32 minutes ago, born to moan said:

Arthur Johnson. He was the first Town keeper I can remember, my dad started taking me to the Shay when I was about 6, that's 1957.

Exactly the same for me BTM Paddy Stanley and Phil Roscoe as fullbacks we’re bigger than most centre halves 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, TommyH72 said:

Sorry Nick. But same as TMWWT, I dont think you could jump off a moving train when Mick was around!! (Or maybe you could, cant remember?)

Thought we still had slam door trains then ..we certainly had then in London 

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, Nick said:

Thought we still had slam door trains then ..we certainly had then in London 

Just slid the window down opened the door from the outside easy job done everyone always jumped off the train and buses before they actually stopped in fact some bus drivers didn´t even bother stopping at all.

2 hours ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Just slid the window down opened the door from the outside easy job done everyone always jumped off the train and buses before they actually stopped in fact some bus drivers didn´t even bother stopping at all.

The open back buses were great, just jumped on and off where you wanted to, if the bus was going up hill it was so slow it was probably quicker to run anyway? :D

• Haha 1