6 minutes ago, Lewis said:

Not mentioning Aspin is understandable as it's no secret that they didn't get on at all. As for not mentioning Wild he'll have his reasons

And Wild will no doubt have his, probably feels his top earner asking for money wont be food for squad morale.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It comes a time to leave this brilliant club. The memories are too much to mention. The penalty shootouts, the promotion, the playoffs but best of all lifting the FA trophy at Wembley in front of so m

I think some people have “ short “ memories , when PW arrived at the Shay as I recall one of his early decisions was to give MB an extended contract. We do not and probably will never know what t

Cannot understand all the drama about Brown leaving In the cold light of day he wanted more money for an extra day,s work (not an unreasonable request) The management made a financial decision th

Posted Images

From what I’d heard from a semi-reliable source a few weeks back, and reading between the lines, I’m certain money is the problem.

I’ve noticed his agent has been liking everyone’s tweets saying we shouldn’t have let him go and it’s no secret York are throwing money around. He’ll surely be on more money there than he was here.

If that’s the case though, why did Wild clearly lie about training being the issue. Something doesn’t sit right with me on this one. Can’t decide who to be annoyed with. Think both parties could have dealt with it better. 

1 minute ago, AJS said:

From what I’d heard from a semi-reliable source a few weeks back, and reading between the lines, I’m certain money is the problem.

I’ve noticed his agent has been liking everyone’s tweets saying we shouldn’t have let him go and it’s no secret York are throwing money around. He’ll surely be on more money there than he was here.

If that’s the case though, why did Wild clearly lie about training being the issue. Something doesn’t sit right with me on this one. Can’t decide who to be annoyed with. Think both parties could have dealt with it better. 

It could have been a mixture of both being right, brown may have said he would commit to the extra day if he’s paid for it, and Wilds opinion is that he therefore isn’t committed. If this is the case I can see it from both sides. I wouldn’t start working Saturdays on top of Mon-Fri without being paid more. 

6 minutes ago, Shayfan92 said:

It could have been a mixture of both being right, brown may have said he would commit to the extra day if he’s paid for it, and Wilds opinion is that he therefore isn’t committed. If this is the case I can see it from both sides. I wouldn’t start working Saturdays on top of Mon-Fri without being paid more. 

It’s a tricky one, if he was asking for a ridiculous pay rise then I can understand Wild wanting rid. If it was only a slight increase I can see why Brown would feel hard done by. I don’t think we’ll ever find out the full details unfortunately 

Just now, halifaxmark said:

If we strengthen our defence then great but if we dont then not a good decision to let him go. Hopefully the signing we hoped to hear about at the end of last week can be revealed if its been finalised 

It’s going to have to be a big signing. No offence to Bradbury or Benn, but I don’t think either of them are on Browns level but happy to be proven wrong.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, never_shay_die said:

Sad to see him go but too many fans reading one side of the story and immediately jumping to conclusions about who or what was to blame.

Hasn’t Brown been criticised for weeks following PW’s statement at the start of Pre-season? 

16 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

If we strengthen our defence then great but if we dont then not a good decision to let him go. Hopefully the signing we hoped to hear about at the end of last week can be revealed if its been finalised 

I don't think the club will be putting anyone else on the payroll until we know the season can start. We could still be waiting to start this season in December the way things are going.. if that is the case. Financial support needs to be given to clubs at this level to stop bankruptcy. 

10 minutes ago, Flea said:

Hasn’t Brown been criticised for weeks following PW’s statement at the start of Pre-season? 

Not by me. I didn't know the full story and I still don't. 

I have Browny's statement which seems to suggest a 'solution' was needed, but no real idea as to what the problem was or the desired solution would have been. 

Deliberately leaving PW off the statement shows no love lost perhaps, but again it's one side of the story. 

Browny is and will remain a club legend for what he has done over his time at Halifax, however, as good a servant he was to the club we all new that his lack of pace had started to show and did leave us exposed at times, which in turn caused us to defend deeper and invite the opposition on to us.

All we need now is for the club to go and find a new Marc Roberts who was and is a better player.

Thank you Browny but we move on and wish him well at his new club

Interesting to read Browns posting which gives a different perspective to that pedalled by Wild, but really we’re no closer to what has really transpired.

On the contract side, MB was part way through a contract but if it stipulated the number of training days MB may have been fully entitled to expect to be paid for doing more. We don’t know, and it is possible that MB has been ‘engineered’ out of the door via that route. If his post is to be believed then there appears to be much more than one day a week (3-4 hrs?) training. Regarding the new contract PW gave him, that looks to have been done on the basis of his ability as a player, 12 months down the line he knows more about him regarding his standing and relationships with DB and the supporters? I have experience of being ‘engineered’ out by an insecure boss.

Anyway, I doubt if we’ll ever find out about what went on behind the scenes, so hopefully we can now move forward. As others have said, this is now PWs team and so is all the back room staff so there will be nowhere to hide if it all goes wrong. Personally, I’ve yet to see why PW has achieved messiah status with some on here, perhaps because he speaks to the press a lot and says what they want to hear? Talk is cheap, but I’d love us to have found the next Eddie Howe - but that means success on the pitch not in the paper. 

Roll on the league games.

• Like 2

At his best a rock at the back & excellent leader, carrying hamstring issues etc. & lack of pace he could be seen as a liability. We had some good times during his tenure, good luck to him in the future, will be remembered fondly, we move on.

13 minutes ago, Angus said:

Interesting to read Browns posting which gives a different perspective to that pedalled by Wild, but really we’re no closer to what has really transpired.

On the contract side, MB was part way through a contract but if it stipulated the number of training days MB may have been fully entitled to expect to be paid for doing more. We don’t know, and it is possible that MB has been ‘engineered’ out of the door via that route. If his post is to be believed then there appears to be much more than one day a week (3-4 hrs?) training. Regarding the new contract PW gave him, that looks to have been done on the basis of his ability as a player, 12 months down the line he knows more about him regarding his standing and relationships with DB and the supporters? I have experience of being ‘engineered’ out by an insecure boss.

Anyway, I doubt if we’ll ever find out about what went on behind the scenes, so hopefully we can now move forward. As others have said, this is now PWs team and so is all the back room staff so there will be nowhere to hide if it all goes wrong. Personally, I’ve yet to see why PW has achieved messiah status with some on here, perhaps because he speaks to the press a lot and says what they want to hear? Talk is cheap, but I’d love us to have found the next Eddie Howe - but that means success on the pitch not in the paper. 

Roll on the league games.

Does he really have ' messiah staus'? I dont think so, people are behind him in the main and whats wrong with that? It goes without saying he'll need results, just like every other manager in the world he's not beyond criticism.

Edited by greygoose
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, shaymen down under said:

No, he just couldn’t commit to extra training that’s required. Maybe at York, it’s optional, and considering it’s one of the few clubs that could prob match his wage from us. Makes sense really.

Doubling his traveling though if he lives on Merseyside if he is travelling to York 3 times a week another 6 hours travelling extra.

30 minutes ago, Redcard said:

Brown wasn’t a servant, he played for money like all players but no doubt loved the club. Looks like he wanted more of the stuff and now he has left and has a hell of a commute from Liverpool to York. Wild has to weigh things up and was prepared to keep him but not at any cost. Brown comes with a risk of injury and loss of form. Season before last he was brilliant when he stayed fit. Not quite the same last season and now wrong side of 30. On balance Wild obviously thinks he can do better. He is the manager, it’s his call and that’s how it should be coz if he messes up it’s his head on the line.

Difficult for PW to offer Brown extra money if the other players who were contracted for more than last season had accepted to the extra training without any increased pay !