• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All Swedish models appeal to me

It’s a load of crap and if people don’t believe it’s real, got yourselves scrubbed up and on the ICU at Calderdale Royal, then tell us it isn’t real.

It's not even a party political issue for me. It's about Johnson and those he chose to surround himself with (and the reasons they're there). I can disagree ideologically with Conservatives but am gro

Posted Images

NL season start deferred .

Bamber Bridge drop out of FA Cup because on of their players has covid and the team have to isolate for 14 days.

Stenson may not miss as much of the season as first feared !

Edited by rdj
sp
56 minutes ago, shaymandownsouff said:

Although it appears non-elite sport will be allowed to continue with fans. That push to categorise as elite and get the play offs continued looks more and more short sighted by the day

Yeps, and step 3/4 crowds were quite clearly up last weekend too. Extra 100 or so at Brighouse. 'Sell outs' at Hednesford and Nuneaton. People will start packing into those grounds. It's not the answer.

I bet the billy big bollocks clubs who pushed for Conf North/South to be classed as 'elite' so their playoffs could be played suddenly regret it.

6 minutes ago, kirkbymoorsidesteve said:

dover chairman stated on breakfast tv that they would close if no fans are let in, in october, hope this is not the begining of the end for small clubs!!!

May already be mentioned but Merthyr Tydfil have withdrew for the season too due to strict local lockdowns and them not believing they can operate without the income from fans.

This has thrown the cat among the pigeons. Premier League clubs with tv money etc don’t really  need income from fans who are nothing more than cosmetic packaging for the product. Politicians will take the view, without the emotional attachment of football fans, that 99 pc watch premier teams on tv, so keep that going and sod the rest. The consequences will prove fatal for some clubs.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Redcard said:

This has thrown the cat among the pigeons. Premier League clubs with tv money etc don’t really  need income from fans who are nothing more than cosmetic packaging for the product. Politicians will take the view, without the emotional attachment of football fans, that 99 pc watch premier teams on tv, so keep that going and sod the rest. The consequences will prove fatal for some clubs.

That will prove a disaster for any political party making that decision. Fans are voters.

theres going to be alot of teams going under in the next few months it's sad...we are so lucky to have db and not spending within our means I think we will be ok..a struggle yes but having or setting a low budget is the right thing to do...I raise my pint to db I really do...mabey steve lanzarote should join me just this one time?