Jump to content

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, JRW said:

and Corbyn/Abbott would have been better!! Really?

Not really relevant is it? Corbyn is no longer the labour party leader!

The new guy would certainly do a better job! Put it this way ,you cant get any worse than the shower in charge now!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All Swedish models appeal to me

It’s a load of crap and if people don’t believe it’s real, got yourselves scrubbed up and on the ICU at Calderdale Royal, then tell us it isn’t real.

It's not even a party political issue for me. It's about Johnson and those he chose to surround himself with (and the reasons they're there). I can disagree ideologically with Conservatives but am gro

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

Not really relevant is it? Corbyn is no longer the labour party leader!

The new guy would certainly do a better job! Put it this way ,you cant get any worse than the shower in charge now!

But those were the 2 options at the time of election. Any other argument is pointless now because there isn't an election at this current time since the new party leader came in 

Labour wouldn't have done any better because here's the thing. Noone saw this coming at the time of election. It's not something you can plan for.

 

Edited by Greggs
Link to post
Share on other sites

Still think we have to start the season 03/10/20 if we want a season and stream game subsidised as follows , it would not cast the Gov as much as you think.

Last season av att 2179 say 179 kids 1000 ST of which 200 Kids means takings per game=23,450

stream sell 1650 @ tenner (poss with away fans buying) less ST holders 550                         =11,000

                                                                                                                                                                       

                                                                                                                                              Sub        12450 per game.

                                                                                                                                              Cheap by Gov standards.

Edited by Steve Lanzarote
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Still think we have to start the season 03/10/20 if we want a season and stream game subsidised as follows , it would not cast the Gov as much as you think.

Last season av att 2179 say 179 kids 1000 ST of which 200 Kids means takings per game=23,450

stream sell 1650 @ tenner (poss with away fans buying) less ST holders 550                         =11,000

                                                                                                                                                                       

                                                                                                                                              Sub        12450 per game.

                                                                                                                                              Cheap by Gov standards.

The streaming of games would bring in a lot of away fans money. If I could stream for £10 Towns away games I like hundreds of other Town fans would.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, born to moan said:

The streaming of games would bring in a lot of away fans money. If I could stream for £10 Towns away games I like hundreds of other Town fans would.

I agree. With streaming I would watch every away game - compared to the half a dozen I typically manage to get to across a season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Still think we have to start the season 03/10/20 if we want a season and stream game subsidised as follows , it would not cast the Gov as much as you think.

Last season av att 2179 say 179 kids 1000 ST of which 200 Kids means takings per game=23,450

stream sell 1650 @ tenner (poss with away fans buying) less ST holders 550                         =11,000

                                                                                                                                                                       

                                                                                                                                              Sub        12450 per game.

                                                                                                                                              Cheap by Gov standards.

Streaming is one of only 2 options now. It's either that or cancel the season. Cant start a season in Feb. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Bubba said:

To an extent I agree. However, I dont see how much different it would have been whoever was PM. Follow the science, dont follow the science. Lock down early, dont lock down early. Get kids back to school, dont get kids back to school.

Whichever turn the government had made, there would have been good and bad consequences and it really is a position in which there is no winner.

You mention Spains 14.5k daily infection rate from last Friday. The highest we had at the height of the 1st wave was half that. OK, we may surpass that with the 2nd wave. But it just shows how much of a difficult beast it is to tackle.

Just to be clear, the estimated peak of our 'first wave' was 100k new cases each day. We only tested in hospitals and care homes then - not in the community. The current 5k a day is a long way short of that, but clearly we are quickly heading in the wrong direction! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Still think we have to start the season 03/10/20 if we want a season and stream game subsidised as follows , it would not cast the Gov as much as you think.

Last season av att 2179 say 179 kids 1000 ST of which 200 Kids means takings per game=23,450

stream sell 1650 @ tenner (poss with away fans buying) less ST holders 550                         =11,000

                                                                                                                                                                       

                                                                                                                                              Sub        12450 per game.

                                                                                                                                              Cheap by Gov standards.

Problem with that. How many people who attend the Shay are families who go in groups of 2/3+? They’d only need to buy one stream to watch the game

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ewalsh said:

Problem with that. How many people who attend the Shay are families who go in groups of 2/3+? They’d only need to buy one stream to watch the game

I thought of that then also think of the fans who cannot get to games live down south, Scot, overseas etc I bet there is 2/300 there to make up for it,

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

Not really relevant is it? Corbyn is no longer the labour party leader!

