tested..............

3 hours ago, Greggs said:

If you say so. :doh:

Let's all get Labour back in. The did a cracking job of putting us in a recession last time the were in 

What? Do you mean the world wide banking crises? Dont think that was caused by the labour party!

And has been shown to be correct by virtually every country in the world, the labour parties policy of investing out of crises, would have worked! Instead we have had ten years of tory austerity ruination!

34 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

What? Do you mean the world wide banking crises? Dont think that was caused by the labour party!

And has been shown to be correct by virtually every country in the world, the labour parties policy of investing out of crises, would have worked! Instead we have had ten years of tory austerity ruination!

Sorry chrisbo but that Starmer bloke worries me. Something a bit wimpish about him. I bet when he was at school at playtime he went skipping or playing hopscotch with the girls, instead of footy with the lads. You know the type.

Edited by born to moan
24 minutes ago, born to moan said:

Sorry chrisbo but that Starmer bloke worries me. Something a bit wimpish about him. I bet when he was at school at playtime he went skipping or playing hopscotch with the girls, instead of footy with the lads. You know the type.

The type that could sue you for defamation of character ?

4 hours ago, andrich said:

Can tell you for a fact that it would definitely be more than that.

When I did match updates for the "Shaymen Here and Now" section of the club website we would usually peak at about 250-300 followers on a good day, so you've got around that sort of figure as a base.

Then you factor in fans who follow the club via social media when they can't get to games, and combined with the regular match goers (taking into account fans who go with families who would only need one stream) and you're looking at a very good three figure audience as an absolute minimum.

Edited by Lewis
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, steve lumb said:

but isn't this the issue? People are struggling to get tested..............

Why is that?

1) Its a new virus and the government has had to start from scratch and struggling to get to the required capacity?

2) People are getting tested even when showing no symptoms of coronavirus? Its like A&E; full of people who should either see their doctor or a simple trip to the Pharmacy. I know of at least five people who (or their children) have felt unwell but are showing no symptoms of coronavirus but have gone for a test which has obviously come back negative.

21 hours ago, shaymandownsouff said:

Would be illegal, can’t just summarily sack the players. 

Could go into redundancy proceedings potentially but that is a bleak can of worms

Redundancy is a while other ball park though, given the mass clear out we’ve just had most of the players wouldn’t be eligible for redundancy pay as you have to have been with the employer for 2+ years.

1 hour ago, Bubba said:

Why is that?

1) Its a new virus and the government has had to start from scratch and struggling to get to the required capacity?

2) People are getting tested even when showing no symptoms of coronavirus? Its like A&E; full of people who should either see their doctor or a simple trip to the Pharmacy. I know of at least five people who (or their children) have felt unwell but are showing no symptoms of coronavirus but have gone for a test which has obviously come back negative.

It's like the advisory hour a day exercise that people suddenly thought was mandatory

And all the underlying health conditions that people suddenly have when it comes to face masks

(if you don't want to wear a face mask, don't go where you might need to wear one . Although this has now got a bit more complicated with that latest Government order for exempt workers to now where them)

1 hour ago, riccardo259 said:

Redundancy is a while other ball park though, given the mass clear out we’ve just had most of the players wouldn’t be eligible for redundancy pay as you have to have been with the employer for 2+ years.

Surely if the players have fixed term contracts you cannot make them redundant, so you have to pay them off.

Edited by Steve Lanzarote
7 hours ago, Lewis said:

Can tell you for a fact that it would definitely be more than that.

When I did match updates for the "Shaymen Here and Now" section of the club website we would usually peak at about 250-300 followers on a good day, so you've got around that sort of figure as a base.

Then you factor in fans who follow the club via social media when they can't get to games, and combined with the regular match goers (taking into account fans who go with families who would only need one stream) and you're looking at a very good three figure audience as an absolute minimum.

I am assuming it will be free for season ticket holders. I was meaning 100 to actually pay for it. Lots follow the updates on line, including me when I don’t go to the game, but that is free. I don’t think many will pay £10 per game. However, there is only one way to find out. I don’t think anybody (including you, or even the chairman!) can ‘tell us for a fact’ how many there might be. You have your opinion and I have mine!

11 hours ago, shaymandownsouff said:

Not going to engage on the rest, but who exactly do you think looks after the vulnerable in care homes, hospitals and in their own homes? Also those who live with those vulnerable people.

I’m not saying there’s an easy answer, but to say crack on and cut off the vulnerable is not as easy and clear cut as you say, without even getting in to the morals of it.

What has this got to do with my post?

• Confused 1
43 minutes ago, andrich said:

I am assuming it will be free for season ticket holders. I was meaning 100 to actually pay for it. Lots follow the updates on line, including me when I don’t go to the game, but that is free. I don’t think many will pay £10 per game. However, there is only one way to find out. I don’t think anybody (including you, or even the chairman!) can ‘tell us for a fact’ how many there might be. You have your opinion and I have mine!

IMHO I think the take up will be tremendous, we have 12 clubs in the league that would bring very few supporters to the Shay who I believe will pay a tenner to watch their team.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Bubba said:

The fact they awarded Serco the contract says it all. It's been reported more than once that the NHS has spare capacity, but Serco won't pay to access it. We're in a pandemic - testing should be government-led, not done for profit imo.

• Like 2
Just now, Hoddie said:

The fact they awarded Serco the contract says it all. It's been reported more than once that the NHS has spare capacity, but Serco won't pay to access it. We're in a pandemic - testing should be government-led, not done for profit imo.

Correct! And especially not by a company with the level of cock ups that Serco has.

3 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

We're in a pandemic - testing should be government-led, not done for profit imo.

And what about the research, testing, etc involved in finding a vaccine?

2 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

IMHO I think the take up will be tremendous, we have 12 clubs in the league that would bring very few supporters to the Shay who I believe will pay a tenner to watch their team.

Staggering kick offs and trying to avoid clashing with big games would broaden the potential but I'm not sure about the logistics of pay to view and we've also got to have an arrangement with BT to allow clubs to either do it on their own or do it via them

• Like 1