• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It comes a time to leave this brilliant club. The memories are too much to mention. The penalty shootouts, the promotion, the playoffs but best of all lifting the FA trophy at Wembley in front of so m

I think some people have “ short “ memories , when PW arrived at the Shay as I recall one of his early decisions was to give MB an extended contract. We do not and probably will never know what t

Cannot understand all the drama about Brown leaving In the cold light of day he wanted more money for an extra day,s work (not an unreasonable request) The management made a financial decision th

Posted Images

1 minute ago, born to moan said:

Of course he wanted he wanted to play for us. Its obvious Wild didn't want someone with more influence than him in the changing room.

You’ve got to admit, it wouldn’t go do well if the captain missed a day of training with the rest of the squad.

Could we have maybe taken the captain role off him and found a way to accommodate him? Who knows but something does seem a bit dodgy considering he’s gone to another full time club 

11 minutes ago, Greggs said:

We will miss him. Not only as a player. But as a captain and a leader. Its hard to find players that really care in football and you can see he loved the club.  Such a shame its had to end. 

Good luck Matty 

Nathan Clarke will more than fill his shoes in the captaincy role, the respect Nathan has from his peers is incredible 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Walt Jabsco said:

Nathan Clarke will more than fill his shoes in the captaincy role, the respect Nathan has from his peers is incredible 

Sorry to say I was in the Clarke retiring camp at the end of last season. It's nice to have a local lad as captain but for me this is one year too many for him. Of course I hope I'm wrong. 

• Like 1

I don’t agree with this move and think we have made ourselves weaker by letting him go. I hope it doesn’t come back to bite us in the arse.

One thing is for sure, PW can not hide if the players he has brought in fail to hit the standard needed. This is his team, so while I hope we are singing his name in a year saying what a superb job he is still doing, if those he has brought in fail it is his neck on the line. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Flea said:

I don’t agree with this move and think we have made ourselves weaker by letting him go. I hope it doesn’t come back to bite us in the arse.

One thing is for sure, PW can not hide if the players he has brought in fail to hit the standard needed. This is his team, so while I hope we are singing his name in a year saying what a superb job he is still doing, if those he has brought in fail it is his neck on the line. 

If he didn't want or couldn't commit why would you keep him? Regarding his neck on the line I am sure he wouldnt want it any other way. 

12 minutes ago, AJS said:

You’ve got to admit, it wouldn’t go do well if the captain missed a day of training with the rest of the squad.

Could we have maybe taken the captain role off him and found a way to accommodate him? Who knows but something does seem a bit dodgy considering he’s gone to another full time club 

Dont think I wouldn't be happy if I had to work 5 days and person next to me only had to work 4 days, PW wants to change it and has fans all we can do is trust him

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Walt Jabsco said:

If he didn't want or couldn't commit why would you keep him? Regarding his neck on the line I am sure he wouldnt want it any other way. 

Didn’t, couldn’t or wasn’t allowed? 

• Like 2

I don't get the conspiracy theory that Brown and Wild don't get on? 

I got told he gave him a boll**king last season but it was footballing and nowt sinister, just a kick up the backside on a poor period of play. 

Why does there always have to be something fishy going on? Brown was a great captain a decent lad and he's moved on to another club, end of story. 

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

I don't get the conspiracy theory that Brown and Wild don't get on? 

I got told he gave him a boll**king last season but it was footballing and nowt sinister, just a kick up the backside on a poor period of play. 

Why does there always have to be something fishy going on? Brown was a great captain a decent lad and he's moved on to another club, end of story. 

Have you even read Browny's statement?

Safe to say the relationship has certainly disappeared from his point of view.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Juryeff said:

Have you even read Browny's statement?

Safe to say the relationship has certainly disappeared from his point of view.

Now this is nothing against browny at all, and it’s only a guess, but maybe the point in principle is money. If I’m doing more hrs at work, I would be hoping to compensated more for it? Maybe that was the sticking point between Browny and PW?.

Browny what a guy and top player, wish him all the best at York.

• Like 2
Just now, shaymandownsouff said:

That statement is very very clear.

He makes it very clear that it’s an issue with Wild.

I have backed Wild to now, it’s one thing to not want Brown, that’s his choice as manager, but to seem to be disingenuous with fans...

Well wild and browny are both right. If my guess is remotely close. Browny wanted compensating for extra commitment and at 30yrs old I don’t blame him.

2 minutes ago, greygoose said:

Sad to see him go as he's been top servant to the club and imo will take some replacing.

That said though, i think we've had his best years. Comes across somwhat bitter by not mentioning Wild or Aspin though.

Not mentioning Aspin is understandable as it's no secret that they didn't get on at all. As for not mentioning Wild he'll have his reasons