The new guy would certainly do a better job! Put it this way ,you cant get any worse than the shower in charge now!

Starmer has a worse personality than Fullarton

Easiest thing in the world to shout criticism when you are in power. 

Edited by ashy1966
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ewalsh said:

Problem with that. How many people who attend the Shay are families who go in groups of 2/3+? They’d only need to buy one stream to watch the game

They might do extra say raffle or programme, just depends if they have spare cash

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

I thought of that then also think of the fans who cannot get to games live down south, Scot, overseas etc I bet there is 2/300 there to make up for it,

Lanzo get back to Halifax you're needed on the board of Directors. Just imagine having a brisk walk on the Ogden Promenade pre match.

Edited by born to moan
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Greggs said:

But those were the 2 options at the time of election. Any other argument is pointless now because there isn't an election at this current time since the new party leader came in 

Labour wouldn't have done any better because here's the thing. Noone saw this coming at the time of election. It's not something you can plan for.

 

Well thats a certainty! I dont think this government plan for anything do they? Just wing it, and if anyone grumbles does a u turn!

And actually there are protocols set in place for just this kind of event! In fact there was one set in place literally three months before the outbreak.

So yes, someone else probably would do a better job! My dog.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ashy1966 said:

Starmer has a worse personality than Fullerton. 

Easiest thing in the world to shout criticism when you are in power. 

crucifies Johnson every Wednesday though eh!

Ps thats what an opposition does! You know,oppose or criticise!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

Well thats a certainty! I dont think this government plan for anything do they? Just wing it, and if anyone grumbles does a u turn!

And actually there are protocols set in place for just this kind of event! In fact there was one set in place literally three months before the outbreak.

So yes, someone else probably would do a better job! My dog.

If you say so. :doh:

Let's all get Labour back in. The did a cracking job of putting us in a recession last time the were in 

Edited by Greggs
Link to post
Share on other sites

People might go as families  or groups of mates etc but our current covid restrictions mean you can't  go to somebody  else's  house so you will have to watch it on your own. 5 of us watched the borehamwood  game at mine under current rules we would have watch it in 3 different houses.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Tried contacting our local MP Holly Lynch to get her to peruse clarity on what's happening, but no joy. Anyone who is on social media could they help and try to get her to do her bit as the areas MP. Other MP's have written to the government on the town, cities football clubs behalf. Where else is there that draws in over 1500 people to an event in the Town on a regular basis? 

Edited by Walt Jabsco
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Walt Jabsco said:

Tried contacting our local MP Holly Lynch to get her to peruse clarity on what's happening, but no joy. Anyone who is on social media could they help and try to get her to do her bit as the areas MP. Other MP's have written to the government on the town, cities football clubs behalf. Where else is there that draws in over 1500 people to an event in the Town on a regular basis? 

 

Edited by Walt Jabsco
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Greggs said:

If you say so. :doh:

Let's all get Labour back in. The did a cracking job of putting us in a recession last time the were in 

Ah yes, the Labour recession, not connected in any way to the global banking crisis. Funny how the Tories will get a free pass with the Covid-19 recession, just as they did with John Major's and Thatcher's, and Ted Heath's and Macmillan's, and Eden's and MacDonald's, and Disraeli's and Gascoyne-Cecil's, and Smith-Stanley's and Disraeli's other one.

Truth is, you like most people have fallen for the Tory lie that you can't trust Labour with the economy. The media repeated it so often you didn't really stand a chance. I'll remind you again, even before Covid-19 was a thing, the Tories, since 2010 - in 9 years - borrowed more in REAL TERMS than all Labour governments added together, ever.

For info, the last recession under a non-Tory UK government was back in the 1780s under Temple's Whig government.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Walt Jabsco said:

Tried contacting our local MP Holly Lynch to get her to peruse clarity on what's happening, but no joy. Anyone who is on social media could they help and try to get her to do her bit as the areas MP. Other MP's have written to the government on the town, cities football clubs behalf. Where else is there that draws in over 1500 people to an event in the Town on a regular basis? 

You've more chance of contacting Shergar. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ewalsh said:

Problem with that. How many people who attend the Shay are families who go in groups of 2/3+? They’d only need to buy one stream to watch the game

Pointed that out3/4 months ago and got shot down in flames mate??

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...