2 minutes ago, oldskir said:

Macc have died with a debt of just over £500,000. It's a sobering thought that just one week's wage from one top Manchester City player and one from United would pay that off. The game has gone crazy with far too much money at the top level while clubs lower down like Bury and Macclesfield are collapsing.

All clubs should live within their means regardless of what a club 4 leagues higher spends, and more importantly, brings in. 

It's not Man City or United's fault that Macc have failed to do that, nor their responsibility to bail them out. There was little sympathy when my club died, and I don't have much for other clubs who fall into the same trap.

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, mj85 said:

All clubs should live within their means regardless of what a club 4 leagues higher spends, and more importantly, brings in. 

It's not Man City or United's fault that Macc have failed to do that, nor their responsibility to bail them out. There was little sympathy when my club died, and I don't have much for other clubs who fall into the same trap.

Damn right. If government decisions over COVID force clubs to the wall over the next year that is potentially a different kettle of fish. Macc have just been horrendously ran for years.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, mj85 said:

Correct. If a small tech company goes out of business nobody is calling for Apple and Microsoft to chip in and keep them running

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Riders of Rohan said:

And on another thread I have just read we are starting the season with a boot room team of seven for seventeen players.

We have a restricted ground capacity and uncertainty how long that level of capacity will continue in the event of a worsening pandemic. 

Not a very smart move.

What are you suggesting we do? We have to be prepared for the season starting on the date set. Should we have just not signed anyone and hoped the season doesmt start? 

• Thanks 1
10 hours ago, Riders of Rohan said:

And on another thread I have just read we are starting the season with a boot room team of seven for seventeen players.

We have a restricted ground capacity and uncertainty how long that level of capacity will continue in the event of a worsening pandemic. 

Not a very smart move.

Not covered by the 'Rule of 6'  ;)

14 hours ago, Greggs said:

What are you suggesting we do? We have to be prepared for the season starting on the date set. Should we have just not signed anyone and hoped the season doesmt start? 

Seven staff is the point I’m making. Of course we had to sign players but we have never had so many non playing staff. 

Reading Macc's Wraggs to Riches forum https://fansonline.net/macclesfieldtown/mb/ they seem to be clinging to the hope a buyer comes in and buys Macc from the Official Receiver.  If there is a delay to the start of the National League could this theoretically buy them time to exchange contracts and continue their membership of the National League albeit under a different name?  Or the fact the court order to wind them up automatically enacts the FA rule to start at the bottom of the pyramid next season.

Either way, they say there is a National League meeting today 24th.  Whether this is a regular meeting or in response to the Govt announcement to ban fans from attending sports, Maccs tenure in the National League might be on the Agenda and their fate sealed.

• Like 1